• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

"Me going into a laughing fit at something funny, recovering, hitting the button, watching Yukiko go into a laughing fit, and me going into a second one" was a regular occurrence during my original playthrough of Persona 4. I woke up my parents one night because I was laughing too hard.

I did that too, with mutterings of "Yukiko, no" scattered in between

PK Gaming

She's the worst.

As the years have gone on, I've grown less and less fond of her.

It's gone from "Eh." to "Eurgh.".

I really don't see any redeeming qualities to her outside of her design. I even dislike her voice.

Dantis_kun.png

Yukiko's not bad, she's just easily the blandest of the P4 party members. Golden's added content pushing her "kooky" angle further than before made it seem like they realized this and were overcompensating a little.

wmlk

Yukiko's not bad, she's just easily the blandest of the P4 party members. Golden's added content pushing her "kooky" angle further than before made it seem like they realized this and were overcompensating a little.

I think that's what I appreciated the most. She's somewhat of an important/famous person for a small town with her having to inherit the inn when she gets older and to me that was interesting enough. I just found her little gimmick to be something that didn't really work well in the game, although normally it would be endearing.

arue

I'm at block 2 of P3P FeMC. Didn't realize for a bit that the normal battle theme was different. Wipe It All Out sounds DDRMAX-era video game rap. Does the music get any better later on?
If you're talking about battle theme in general, it stays the same for the whole game.
But if you're talking about the music in general, there will be new music after the summer vacation and new year. The music in January is 100% better imo.

Is someone talking shit about Wiping All Out?

I swear if they say anything bad about danger zone.....I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR MY ACTIONS.

I'm at block 2 of P3P FeMC. Didn't realize for a bit that the normal battle theme was different. Wipe It All Out sounds DDRMAX-era video game rap. Does the music get any better later on?

Tartarus bos music is pretty damn good

Also, the overall music changes (in school and when hanging out) are refreshing. Although i do prefer most of the original overworld and school themes, along with mass destruction

Just finished Persona 3... Pheeew took me a while. I started it last summer, got sidetracked and picked it up last month. I gave it my all to finish it before MGS hits and even though Tartarus sucks (hate it) I did it.

So here are a couple of thoughts from an old guy (closing in on 40).

I wish I've played this game when I was younger or at least when it came out. Target audience seem teen and 20+ I guess and although a few instances of storytelling really struck a point with me mostly it was things I already experienced and lived through. Still I loved it even though it had peculiar way of introducing things. Very slow in the beginning I almost dropped it a few times. Didn't understand what the fuss was all about.

But characters get fleshed out nicely and you really get into the mindset that you have a team.

Last few months are the best really. Didn't expect it to turn out so dark in the end but still. I got a good ending and will yt the bad one. ALso I didn't get all the S-Links as was expected even screwed up a few of them but still that is such a refreshing mechanic I was amazed how simple and how addictive it was.

I have a few questions though:

1. Is it explained who the Igor and Elizabeth are? I was expecting some explanation all the time. I saw him in some P4 screens as well so he seems regular :p

2. I find it strange how over night on Jan. 1. everyone started talking about
The End and some cult and stuff
. It was so sudden and really I never got over how out of place it was. I got that the pale fellow was behind it but over night you see posters and graffiti and such... Perhaps I missed something

3. I really hated Tartarus... Played on Normal and had to grind for a while in some instances. Is the P4G dungeon crawling any better? I'll play it on easy just to skip dungeoneering for so long. Hated that part.

4. How about The Answer? I'm pretty burned out now I feel, is the story a must (as P3P didn't include it) or can I skip it? I read somewhere that is battle heavy (hate that part) so I'm kinda eager to skip it. But if the story is good I'm in

4. How about The Answer? I'm pretty burned out now I feel, is the story a must (as P3P didn't include it) or can I skip it? I read somewhere that is battle heavy (hate that part) so I'm kinda eager to skip it. But if the story is good I'm in

It's canon and it expands upon the ending a lot, but it's also really tedious to play. YT it if you cba to grind more.

QuadOpto

1. Is it explained who the Igor and Elizabeth are? I was expecting some explanation all the time. I saw him in some P4 screens as well so he seems regular :p

. It was so sudden and really I never got over how out of place it was. I got that the pale fellow was behind it but over night you see posters and graffiti and such... Perhaps I missed something

3. I really hated Tartarus... Played on Normal and had to grind for a while in some instances. Is the P4G dungeon crawling any better? I'll play it on easy just to skip dungeoneering for so long. Hated that part.

1. Igor's a holdover character since Persona 1, basically something imbued with life by his 'master', Philemon (Who's basically considered to be the blue butterfly you see roaming). Philemon isn't really important to the current story past P2 IS & EP though. Elizabeth and her brother(Theodore who's a choose-able attendant in P3P and appears in PQ), as well as her older sister(Who you'll be meeting in P4), are all similar creations made with some relation to the current user of the Velvet Room.

2. Been a while since I've played P3 FES but I think from December onward it's sort of like the game is starting to tell you that the Fall stuff is getting serious. I mean obviously you know the Fall is coming, and the 'pale' guy pretty much leaks it out to the general public. Which obviously caused the aforementioned 'cult' and poster stuff.

3. I think it's pretty much agreeable that dungeons in P4 (especially P4G) are much more playable than 400-500 floors of Tartarus. You shouldn't need to go anything lower than Normal in terms of difficulty, P4G and the upgraded battle system makes the game so much more accessible to the point of making Easy akin to playing a visual novel.

4.The Answer....well, it's pretty much 100% dungeon crawl. Which you probably don't want. The story is a bit important in the whole grand scheme of the series, but it isn't really worth playing through it on your own if you're not really invested in the battle system (plus the fact you have no access to a Compendium, and usually have to grind). You're best bet is to just watch alll the scenes and stuff on Youtube, rather than play it yourself.

Hope that helps!

Yukiko was the least flanderized in PQ, so theres that. I really don't mind her at all, and like how she can add to a conversation really well in ways that surprise everyone

at least shes not yukari

Lunar15

I like Yukiko, but I think a lot of that is design and voice actor. I definitely don't think she's a bad character, and I definitely enjoyed her social link. It resonated with me personally.

Sophia

Yukiko was the least flanderized in PQ, so theres that. I really don't mind her at all, and like how she can add to a conversation really well in ways that surprise everyone

at least shes not yukari

Yukiko actually did get flanderized quite a bit in Persona Q, but it was in a good way like Aigis. They upped her snarkiness and sense of humor considerably.

It's not my fault Master of Tartarus is just so much better. <3

Someone gets it!

Jin and Takaya are behind this.
Jin even created an website dedicated to explain the Fall to people and Takaya
becomes some sort of a priest, so they basically started a cult.

If you talk to the random school kids, they will talk about this. And you'll get the sense of things getting spread throughout the city.

I always found it weird how neither SEES, nor the cops seemed interested in tracking them down. Are a shirtless guy with a revolver (in Japan, no less) and a guy in a neon bomb disposal jacket that hard to find???

Jin and Takaya are behind this. Jin even created an website dedicated to explain the Fall to people and Takaya
becomes some sort of a priest, so they basically started a cult.

If you talk to the random school kids, they will talk about this. And you'll get the sense of things getting spread throughout the city.

Oh almighty Hardin-Sama... Heed my prayer...

Will we be getting a limited edition Persona 5 PS4 bundle in the west? I would love that oh so much.
(Also more gruel would be nice.)

#InHardinWeTrust...

Weiss

Banned
Here's the current updated list.

#InHardinWeTrust

Dantis
Olengie
PK Gaming
Weiss
NichM
BRSxIgnition
QuadOpto
KenjiGlove
yuuki
Setsu00
ColossalLazy
TheMrPliskin
Zareka
Tamanon
Vox Chaotica
Ludger Kresnik
Kozmos
artsi
sakuori
StarSketch
Makio
MorningStar
_Ryo_
Zyrox
Dreamcast
MSMrRound
AtlusPrime
DNAbro
Sophia
Gooch: the Destroyer
Ultimate_Trainer
#TeamRuin

CorvoSol
properpropaganda
MudoSkills
DryEyeRelief
Yomidi
orthodoxy1095
Swedesu

The only thing P5's getting bundled with in the west is handcuffs and broken dreams.

Serious talk though, I'm holding off on buying a PS4 as long as possible just so that I can buy the Persona 5 Edition Bundle if it does end up existing.

Please exist.
Please exist.
Please exist.
Please exist.
Please exist.

JCX

If you're talking about battle theme in general, it stays the same for the whole game.
But if you're talking about the music in general, there will be new music after the summer vacation and new year. The music in January is 100% better imo.

That's good to hear

Is someone talking shit about Wiping All Out?

I swear if they say anything bad about danger zone.....I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR MY ACTIONS.

WAO should be a miniboss theme. It sounds too epic for normal encounters, but not epic enough for a boss. Mass Destruction is good b/c most battles end before the really awful linkin park-wave rap comes in.

It's tough coming from P4G, which has the best Normal Encounter/Boss/Final Boss theme combo since the original Pokemon games. Time to Make History is far better as a regular theme than Reach Out to the Truth. I'll Face Myself is the best boss theme ever. Does everything a boss theme needs to do.

Hatchtag

Banned
Serious talk though, I'm holding off on buying a PS4 as long as possible just so that I can buy the Persona 5 Edition Bundle if it does end up existing.

Please exist.
Please exist.
Please exist.
Please exist.
Please exist.

this is my strategy too
But if there's no bundle, maybe come out after Star Wars Battlefront so I can get that one.

The worst mistake I ever made in a Persona game was doing the FeMC route on a NG+ save, so I was killing all the bosses way too quickly and not getting to listen to Danger Zone.

PK Gaming

Yukiko actually did get flanderized quite a bit in Persona Q, but it was in a good way like Aigis. They upped her snarkiness and sense of humor considerably.

Amen to that. PQ Yukiko is legitimately my favorite incarnation of her. She's so goddamn hilarious.

It's not my fault Master of Tartarus is just so much better. <3

Yeah, i've always thought Master of Tartarus was terrific song. And when I say terrific, I really mean terrible, because good God that song is booty.

Listening to that song on loop is purgatory. Doesn't help that it plays during all of the crappiest bosses too.

CorvoSol

The best thing about Yukiko is still those moments where she shuts someone down in the bitchiest possible way. She gets one or two in Q that are stellar.

Someone gets it!

I always found it weird how neither SEES, nor the cops seemed interested in tracking them down. Are a shirtless guy with a revolver (in Japan, no less) and a guy in a neon bomb disposal jacket that hard to find???

The revolver is pretty much insane. lol

Here's the current updated list.

#InHardinWeTrust

Dantis
Olengie
PK Gaming
Weiss
NichM
BRSxIgnition
QuadOpto
KenjiGlove
yuuki
Setsu00
ColossalLazy
TheMrPliskin
Zareka
Tamanon
Vox Chaotica
Ludger Kresnik
Kozmos
artsi
sakuori
StarSketch
Makio
MorningStar
_Ryo_
Zyrox
Dreamcast
MSMrRound
AtlusPrime
DNAbro
Sophia
Gooch: the Destroyer

#TeamRuin

CorvoSol
properpropaganda
MudoSkills
DryEyeRelief
Yomidi
orthodoxy1095
Swedesu

So what's this about? I was absent for a long time. But I guess it's related to P5 release date?

So what's this about? I was absent for a long time. But I guess it's related to P5 release date?

#TeamRuin believes that Persona 5 will be delayed into 2016.

Team #InHardinWeTrust believes that Persona 5 will release in 2015, as Hardin and Atlus have said multiple times.

Some are betting their current avatar on it, some aren't.

Team #InHardinWeTrust believes that Persona 5 will release in 2015, as Hardin and Atlus have said multiple times.

It's keeping track of who believes Boss Hardin about P5 coming out in 2015 and who doesn't.

edit: And I've been ninja'd.

it's a bet whether or not P5 is coming 2015. I would have bet earlier but i was banned lol

Put me in #InHardinWeTrust. Everytime Atlus says 2015 I can sense the determination of a Persona user.

Wait, I thought everyone was betting their avatars. where's the fun if not everyone does it?

Darn party poopers.

I'm thinking of finally doing a max SL run in P4G after I finish my current "whatever" NG+. Since I always play this game so slowly (my current run started last year) maybe I'll finish it by the time P5 releases. :O

JCX

Is the outcome based on how many social links we max out before TGS? Somebody hang out with boring
Marie
so it can come out this year.

Top Bottom