• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Not a fan of the name Anzu, so I'm hoping it's Anne or another name entirely. But it's just a name so it's whatever.

I really want to hear more of P5's music, and I wanna know if the music in the 2nd trailer is battle or boss music. I feel like it would go with either of those pretty well in the game.

Lusankya

Not a fan of the name Anzu, so I'm hoping it's Anne or another name entirely. But it's just a name so it's whatever.

PV02 spoilers(?) I really want to hear more of P5's music, and I wanna know if the music in the 2nd trailer is battle or boss music. I feel like it would go with either of those pretty well in the game.

I don't think you need to spoiler tag this, after all it's just normal that P5 would feature a battle or boss theme.

It sounds like a regular battle theme to me as it lacks the "grandness" of a boss battle theme. For a normal battle theme it would be pretty awesome, I really like the style. I wonder if they use different battle themes, like they did in P4G, depending on whether or not you got the advantage.

DNAbro

It's been confirmed to be a snippet of the battle theme. (Likely instrumental like what we've heard of the opening.)

i don't see how it was confirmed since atlus hasn't acknowledged the existence of the trailer yet. Unless I missed something of course. I do think it was the battle theme though.

I really want to hear more of P5's music, and I wanna know if the music in the 2nd trailer is battle or boss music. I feel like it would go with either of those pretty well in the game.

I don't think that's correct.

I apologize for my misinformation.

The rumor that it is a battle theme is just that, a rumor.

Makio

I can't wait to hear how these themes sound with vocals

Looking forward to the engrish lyrics , mostly from the PV 01 theme which i think was confirmed as the opening theme by Meguro if i remember right.

And of course how well the singer voice is this time (implying is someone else beside Lotus Juice , Shihoko Hirata or Yumi Kawamura).

Looking forward to the engrish lyrics , mostly from the PV 01 theme which i think was confirmed as the opening theme by Meguro if i remember right.

And of course how well the singer voice is this time (implying is someone else beside Lotus Juice , Shihoko Hirata or Yumi Kawamura).

There's likely going to be a new main singer, I'm hoping for a woman with a deeper voice this time, to fit the more exotic and mature themes of thievery.

I think this because Shihoko Hirata was the main singer for ALL of P4's songs, and Yumi Kawamura was the main singer for ALL P3 related songs. (Other than the P3P OP)

Also, yes - the PV#01 theme has been confirmed to be "Take Your Heart (Instrumental)" (unconfirmed name), Persona 5's opening song by Famitsu a while back.

Uh... what?

There is no confirmation on the name - I have edited the original post to include that, and apologize for any misinformation.

The rumor stems from the fact that "Take your Heart" has appeared multiple times on promotional images and logos for the game. (See Below)

x3k9uNG.jpg

Sophia

There's likely going to be a new main singer, I'm hoping for a woman with a deeper voice this time, to fit the more exotic and mature themes of thievery.

I think this because Shihoko Hirata was the main singer for ALL of P4's songs, and Yumi Kawamura was the main singer for ALL P3 related songs. (Other than the P3P OP)

Also, yes - the PV#01 theme has been confirmed to be "Take Your Heart (Instrumental)" (unconfirmed name), Persona 5's opening song by Famitsu a while back.

There's no confirmation on the actual name, but based on the Persona Opening Theme trends, with Persona 3 having "Burn your Dread" and Persona 4 having "Pursuing my True Self", "Take Your Heart" seems to be the logical conclusion for Persona 5, considering it's already part of the "Phantom" logo.

Erm... talk about backpeddling on misinformation.

Erm... talk about backpeddling on misinformation.

It says in both of those quoted posts that the actual NAME is not confirmed.

It HAS however been confirmed by Famitsu to be the opening theme.

Thanks for the tone though.

He's already said on his facebook page that he's not a part of P5.

I had never heard that.

Then again, they seem to be changing the formula quite a bit compared to P3->P4, so I guess it's to be expected.

I do kind of want that to be the actual name, because it's pretty catchy. But yeah, it hasn't been confirmed at all, lol. :p

I apologize for the misinformation and have edited the related posts (including this one) to reflect that most of the information is based on rumors.

The Theme in PV#01 is confirmed by Famitsu to be the battle theme for Persona 5 - any more than this is speculation and rumor.

Again: The name is speculation, the fact that it's the opening theme is not.

Sophia

Check the post again,

In both of my posts I SPECIFICALLY say

Please don't rush to put people down for things they didn't get wrong.

The name is speculation, the fact that it's the opening theme is not.

You need to word your posts better. You worded it in a way that made it sound like "Take your Heart" was the name of the song initially ,even thought it was just your conjecture. The additional edits to your posts as I'm trying to reply to them made it only more confusing.

I edited them to make them more clear - it's not my problem that you were quoting them as I did that. (Seems it was afterwards actually, since the post you quoted includes my clarification.)

Point is, it's clarified now. If you have any other issues with me send me a private message.

Makio

Well besides the unofficial title "Take Your Heart" , here is a silly theory i have since the PV 02 drops.

The phrases "Never Give in" or "Are they on the road of glory ..." are lyrics from the theme , that scenes most likely looks like from the opening of the game

I mean can be like the intro Persona 4 which featured lyrics of the theme meanwhile present characthers ... or can be like in the Persona 3 intro which have phrases like "Memento Mori" and others but is not from the actual theme.

But i have this feeling with "Never Give In" part , since they put much emphasis (painted all over the place in the trailer) can be the new "Baby baby baby".

Cant wait for actual music with vocals , is the most thing i most looking forward , more from the PV02 theme , that shit is great.

FluxWaveZ

I edited them to make them more clear - it's not my problem that you were quoting them as I did that. (Seems it was afterwards actually, since the post you quoted includes my clarification.)

Point is, it's clarified now. If you have any other issues with me send me a private message.

You're rewriting history; I saw your posts—including the reply to Sophia—before the edits. It's better to not claim something has been confirmed when it hasn't been.

JCX

So is there any big speculation on P5's plot or gmeplay changes? In my thirst for any news, I've watched a few P5 trailer analyses, looks like there are some interesting theories floating around.

You're rewriting history; I saw your posts—including the reply to Sophia—before the edits. It's better to not claim something has been confirmed when it hasn't been.

I apologize for my wording and lack of clarity, and have gone back to edit all related posts. (Including this one)

There's no reason to continue to chastise me for an honest mistake, please stop doing so.

Sophia

I took it to PM anyhow, but yeah it was rather confusing when the posts were completely changing on me as I'm trying to reply to them. ;_;

Well besides the unofficial title "Take Your Heart" , here is a silly theory i have since the PV 02 drops.

The phrases "Never Give in" or "Are they on the road of glory ..." are lyrics from the theme , that scenes most likely looks like from the opening of the game

I mean can be like the intro Persona 4 which featured lyrics of the theme meanwhile present characthers ... or can be like in the Persona 3 intro which have phrases like "Memento Mori" and others but is not from the actual theme.

But i have this feeling with "Never Give In" part , since they put much emphasis (painted all over the place in the trailer) can be the new "Baby baby baby".

Cant wait for actual music with vocals , is the most thing i most looking forward , more from the PV02 theme , that shit is great.

I was thinking about that. Having listened to it an insane amount of times, I can't quite see where those two phrases would fit in with the second PV theme. But I could definitely see it being a part of the opening song. You can hear in the track where the instrumental portion kicks in, and it seems like "Never give in" would either fit as part of the chorus or on the bridge right before the chorus.

I've been thinking along that line ever since I saw it painted over and over again on the walls in that scene.

Not so sure about the "Road of Glory" part though, but since it's in the OP sequence, it would make sense to assume it's a lyric in the song.

I just really want to hear/see the full thing asap.

Dantis

I don't think Take Your Heart or Never, never, never give in will be featured in the OST, either as a lyric or a song title. There's no precedent set that would suggest that they would be.

Hatchtag

Banned
So is there any big speculation on P5's plot or gmeplay changes? In my thirst for any news, I've watched a few P5 trailer analyses, looks like there are some interesting theories floating around.

I think that splitting up in dungeons could be a much bigger feature this time thanks to the heist theme. Footage of the protagonist alone in what looks like some dungeons kinda supports this. Just speculation though, nothing else to really support it.

I don't think Take Your Heart or Never, never, never give in will be featured in the OST, either as a lyric or a song title. There's no precedent set that would suggest that they would be.

.... Er... There are at least two though?

1. The image from the official reveal stream I've posted above has the tagline "Take your Heart."
  2. The phrases "Never give in" and "Never give up" show up in the Persona 5 OP multiple times. (Much like past Persona OP's where phrases from the lyrics can be seen.)

Sophia

1. The image from the official reveal stream I've posted above has the tagline "Take your Heart."
  2. The phrases "Never give in" and "Never give up" show up in the Persona 5 OP multiple times. (Much like past Persona OP's where phrases from the lyrics can be seen.)

I think he means precedent in regards to the rest of the series. Although I'd argue against that given that the motif of truth was found all throughout Persona 4's soundtrack. Also, they've been bucking precedent in regards to Persona 5 anyhow as Flux will no doubt remind us of. >_>;

Dantis

Yes, because those two phrases are heavily linked with the themes of the game.

There's no indication whatsoever that they have anything to do with the OST.

I think he means precedent in regards to the rest of the series.

Correct.

I think he means precedent in regards to the rest of the series. Although I'd argue against that given that the motif of truth was found all throughout Persona 4's soundtrack. Also, they've been bucking precedent in regards to Persona 5 anyhow as Flux will no doubt remind us of. >_>;

Yes, because those two phrases are heavily linked with the themes of the game.

There's no indication whatsoever that they have anything to do with the OST.

Well at the very least, the "Never Give In" bit has the - however slight - indication that it may be referenced in or be part of the Opening Song, just by being part of the opening animation.

Also, if we're going that far, "Take Your Heart" works well as a theme song title, and works even better with the themes of Theivery and Psychology, in my opinion.

Weiss

Banned

Gameplay's probably still going to be the same as the old ones, with elemental weaknesses and all out attacks. The only noticeable difference we've seen so far is the inclusion of guns.

I assume they're mostly ditching the overhead dungeon crawling from 3 and 4, since there seems to be a lot more dynamic action and platforming in the areas, and given the nature of the heists, I'm guessing they're going to back to the P3 style of dungeons you tackle on set days.

As for me, my personal theory is that the protagonists are trying to save people from a large corporation who's artificially removing peoples' Personae. Said corporation is large and untouchable, ergo the protagonists have to dress in costumes and act in public to defeat them/

I wonder if this teaser trailer from last year is still relevant to the finished product.

From what we (kinda) know now, it looks like (not sure of P5 discussion rules so spoilers in case)
Protag is arriving in Tokyo for the first time, and he sees someone summoning a Persona in the distance, which stops time for non persona users?

No idea what it could mean.

Kozmos

I wonder if this teaser trailer from last year is still relevant to the finished product.

From what we (kinda) know now, it looks like (not sure of P5 discussion rules so spoilers in case)
Protag is arriving in Tokyo for the first time, and he sees someone summoning a Persona in the distance, which stops time for non persona users?

Almost all of that teaser appeared in the new PV02 trailer, so I imagine it's still relevant!

I don't see why it wouldn't be, it's not like this is Final Fantasy XV :p

There's not really any indication that it's his first visit, could just be a regular commute. Alternatively, the train scene could be a different part of the game to the later scene.
We've seen a few indications of supernatural activity impacting the real world, there's the train driver and what looks like an exploding truck in the PV's too.

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuKDxI8B7fk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG-AFgCoeEM
Nanako and Margaret P4D trailers.

Yo Persona GAF I need your help

I'm trying to show my buddy a trailer ideally for one of the Persona animes but a game trailer is fine too so that he can understand why I'm planning to buy a PS4 to play Persona 5 if/when it comes out this year. I've sent him the big p5 unveil trailer that came out earlier this year and the Persona 3 film 1 trailer, but despite telling him the big reason why he's not hyped for P5 is because he didn't play/see P4 I can't find a single good trailer for P4 game or anime that doesn't assume the audience has some knowledge of what Persona is.

Yo Persona GAF I need your help

Don't think I can help you. I was offered by a friend to play P3 or P4 and I went with "the not-gloomy one".
I just loved it going in blind.
The closest thing to a trailer I got was the hiimdaisy comic dubbed on youtube after playing for an hour.

I think Marisha Ray improved a lot since Ultimax, her voice work here flows much better and sounds really good. The sensuality Margaret has is finally here, she sounded so wooden and stiff in Ultimax.

She totally won me over by the time I finished Q.

Xenoflare

I don't see why it wouldn't be, it's not like this is Final Fantasy XV :p

There's not really any indication that it's his first visit, could just be a regular commute. Alternatively, the train scene could be a different part of the game to the later scene.
We've seen a few indications of supernatural activity impacting the real world, there's the train driver and what looks like an exploding truck in the PV's too.

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuKDxI8B7fk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG-AFgCoeEM
Nanako and Margaret P4D trailers.

I think Marisha Ray improved a lot since Ultimax, her voice work here flows much better and sounds really good. The sensuality Margaret has is finally here, she sounded so wooden and stiff in Ultimax.

Top Bottom