• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

DNAbro

More demo info from the same source as last time:

https://nekketsunikki.wordpress.com/2016/08/12/persona-5-august-11-demo-event-spoilersimpressions/

As the writer notes himself, there might be mistakes in the translation, though nothing really sounded off to me.

Bonus pic to go along with this:

Things I think are noteworthy

Mishima kun comes to class all beaten up. He has a band-aid on his right cheek, a scratch on his left cheek, his left arm is bandaged from the wrist to the elbow. And even though he’s injured, he’s still planning to go to club activities after school. During class, his desk is far away from MC’s, but for some reason he keeps staring at MC.

I'm curious about this for a lot of reasons. I don't think it's related to Kamoshida and the "torturing" thing that we heard about. Maybe violent bullying? Also interesting that he seems to be interested in the MC even at the start before the phantom thieves arrive.

and

It seems some portraits displayed are Madarame’s ex disciples, at least that’s what the writer deduced from a remark An says. There’s also a large portrait in a hall with someone that looks like Yusuke. His hair looks similar, however he’s wearing his summer school uniform and at that point they’re still wearing winter uniforms, so maybe that’s not Yusuke.(I don’t really think that’s a good argument, as it could have just have been painted more than a year ago)

There’s a portrait that when you examine, Ryuji says “If he knew he’s being thought of that way~…”, probably talking about Yusuke, meaning they probably already met him once.

Kind of a weird statement from Ryuji. It seems odd and kind of creepy. I assumed that Yusuke's teacher was just stealing his art but maybe there is more to it.

Mishima kun comes to class all beaten up. He has a band-aid on his right cheek, a scratch on his left cheek, his left arm is bandaged from the wrist to the elbow. And even though he’s injured, he’s still planning to go to club activities after school. During class, his desk is far away from MC’s, but for some reason he keeps staring at MC.

I'm curious about this for a lot of reasons. I don't think it's related to Kamoshida and the "torturing" thing that we heard about. Maybe violent bullying? Also interesting that he seems to be interested in the MC even at the start before the phantom thieves arrive.

and

It seems some portraits displayed are Madarame’s ex disciples, at least that’s what the writer deduced from a remark An says. There’s also a large portrait in a hall with someone that looks like Yusuke. His hair looks similar, however he’s wearing his summer school uniform and at that point they’re still wearing winter uniforms, so maybe that’s not Yusuke.(I don’t really think that’s a good argument, as it could have just have been painted more than a year ago)

There’s a portrait that when you examine, Ryuji says “If he knew he’s being thought of that way~…”, probably talking about Yusuke, meaning they probably already met him once.

Kind of a weird statement from Ryuji. It seems odd and kind of creepy. I assumed that Yusuke's teacher was just stealing his art but maybe there is more to it.

I can't remember specifics, but I've seen a few other comments implying that there's more going on with Yusuke's mentor than just stealing art too.

She only starts using it once she's near death so as long as you pile on the damage fast at that point there's a chance you can take her out before she even gets the chance to use it.

Setsu00

So, does anyone else wonder when they're going to announce the DLC schedule? I'm specifically referring to Mementos missions involving previous characters and the dreaded swimsuit DLC. They only have one more month to go.

silva1991

She only starts using it once she's near death so as long as you pile on the damage fast at that point there's a chance you can take her out before she even gets the chance to use it.

Yeah that makes sense. my persona's were way over powered lol

I had the strongest fire/thunder/wind spells and I kept spamming them alongside with mind charge.

Zolo

I've mentioned before we still don't really know anything about Mishima's actual personal problems, so I'm guessing this has to do with that. A storyline about authorities ignoring bullying in the interest of the appearance of everything being fine seems like it could line up with that.

Yeah. People have been speculating it was kinda creepy when it looked like some of the portraits looked like Yusuke. If I remember right, a painting the party goes through also flips to the other side to reveal a naked man or something (not a clear view).

I would have actually died fighting her, but my protagonist was the only one standing with the 'enraged' status and he finished her off with the forced physical attack.

So, does anyone else wonder when they're going to announce the DLC schedule? I'm specifically referring to Mementos missions involving previous characters and the dreaded swimsuit DLC. They only have one more month to go.
hmmm, do they take the free money with swimsuit DLC, or just put them in game like the last time

Seems like there's a surprising amount of things left for them to cover considering how infrequent website updates have been. And the next event is the launch one during TGS. Maybe at some point in famitsu.

There's LE bonus DLC too, which will be released separately at some point, and the inevitable easy mode/grinding missions.

I like all the talk of
People getting lost when trying to find their way by train, although I was also a fan of SMT IV's map.

[SPOILER
I would have actually died fighting her, but my protagonist was the only one standing with the 'enraged' status and he finished her off with the forced physical attack.

Lol, reminds me of finishing her off with Mara (my best Persona then, the only one >80lvl)'s Primal Force (which looks like a white ray of light) + Body Charge.

I have an important question to ask: how are you guys going to name you P5 protagonist? It's my first time playing a Persona game at launch so I'm at a loss. I need a cool sounding Japanese name.

DNAbro

I have an important question to ask: how are you guys going to name you P5 protagonist? It's my first time playing a Persona game at launch so I'm at a loss. I need a cool sounding Japanese name.

I already decided I'm either naming him Subaru or Satoru cause I've been noticing those names in anime lately. Not sure about last name.

The costumes are probably already in the game like P3/P4G.
Kinda wonder how they are going to deal with the mask when they have the alternate costumes on.

DNAbro

Remember when all we knew about Persona 5 was this?

latest

I can't believe it comes out in about a month in Japan. Crazy journey from announcement to release. All the streams and concert along the way were fun.

I usually just use the class lists from the novel Battle Royale to make up a name. Just mix n' match to get a good character name:

Male First Names:
  • Yoshio
  • Keita
  • Tatsumichi
  • Toshinori
  • Shogo
  • Kazuo
  • Yoshitoki
  • Yoji
  • Hiroshi
  • Ryuhei
  • Hiroki
  • Yutaka
  • Yuichiro
  • Sho
  • Shuya
  • Kazushi
  • Mitsuru (I'm guessing this is unisex?)
  • Tadakatsu
  • Shinji
  • Kyoichi
  • Kazuhiko

Selection of Family Names:
  • Akamatsu
  • Iijima
  • Oki
  • Oda
  • Kawada
  • Kiriyama
  • Kuninobu
  • Kuramoto
  • Kuronaga
  • Sasagawa
  • Sugimura
  • Seto
  • Takiguchi
  • Tsukioka
  • Nanahara
  • Niida
  • Numai
  • Hatagami
  • Mimura
  • Motobuchi
  • Yamamoto

barybll

Banned

I need a canon name, I like to use canon names
But since its unlikely for p5mc to have a canon name till release I will just make up a nipponese name on the spot, Im good for this stuff

Setsu00

I need a canon name, I like to use canon names
But since its unlikely for p5mc to have a canon name till release I will just make up a nipponese name on the spot, Im good for this stuff

Actually, a manga adaption of P5 will start one week after the game's release in Japan. They can't dance around the issue in that one, so you may want to wait a week.

Actually, a manga adaption of P5 will start one week after the game's release in Japan. They can't dance around the issue in that one, so you may want to wait a week.
Well, if the game doesn't arrive within a week I'll know which name to use :D

Don't you have any predictions Setsu00? I believe in your powers.

_Ryo_

Have a bit of a theory

There are a lot of NPCs that don't really have much details
and then there are NPCs that do have details
Then there are the CO-OPs

Maybe the NPCs that have detail but are not CO-OPs are the people you are helping in Mementos as there has to be a reason they have more details, especially in their face than other NPCs?

I usually just use the class lists from the novel Battle Royale to make up a name. Just mix n' match to get a good character name:

I fucking love this. Thank you for sharing this. Holy shit. (Battle Royale is my favorite novel)

Waiting for a canon name myself since that's my preference. Otherwise I'll ring up some online friends to make up a japanese name (used Kuroki Tatsuya for P4G, for example)

Setsu00

Well, if the game doesn't arrive within a week I'll know which name to use :D

Don't you have any predictions Setsu00? I believe in your powers.

I pretty much exhausted my bullshitting powers after that release date prediction, but something like Kaito Kageyama would sound fitting. "Kaito" is nearly homophone with "Kaitou" ("Phantom thief"), while "Kageyama" literally means "shadow mountain" as an allusion to his actions during the night.

I've said it before but I'm going with Noritaka Atsuhiro (provided character limit allows me to)

Noritaka = respect for the law (ironic)
Atsuhiro = break free/escape

Top Bottom