• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

MSMrRound

she also passed away.

While we are on that subject...I have a feeling Persona 5 might be very well the last title that Miyu Matsuki (Lailah from Tales of Zestiria, Captain Claire from Trails of Cold Steel I and II, Sapphire from Prisma Illya, Anna from Shimoneta and more) lent her voice to before she passed away last year.

Chihaya Mifune cooperation trailer

Kinda unexpected, but also glad that there was still one more project that we could hear her voice in. Rest in peace.

On a more pleasant note, I'm also happy to see Atlus giving more job opportunites for Tomomi Isomura (Persona Stalker Club) host, even giving her the chance to voice the cooperation character Mifumi (yes, I know she's a voice actress to begin with, but outside of Baka to Test's Shouko, she doesn't seem to have a lot of roles lined up for her)

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Just watched the full opening. I'm pretty sure someone has already speculated this, but the new scene with Futaba, Makoto and Haru makes it look like
they start out against you
. I've only watched the trailers rather than hunting down all the gameplay footage floating around, and the way they've been cut makes it look like you
have to fight Makoto and Haru before they join the team

I liked the song so much more without vocals.

Yeah /: At this point all we can do is accept that this stufff is here to stay, but we can wish and hope that they could at least contextualize it better. Though considering that car incident I don't think we're off to a good start:
doesn't Anne go through a sexual harassment incident with her teacher? You save her from it and now, you're actively creeping on her? It just seems in really poor taste.

Yeah I realized this and it upset me pretty bad.

kboyrulez12345

Neo Member
Yeah /: At this point all we can do is accept that this stufff is here to stay, but we can wish and hope that they could at least contextualize it better. Though considering that car incident I don't think we're off to a good start:
doesn't Anne go through a sexual harassment incident with her teacher? You save her from it and now, you're actively creeping on her? It just seems in really poor taste.[/spoilers]
I can only hope that Atlus will subvert our expectations. Like, the scenes where Ryuji is perving over Anne is comedic now, but later on as the game progress he realizes what an asshole thing it is to perv on someone who's been through sexual harassment. In other words, http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CerebusSyndrome

Dantis

Just watched the full opening. I'm pretty sure someone has already speculated this, but the new scene with Futaba, Makoto and Haru makes it look like
they start out against you
. I've only watched the trailers rather than hunting down all the gameplay footage floating around, and the way they've been cut makes it look like you
have to fight Makoto and Haru before they join the team

I liked the song so much more without vocals.
I feel like none of the vocals sound overly great. The instrumental tracks are excellent though.

Can you explain the second spoiler? I haven't seen anything suggesting that.

Strimei

I feel like none of the vocals sound overly great. The instrumental tracks are excellent though.

I like the vocals better than when they were first revealed, and I like the latter parts more than early, but its still not clicking much with me. It'll worm its way in though, I'm sure. I remember thinking the vocals in P3 were meh, but now I love 'em.

As for the second spoiler, I can only guess
its because they just look slightly antagonistic due to their positions? I don't get it either, though, honestly. They're just sitting there flanking Futaba. That's all. Honestly, I'm a bit meh on the full reveal of the opening, too, since I feel like it didn't really reveal anything new, and Makoto/Haru/Futaba really didn't have much of an appearance in it at all.

And then there's Goro's lack of inclusion. Still wonder why they're keeping him back.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)

Watching PV04 again I'm completely wrong on both counts:
I thought Makoto was losing her shit and charging at them, but they're all calmly standing behind her. Same with Haru, I doubt she's coming in hostile with Morgana at her feet.

Basically I've spent much less time than a lot of you looking at this footage and should be largely ignored.

BXLOB6s.png

Looking forward to the sign holding spinoff

Even people in relationships are going to blow off their significant others to play Persona 5

Or they could... you know...
play together?

Like they're in a healthy relationship based on common interests?

I mean, I can't exactly speak from personal experience, but it's not outside the realm of possibility.

ConmanIX

Yo.
I made a pretty rough version of the battle theme from PV2. It still has background noise in the middle, which is a pain, but I added the vocals from the 20th anniversary trailer. Figured I'd post it in case anyone wanted it

Here ya go!

DNAbro

Someone subbed the 18 minute opening https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnMRYzYES3w

February is way way way way way way too far away. I want/need/crave/ it.

Some plot things
So yes there seems to be a traitor. Common sense says Goro, since we know he joins but ehh that's easy.

Also how weird is the voice in the beginning? What happens if you say no to it? Is that Igor's voice?

Someone subbed the 18 minute opening https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnMRYzYES3w

Some plot things
So yes there seems to be a traitor. Common sense says Goro, since we know he joins but ehh that's easy.

Also how weird is the voice in the beginning? What happens if you say no to it? Is that Igor's voice?

Must... not click. Must... wait.. till February

Setsu00

There seems to be at least some speculation whether Yuki Mishima, the Moon conspirator, is based on a historical figure. (Beware of potentially spoilery speculation)

Yukio Mishima and Yuki Mishima have obviously very similiar names, even in Japanese where they share three kanji. The historical Mishima was a right-wing nationalist most famous for his failed coup d'état which culminated in his suicide. This matches with the themes of social revolution prevalent in Persona 5. Mishima was also an author who frequently discussed homosexuality in his works (especially in Forbidden Colors, 禁色 and Confessions of a Mask, 仮面の告白) and was rumored to be gay. If Yuki is indeed based on him, we may now have an actual candidate for a same sex relationship.

Some plot things

Since so many assume it's Goro, I'm starting to suspect Haru instead. Maybe she got manipulated by her father?

There seems to be at least some speculation whether Yuki Mishima, the Moon conspirator, is based on a historical figure. (Beware of potentially spoilery speculation)

Yukio Mishima and Yuki Mishima have obviously very similiar names, even in Japanese where they share three kanji. The historical Mishima was a right-wing nationalist most famous for his failed coup d'état which culminated in his suicide. This matches with the themes of social revolution prevalent in Persona 5. Mishima was also an author who frequently discussed homosexuality in his works (especially in Forbidden Colors, 禁色 and Confessions of a Mask, 仮面の告白) and was rumored to be gay. If Yuki is indeed based on him, we may now have an actual candidate for a same sex relationship.

If nothing else, it's refreshing to assume this about someone other than Yusuke just because he's the pretty one.

Setsu00

"[HARD] is intended for advanced players in which battles can be enjoyed that require thorough planning. The difficulty can later be changed. The story won't change no matter what difficulty you chose."

DNAbro

I like this a lot.

FluxWaveZ

I find it cool that, all at once now, a lot of the Atlus devs are moving onto new projects after they've finished development on a bunch of major releases. The Devil Survivor team after #FE. Team Maniax after SMT IV: Apocalypse. The Etrian Odyssey team after EOV. P-Studio after Persona 5. It's pretty neat.

Dantis

This seems like a stretch. When have character traits been so specifically influenced by their namesake?

Mediking

I might actually play the game on either Easy or even Safety Mode. My gaming habits just can't deal with long annoying boss fights anymore. I wanna cruise and enjoy the story and extra content without sweating about battles. Then on a later playthru... I'll play something harder.

Setsu00

This seems like a stretch. When have character traits been so specifically influenced by their namesake?

Goro Akechi in P5 is an obvious reference to Kogoro Akechi. Yuko Osada from P4D is a stand-in for Yukiko Okada.
Both were pop idols and eventually killed themselves due to their careers.

Zolo

Goro Akechi in P5 is an obvious reference to Kogoro Akechi. Yuko Osada from P4D is a stand-in for Yukiko Okada.

Yeah. It sounded plausible to me. That said, are there any counter examples of names being references in the series (P3 and further) that don't share any traits? I'm just wondering what the likelihood of sharing traits based on name referencing here would be based on past history.

Just taking a prediction with P5 coming soon, I'm kind of figuring that there will be at least one social link who's link actually will revolve around the concept of homosexuality in Japan and will likely be a romance interest as a result. That said, I don't think at the moment that any of the male party members will be romance-able (though Yusuke would be the most likely). The fact that Atlus "kinda-sorta" delved into these topics in previous Persona games(and Catherine) at least make me think they have an interest in the topic.

But the game is a work of fiction, and all charecters are unrelated to those in real life. :p
This is the reason I'm answering 'No' at the question prompt. :mad:

Dantis

These are both drastically broader and more significant than someone's sexuality.

Top Bottom