• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Levito

Banned
So, PersonaGAF, we all know Persona(particularly Persona 2 and 4) was heavily influenced by Jungian psychology--right? Allow me to ramble for a bit:

In Jungian psychology:

The shadow or "shadow aspect" may refer to an unconscious aspect of the personality which the conscious ego does not identify in itself. Because one tends to reject or remain ignorant of the least desirable aspects of one's personality, the shadow is largely negative, or the entirety of the unconscious, i.e., everything of which a person is not fully conscious. There are, however, positive aspects which may also remain hidden in one's shadow (especially in people with low self-esteem). Contrary to a Freudian definition of shadow, therefore, the Jungian shadow can include everything outside the light of consciousness, and may be positive or negative. "Everyone carries a shadow," Jung wrote, "and the less it is embodied in the individual's conscious life, the blacker and denser it is." It may be (in part) one's link to more primitive animal instincts, which are superseded during early childhood by the conscious mind.

This all sounds pretty familar if you played P4, right? Well, it got me thinking, the song Forty Six & 2 by TOOL is all about this stuff too(Carl Jung that is).

LYRICS:

My shadow's

Shedding skin and
I've been picking
Scabs again.
I'm down
Digging through
My old muscles
Looking for a clue.

I've been crawling on my belly
Clearing out what could've been.
I've been wallowing in my own confused
And insecure delusions
For a piece to cross me over
Or a word to guide me in.
I wanna feel the changes coming down.
I wanna know what I've been hiding in

My shadow.
Change is coming through my shadow.
My shadow's shedding skin
I've been picking
My scabs again.

My shadow
Change is coming.
Now is my time.
Listen to my muscle memory.
Contemplate what I've been clinging to.
Forty-six and two ahead of me.

Despite the fact that this song was written many years before Persona was around, all this can mean only one thing:
TOOL ARE PERSONA FANS, TOOL IS ANIME. MAYNARD JAMES KEENAN SAID YUKIKO IS BEST GIRL.

wmlk

Also, The Babadook is a SMT spinoff because it deals with the subject of shadows and the persona.

You guys should watch it.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Also, The Babadook is a SMT spinoff because it deals with the subject of shadows and the persona.

You guys should watch it.
So is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure because everyone has Persona and people have Persona battles.
everyone go watch jojo.

Jachaos

Oh, the Blu-Ray for Persona Super Live 2015 is out today! Too bad I can't afford it right now but if anyone comes across a few songs online it would be appreciated.

Purdy

Just beat Persona 4 Golden
I just got the true ending but not the Golden part (so beat Izanami), I ignored Marie the entire thing so missed her dungeon. Can anyone explain to me the differences I would've seen at the end had I done her part?

sakuori

Just beat Persona 4 Golden
I just got the true ending but not the Golden part (so beat Izanami), I ignored Marie the entire thing so missed her dungeon. Can anyone explain to me the differences I would've seen at the end had I done her part?

A conversation with Marie at the end of the Izanami fight explaining stuff. Game would skip to Yu going back to Inaba for the next summer vacation. I think there's a reference for the Arena games in the dialogue but nothing too spoilery if you haven't played those. Everyone pretty much changed in appearance.

Purdy

A conversation with Marie at the end of the Izanami fight explaining stuff. Game would skip to Yu going back to Inaba for the next summer vacation. I think there's a reference for the Arena games in the dialogue but nothing too spoilery if you haven't played those. Everyone pretty much changed in appearance.

Thanks I'll just watch it on youtube then, fantastic game although I took major breaks during it was well worth the 60 hours :)

Weiss

Banned
The only thing holding me back from thinking Anne/Anzu is Finnish is mostly because Japanese fiction mostly goes with America/England/Germany when it wants to have a foreign character. I think there's only been Lisa and the occasional comic relief foreigner in the franchise.

PK Gaming

So, PersonaGAF, we all know Persona(particularly Persona 2 and 4) was heavily influenced by Jungian psychology--right? Allow me to ramble for a bit:

In Jungian psychology:

This all sounds pretty familar if you played P4, right? Well, it got me thinking, the song Forty Six & 2 by TOOL is all about this stuff too(Carl Jung that is).

LYRICS:

Despite the fact that this song was written many years before Persona was around, all this can mean only one thing:
TOOL ARE PERSONA FANS, TOOL IS ANIME. MAYNARD JAMES KEENAN SAID YUKIKO IS BEST GIRL.

First JoJo now Tool. Is there a series Persona won't plagiarize?

Setsu00

I'd like a German character, but I doubt that this will ever happen.

The only thing holding me back from thinking Anne/Anzu is Finnish is mostly because Japanese fiction mostly goes with America/England/Germany when it wants to have a foreign character. I think there's only been Lisa and the occasional comic relief foreigner in the franchise.

Bebe was French, but quite the stereotype.

PK Gaming

I'd like a...........................................

Forget it

NEVERMIND

200.gif

VegiHam

I wouldn't, they'd fuck up the voice.

There's only 2 English accents in video games, Posh and Cockney.

Unfortunately, this. Everyone is either Queen Victoria or a chimney sweep. Maybe Scottish. The Midlands and the North barely exist at all. And Wales? Forget about it.

I liked the British voices in Xenoblade, which were produced in Britain, cus some characters actually sounded like regular people and not vocal caricatures.

wmlk

I think it'd be cool if she came from a less stereotypically used caucasian background. Just to see how Atlus would tackle that kind of character.

What do you have to do to get that scene? Just do her dungeon/s.link?

Unfortunately, this. Everyone is either Queen Victoria or a chimney sweep. Maybe Scottish. The Midlands and the North barely exist at all. And Wales? Forget about it.

I liked the British voices in Xenoblade, which were produced in Britain, cus some characters actually sounded like regular people and not vocal caricatures.
Ugh. Tell me about it ;___;

Ugh. Tell me about it ;___;

Pretty much the only Welsh voice acting I know of is in Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition.
But a Welsh character in a JRPG? I'd expect that as much as a Canadian character.

I see what you did there. ;)

So did I, after I posted it. :/

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood has a Welsh guy in it, and he's great.

God damn it, hes right. Where's my Barnsley, Plymouth or Newcastle accents voice actors?

Cool.

There's also Yorkshire and Derbyshire, as far as I know.

Pretty much the only Welsh voice acting I know of is in Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood has a Welsh guy in it, and he's great.

I'd expect that as much as a Canadian character.

You should play Etrian Odyssey Untold. Erin Fitzgerald puts on the Canadian SUPER HARD in that, maple syrup and everything!

False, there's 4.

Good Guy Posh
Bad Guy Posh
Cockney
Faked by Americans

God damn it, hes right. Where's my Barnsley, Plymouth or Newcastle accents voice actors?

You should play Etrian Odyssey Untold. Erin Fitzgerald puts on the Canadian SUPER HARD in that, maple syrup and everything!

I was thinking more along the lines of a character from Canada...
Then again, I can't make out a Canadian accent, since I'm from the west coast. :/

Did nobody play Ni No Kuni? Mr Drippy is very Welsh. Tidy.

*sigh* Another casualty of the backlog black hole.

I was thinking more along the lines of a character from Canada...
Then again, I can't make out a Canadian accent, since I'm from the west coast. :/

Oh, believe me, she's basically from Canada. Or EO's version of Canada.

I'm talking Maple Syrup, Mooses, Aboot, Eh's and general Canadian-ness all over the place!

Top Bottom