• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Dantis

Yukiko actually did get flanderized quite a bit in Persona Q, but it was in a good way like Aigis. They upped her snarkiness and sense of humor considerably.

PQ's writing is great, but it wouldn't fit normal Persona.

It's like the zany Saturday morning Persona spinoff.

Sophia

Speak for yourself. I find the writing in Persona Q to be perfectly fitting with some of Persona's more slice of life moments. Especially Persona 4. :p

FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT PERSONA 3 HAD DIALOGUE WITH JUNPEI WISHING A HURRICANE WOULD BLOW A STAND INTO A SHADOW.

Knowing Yu Namba as I do, I can't see #TeamRuin as being anything but a sucker's bet.

Considering how little I know about Yu Namba, I have tremendous respect for the man. I bet it'd be interesting to talk to him about leading a localization project like Persona.

Also, a bit late to the bet, but I'm with #InHardinWeTrust.

Dantis

Speak for yourself. I find the writing in Persona Q to be perfectly fitting with some of Persona's more slice of life moments. Especially Persona 4. :p

FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT PERSONA 3 HAD DIALOGUE WITH JUNPEI WISHING A HURRICANE WOULD BLOW A STAND INTO A SHADOW.

But really it's not even close.

PK Gaming

Yeah, Persona 3 and Persona 4 (typically) lean more towards realism in terms of how characters speak, act and interact with each other. There's a lot more levity and lighthearted banter in Persona Q as opposed to how the characters would ordinarily act like in their respective games, and that's fine. Unlike the arena games which tried (and failed) to mimic the tone of the previous games, Persona Q takes on a completely different approach and it totally works in its favor.

maxresdefault.jpg

Sophia

But really it's not even close.

Not even nearly as close as

• Being able to take a dog to the movie theater
  • Junpei talking about a hurricane attacking a shadow
  • The King's Game scene
  • Elly going into a daze and talking about being an angelic protector
  • Mara bursting out of someone's gut.
  • Almost everything Ayase does in Persona 1
  • Almost everything that happens at Yakushima in Persona 3
  • Eating Yukiko's fried tofu ramen.
  • Aigis asking why a dog cannot attend school
?

Lets face it, Dantis. Persona was always secretly a Saturday morning cartoon! The serious moments are just the two part specials and or Direct-To-DVD movie. :p

Dantis

Yeah, Persona 3 and Persona 4 (typically) lean more towards realism in terms of how characters speak, act and interact with each other. There's a lot more levity and lighthearted banter in Persona Q as opposed to how the characters would ordinarily act like in their respective games, and that's fine. Unlike the arena games which tried (and failed) to mimic the tone of the previous games, Persona Q takes on a completely different approach and it totally works in its favor.

Yep. Agree completely.

FluxWaveZ

Lets face it, Dantis. Persona was always secretly a Saturday morning cartoon! The serious moments are just the two part specials and or Direct-To-DVD movie. :p

I'm with Dantis and PK. I don't think the tone of the interactions in Persona Q are often alike or even try to be very similar to those in Persona 3 or Persona 4.

3. I think it's pretty much agreeable that dungeons in P4 (especially P4G) are much more playable than 400-500 floors of Tartarus.

I'll take Tartarus over P4 dungeons by quite a large margin

Mass Destruction is good b/c most battles end before the really awful linkin park-wave rap comes in.

That's the best part IMO :|

My favorite part of all of the versions of Mass Destruction https://youtu.be/kKoqISOeBpI?t=185

I don't get that vibe at all. It feels like it fits in with persona (mind you i have only beat dungeons 1-3 so far)

Sophia

I'm with Dantis and PK. I don't think the tone of the interactions in Persona Q are often alike or even try to be very similar to those in Persona 3 or Persona 4.

I am being slightly facetious to poke fun at Dantis. It is true that Persona Q does have a lot more laid back moments, at least prior to the 4th stratum. :p

The writing style isn't too different tho. The comedic moments in PQ are pretty similar to the slice of life/comedy moments in the main games. They're just far more numerous and thus give the game a different tone.

Major PQ Spoilers:
And honestly once you get past the 4th stratum, it becomes one of the most depressing Persona games, so there's that...

Don't they kick you out before the actual movie, or did you just mean taking him?

Also, PQ has a major advantage over P3 and P4 by not having a hot spring misunderstanding scene.

Yeah you get kicked out. It's still hilarious that it even lets you. :D

FluxWaveZ

Also, I was watching some P4DAN videos, and has anyone else notice boob jiggle. I noticef in on Kanami, and slightly on Rise and Elizabeth. New gaming features or Japan being Japan.

Elizabeth...

Anyways, I'm pretty sure that tends to happen while dancing. If they cared so much about being salacious, the female characters wouldn't have a giant void where their undergarments should be and Wada wouldn't be laughing about how they didn't want the players trying to get upskirt shots like that.

For reals. I know there's probably a good chance I'll lose, buy imma still go through with it. :D

Also, I was watching some P4DAN videos, and has anyone else notice boob jiggle. I noticef in on Kanami, and slightly on Rise and Elizabeth. New gaming features or Japan being Japan.

Are you even slightly surprised that a game built on a foundation on top of a foundation of fanservice has that?

I've been getting more out of P4D watching videos where they swap the music.

Squire

Banned

This is a pretty excellent argument to sell someone on the game at all (assuming they played P3/4.)

MSMrRound

I guess it's time for people to pin their hopes on September 15th.

Yup. Planning to take my leave from work already. So what's everyone expecting? I rubbished last year's PS4 port announcement, so I was quite surprised. I'm ready this year though.

What we expect:

-Release date
-Same day release date
-PS4 bundle
-PV3
-Full opening song

What we probably will get:

Persona Stalker Club hosts attempting to dissect PV2 during live TGS stage show

So what's everyone expecting?
Absolutely nothing.

With some of the past big shows this year I've let myself get excited and the shows actually generally lived up to my own hype. But with this? I refuse to allow my expectations to grow so that I could possibly end up disappointed.

Elizabeth...

Anyways, I'm pretty sure that tends to happen while dancing. If they cared so much about being salacious, the female characters wouldn't have a giant void where their undergarments should be and Wada wouldn't be laughing about how they didn't want the players trying to get upskirt shots like that.

I know it she going to make it into the game hahaha.

tumblr_njn5w87e2q1qj3nlko1_400.gif

Ah fuck....Margaret. My bad.

My thing though was that since the camera and character moves fast and the fact you are going to be focusing more on the notes than the background, was boob jiggle necessary to animate? Not so much as DoA boob jiggle for the sake of boob jiggle.

Dantis

Elizabeth...

I guess now is the awkward moment when I say that I noticed that up skirt shots are in P4D.
Also, boob jiggle is on everyone, and is kind of weird because they made all the ladies very flat chested.

I guess now is the awkward moment when I say that I noticed that up skirt shots are in P4D.
Also, boob jiggle is on everyone, and is kind of weird because they made all the ladies very flat chested.

None of them had big boobs to begin with. Naoto is debatable, but she's pretty consistent with what little we saw of her chest in P4.

Xenoflare

PQ's zaniness is all fine by me because that game let me to use Shinjiro
like an actual party member that doesn't die 2 hours after joining my cast

Also finally Fuuka doesn't sound so constipated

I played P3P undubbed at first and I just could not stand OG English Fuuka

Ah.

Well, that chunk of mid-September is going to make or break us.

#InHardinWeTrust

EDIT: Isn't there a Persona concert or something going on at that time? Could you imagine if there was a straight week with new P5 footage?

I wouldn't count on it. The concert is a lot like Persona Music Box 2014, in that it's just Lotus Juice, Shihoko Hirata, Yumi Kawamura, and DJ WAKA. Without Meguro there, I doubt it's anything more than just a regular concert tour.

Speaking of concerts...

It's time. The Blu-Ray and CD should ship out later today, and once it's in my hands I'll give my impressions of it in comparison to the actual concert.

Please look forward to it.

Make sure to post impressions, unfortunately I wasn't able to afford it on release day this time, really sucks, first time I'm missing out on PML dvd.
Just rewatched the videos from the stream and it's a shame that Shihoko was struggling with throat issues, it's really noticeable.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Going back a few posts, just wanted to clarify the avatar bet.

Flux stirred the waters and I said I was willing to bet that P5 wouldn't launch in NA during 2015, KenjiGlove took me up on it and other people joined in after first blood was drawn.

Believers win if P5 gets a NA release date on or before 31st December 2015, Team Ruin wins the bet when the inevitable delay is officially announced. Losing side has to wear a punishment avatar for a month after the date is confirmed.

Nothing has been decided on what losing avatars will be - people were posting some ideas a few pages back.

My contribution was Kenji in a dunce hat. If Team Ruin win I could make a bunch of Persona characters with dunce hats on, and people can take their pick as to which on they have to wear.

Top Bottom