• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Makio

That is the same Marisha Ray of Ultimax ... holy damn she improved a lot , for a moment i think they got back the original VA.

(I dont play Persona Q so the only impression i have of her was Ultimax) but this sounds great like the original one.

Makio

It saddens me that they rec
asted all of the persona 4 characters. Hopefully this wont with P5.

After all these years , i really impressed they are characters with their original voices actually.

But in reality how dubs works i see a couple of recasts in the future , since i see Atlus making a lot of spinoff of his new milking cow Persona 5
if dont suck

Xenoflare

Yu, Yosuke, and Yukiko have all been consistent with their VA. Y is that?

It actually surprises me that the entire cast was not all changed, but it's close anyways. Both JYB and Yuri Lowenthal are rather busy people but I guess since both doesn't voice western games as much as say, Troy Baker and Laura Bailey, so their timetables would still work out.

Amanda Winn Lee seems like that she's not that keen on being into new roles since I recall her S.Link FM episode mentioning that she's not as active as she was before because of her kid's health problems and she didn't bother to pick up too many roles thus she would have the time.

Her S.link FM episode was fantastic, though it was awkward for me to listen in the beginning because the host assumed her son died but he didn't. IIRC she had to clarify it twice.

It saddens me that they recasted all of the persona 4 characters. Hopefully this wont with P5.

This is hard to say, VA in the west is very different from Japan, it's very, very common for voice actor changes between installments.

Amanda Winn Lee seems like that she's not that keen on being into new roles since I recall her S.Link FM episode mentioning that she's not as active as she was before because of her kid's health problems and she didn't bother to pick up too many roles thus she would have the time.

Her S.link FM episode was fantastic, though it was awkward for me to listen in the beginning because the host assumed her son died but he didn't. IIRC she had to clarify it twice.

iirc, she did voice some of the pedestrians in the last two Saints Row games (something I imagine isn't too hard on the schedule).

And jeez, I don't remember that part.

Makio

Actually if i have to choose someone to the main cast to replace and i dont mind if happens is Johhny Yong Bosch as Adachi or Narukami.

Most generic voice from all of them (with old Chie) , i think the is one of the easy ones to replace since his voice is not that unique like others (Bailey's Rise ,Baker 's Kanji or original Naoto for example)

Same thing with Teddie , i actually dont notice the change from the P4 VA to the Sam Riegel one...

PD: Mercer Kanji fool me in the Animation too...

Jintor

Mercer kinda sucked for the first eps of the animation, clear difference. He was really getting it by halfway through Q tho

Meia

Yo Persona GAF I need your help

I'm trying to show my buddy a trailer ideally for one of the Persona animes but a game trailer is fine too so that he can understand why I'm planning to buy a PS4 to play Persona 5 if/when it comes out this year. I've sent him the big p5 unveil trailer that came out earlier this year and the Persona 3 film 1 trailer, but despite telling him the big reason why he's not hyped for P5 is because he didn't play/see P4 I can't find a single good trailer for P4 game or anime that doesn't assume the audience has some knowledge of what Persona is.

Your best bet in this situation(as I've also turned other people onto the series that had no idea about it's existence) is video reviews for Persona 4, and in this case I usually use Gametrailers one. Linking an anime trailer or something isn't going to do much to show why you're actually buying a system for a GAME. :p

PK Gaming

CNa_oxsVAAAGpvs.jpg

Yes

You don't need to know why

Because

Source

Is it possible to rip art and movies from a goddamn Pachinko Machine?

I know nobody in here cares about pachinko, because why would we? But still, that artwork looks FANTASTIC!

It looks like they put more effort into making this look good than they did in 2 fucking anime adaptations!!

Setsu00

Is it possible to rip art and movies from a goddamn Pachinko Machine?

I know nobody in here cares about pachinko, because why would we? But still, that artwork looks FANTASTIC!

It looks like they put more effort into making this look good than they did in 2 fucking anime adaptations!!

Aren't the video clips taken directly from the two P4 anime adaptions?

wmlk

Mercer kinda sucked for the first eps of the animation, clear difference. He was really getting it by halfway through Q tho

It was a huge downer in The Animation tbh. Troy Baker was amazing for his episodes and I thought he had some of the funniest moments in the show. I just didn't like hearing Kanji after that.

Crimson, is it possible that you have the Ultimate ability to jinx what might occur in the future by saying something aloud?

Bummed that there's no #FE interview translation yet this time. Don't want to have to do it myself...

Well I did also say that Siliconera would do a translation for those interviews elsewhere, so if that jinxed it, then it's seeming likely.

I did have a skim through them with google earlier, but there were too many things that I was unclear on.

Been gone for a week, no P5 news right?

The Super Live DVD released with a third edit of the Persona 5 PV 1 reveal. That count?

Makio

If you can make it from February 5 to June 25, then I'm sure you can make it to TGS. Less than 3 weeks left!

And almost 3 months left , since the game still coming in 2015... so in the worst scenario the game release in December 31st.

And yeah the silence from Feb 5th to June was killer , at least now we have "Dancing All Night" released to played meanwhile we wait.

Remember when we had a twitter list going? Oops. I haven't mentioned or updated it in FOR-EV-ER. Been sorta busy lately.

I dunno how useful it actually is, but I figured I'd let y'all decide. Should be a good way for newbies to congregate on twitter together. Feel free to shoot me a tweet or DM if you want in.

cj_iwakura

Eirikr did a fantastic write-up that's probably the clearest breakdown of the path from P1/P2 to P3/P4 I've ever seen, including the changing of the guard.

http://eirikrjs.blogspot.com/2015/08/smt-identity-crisis-pt2.html

Obviously, Personas 3 and 4 didn't happen overnight. Their legacy begins with the fact that Shin Megami Tensei's concepts are malleable and easily suited to any number of scenarios. The creative leads responsible for molding SMT into its new form were Atlus cornerstone and producer/director Cozy Okada, writer Tadashi Satomi, and, of course, artist Kazuma Kaneko. Their talents lead to the creation of the PlayStation's Persona and the Persona 2 duology of Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment.

For Atlus, the three years after Okada’s departure would turn out to be a transitional period. 2004 would see the SMT mainline series' first international release when SMTIII was released in North America in October of that year, under the name Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. 2004 would also see another major release in Japan, the Tadashi Satomi-penned Digital Devil Saga duology, with its second half releasing in 2005; both would be released in North America in 2005, the beginning of a consistent trend for Atlus USA's localization process. However, even though Digital Devil Saga was the most Final Fantasy-like Megami Tensei product yet, evident in its colorful cast and straightforward character-based progression trees, its sales disappointed. Year-end sales in Japan for 2004 peg Digital Devil Saga at a modest 153,421 [10]; only 90,812 [12] returned for Digital Devil Saga 2 in 2005. The 2006 revival of the Devil Summoner series, Raidou Kuzunoha vs. the Soulless Army, only managed 91,008. [13]

Amid these lagging sales, 2006 also saw the Japanese release of Persona 3, a game that remixed ideas and assets from Nocturne and previous Persona titles to different aims, under the auspices of the younger Atlus staff. Names like director Katsura Hashino, designer Shigenori Soejima, and composer Shoji Meguro would be the new creative leads. The members of the "old guard" like Tadashi Satomi would disappear into the ether that claimed Cozy Okada, while Kaneko himself elected not to have direct involvement in this new project:

Kaneko: I wanted to let the newer, younger staff grow and gain experience. I tried not to, you know, push my own view or anything on Persona. That's because there's the sort of fan that likes the dark, colder atmosphere of the core [Shin Megami Tensei] series--

Persona's a lot lighter.

Kaneko: Yes, exactly. And that's where I want Persona to be...for a wider audience to appreciate Megami Tensei. It's like a separate branch. I'd like to make it more distinguished by having someone other than myself working on it. [14]

Nachos

Speaking of Yuri Lowenthal, I;m playing through P3 right now for the first time and everytime I hear Makoto speak, all I hear is Yosuke.
I hear more Sasuke from Naruto in his P3 performance
All I hear is Yosuke after he's downed fifty pounds of elephant tranquilizer. He just sounds too lethargic to me. Yosuke, on the other hand, now sounds like he's constantly on the tailend of sucking in a bunch of helium.

Yomidi

So (P4G spoilers)
I beat Adachi and I guess I finished the main story. The final boss was pretty great( and the final boss music was great). I admit that I didn't like Adachi as a villain that much, the twist was great but I expected more as a villain from him.I guess now there are some post-main story things like the ski trip and i can complete the S.Links that are left.
Oh, and Marie left. Does that mean she's gone forever? I didn't like Marie that much so i didn't make much progress with her S.Link.

Jintor

So (P4G spoilers)
I beat Adachi and I guess I finished the main story. The final boss was pretty great( and the final boss music was great). I admit that I didn't like Adachi as a villain that much, the twist was great but I expected more as a villain from him.I guess now there are some post-main story things like the ski trip and i can complete the S.Links that are left.
Oh, and Marie left. Does that mean she's gone forever? I didn't like Marie that much so i didn't make much progress with her S.Link.

you missed a bonus dungeon from
s-linking marie I think

by the way, you should visit every single location before you leave town. For the memories, y'know.

So (P4G spoilers)

Unfortunately if you didnt finish
Marie's
S.link, you miss out on some extra content.

Oh, and on your last day in town. Instead of going home when it tells you too, why not visit the food court one last time, you know, for nostalgia...........seriously.

Top Bottom