• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Setsu00

Since I'm assuming the school costumes aren't in the Collector's Edition... I would be willing to pay like $3.00 for them UNLESS Atlus does it cool and make them a quest unlockable. And I also hope that the school costumes are available to be bought/used as soon as the game releases because I'm gonna be having Joker wear that P3 costume for a majority of the game unless I find a even cooler one.

?! I just imagined Joker doing that cool winning animation for a battle in P3's costume..... LET'S GO.

Is there any specific reason other than "I like Persona 3" why you want to use the Gekkoukan uniform? I'm not sure if you'll like this game If you want this game to be simply another retreat of P3's formula.

Mediking

Is there any specific reason other than "I like Persona 3" why you want to use the Gekkoukan uniform? I'm not sure if you'll like this game If you want this game to be simply another retreat of P3's formula.

?! I'm hyped for P5 for alotta reasons... I just wanna see Joker in the Gek uniform... sheesh. I never even said I want this P5 to be a retread of P3. From everything I've seen so far, P5 is looking to surpass P3 and P4.

Setsu00

?! I'm hyped for P5 for alotta reasons... I just wanna see Joker in the Gek uniform... sheesh. I never even said I want this P5 to be a retread of P3. From everything I've seen so far, P5 is looking to surpass P3 and P4.

I wasn't trying to offend you. I was simply interested in finding out why you prefer the Gekkoukan look over the Shujin uniform since I think that the Gekkoukan uniform clashes with the rest of the setting.

Mediking

I wasn't trying to offend you. I was simply interested in finding out why you prefer the Gekkoukan look over the Shujin uniform since I think that the Gekkoukan uniform clashes with the rest of the setting.

!!!! I just had a "If you want P3 so badly then play P3, Mediking!!!" moment. Hahahah my bad. My bad....

Nachos

Any questions I should try asking Lotus Juice and Hirata on Friday?
Besides how three dots can connect to rectangles?

Mediking

I am looking forward to seeing if Joker goes through any inner mental turmoil in the game. Like, I think it would be really cool like if after every heist or so... a mysterious voice pops in and asks Joker stuff like, "How long are you going to keep doing this before someone gets hurt? Don't you care?" I really miss that cool mysterious style of narration from Persona.

I need my "........" back! Haha.

Zolo

I am looking forward to seeing if Joker goes through any inner mental turmoil in the game. Like, I think it would be really cool like if after every heist or so... a mysterious voice pops in and asks Joker stuff like, "How long are you going to keep doing this before someone gets hurt? Don't you care?" I really miss that cool mysterious style of narration from Persona.

tumblr_oazhvvDb1u1v2s93bo9_1280.png

PK Gaming

That sounds super lame dude

cj_iwakura

We already know that. It's confirmed Tatsuya likes Maya, but doesn't think he's good enough for her.

And they'll never be since he goes back to his world.

Maya's opinion always struck me as 'aww, that's cute. Maybe in five years, kiddo'.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Is there a good LP of Catherine somewhere? I dig the Persona-like aesthetic, but I'm not a puzzle guy.

Mediking

Is there a good LP of Catherine somewhere? I dig the Persona-like aesthetic, but I'm not a puzzle guy.

Super Best Friends Play are LAING Catherine on their YouTube channel right now. They're entertaining but man... Lol
I really don't suggest it. The game has a ton of variables, and it's best experienced first hand. The puzzles are a LOT of fun once you get acclimated.

Totally agreed. It's funny how a Persona 3 LP got me into the series. I was watching a few videos and I was like, "Whoaaaaaaaaaaaa..."

Setsu00

At all? No involvement in the game whatsoever? That's kind of a bummer.

Lotus Juice seemed kind of pissed that everyone associates him with Persona and not with his own stuff the last time someone asked him why was not part of P5's soundtrack. I'm pretty sure that he wants to focus more on his own songs for a while.

Lotus Juice seemed kind of pissed that everyone associates him with Persona and not with his own stuff the last time someone asked him why was not part of P5's soundtrack. I'm pretty sure that he wants to focus more on his own songs for a while.

Is this from the Japanese audience or western audience. I could understand the annoyance if its from the former but the latter can't be blamed.

Nachos

I don't know if I'd say "pissed," but yeah, he's clearly trying to make a name for himself that can stand without with the Persona brand.

It was posted in English on his Twitter account IIRC, so I guess it was him being fed up with the Western audience.
But then again, this is just based off of a few YouTube interviews I've seen.

Setsu00

I don't know if I'd say "pissed," but yeah, he's clearly trying to make a name for himself that can stand without with the Persona brand.

But then again, this is just based off of a few YouTube interviews I've seen.

"Pissed" was probably a bad choice, yes, but I do get the feeling that he's annoyed that his Western fans predominantly know him for his involvement with Persona.

Sophia

I know some of his works outside of Persona (Jojo/Dead or Alive/his original album), but yeah he's still associated with Persona heavily. Especially in the west.

Strimei

"yosh"- P5MC

What?

From what I know, that's basically an affirmative word, sort of thing. Basically "yup!" or "sure thing!"

Someone with better knowledge correct me if I'm wrong.

As for Lotus Juice, I just hope he doesn't mind the Persona connection since I'm sure that's probably a large amount of what he's gonna sign tomorrow. That said, I am interested in his other work.

Nachos

Lotus Juice and Hirata were great in concert. They were able to bring a lot of energy just by themselves. I could tell not having any live instrumentation held it back a little bit, and there were a few technical issues (including one that forced the last song to go a cappella), but all things considered, it was a lot a fun. They each played some of their non-Persona songs, but also played Soul Drive, Dance, Never More, Backside of the TV, and Break Out of.

I took some photos, but my telescopic lense was broken, so none of them are that close-up. I'll post them once I get home on Sunday.

Zolo

More demo info from the same source as last time:

https://nekketsunikki.wordpress.com/2016/08/12/persona-5-august-11-demo-event-spoilersimpressions/

As the writer notes himself, there might be mistakes in the translation, though nothing really sounded off to me.

Sojiro san says things like “I don’t have seats available if it’s for men” and ” Saving a man’s phone number goes against my principles” and is a dandy. As expected of Jouji(Nakata)

Bonus pic to go along with this:

Top Bottom