• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Woo I finally beat persona 4 and got the golden ending! Sad that I wasn't even close to maxing out all the social ranks and other miscellaneous things but i'm glad I've finally reached out to the truth. Now I can play the story mode for p4 DAN and p4 arena. To be honest,
the whole time I thought Dojima was the true mastermind throughout the rest of my second playthrough. I accidentally clicked on a spoiler for persona 4 once and somehow came to this conclusions, so throughout my whole playthrough I was scrutinizing everything Dojima was doing, and then it wasn't until I finished the game that I realized I must have misread it and my mind latched onto it.

Also the beginning of the hiimadaisy comic makes sense now, the bit with the gas station attendant, yet out of context it just seems like a dumb joke.

I highlighted a part of my playthrough at the end boss, managed to get the hardcore risette trophy pretty much at the end of the game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klEQwRK94nU

PepperedHam

PersonaGAF I come to you broken and battered concerning P4 spoilers blurted out by a stranger during a completely unrelated panel at an anime convention.

The spoiler is regarding the killer. This person was spouting off some dumb sounding jokes and mentioned
Adachi being the killer
, being someone who is fairly new, only 25 hours into P4G I was pretty fucking steamed, no awareness on this individual whatsoever, but the reason I'm here is to know how tainted the remainder of my playthrough is.

Help me PersonaGAF you're my only hope.

PersonaGAF I come to you broken and battered concerning P4 spoilers blurted out by a stranger during a completely unrelated panel at an anime convention.

The spoiler is regarding the killer. This person was spouting off some dumb sounding jokes and mentioned
Adachi being the killer
, being someone who is fairly new, only 25 hours into P4G I was pretty fucking steamed, no awareness on this individual whatsoever, but the reason I'm here is to know how tainted the remainder of my playthrough is.

But how did they do it, hmmm...?

I got spoiled during my playthrough too, but it's such a good game so it wasn't too bad.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Adachi being the killer

Naw man hes not the killer, he want you think its him but then it swervs from out of nowhere.

Jintor

Adachi being the killer

P4 is a game of ruses within ruses, so

New Stalker Club mentions TGS at the end. Need someone to actually translate it to be sure, but since I think they confirmed Atlus at TGS through it last year, that's was probably a similar confirmation.

PK Gaming

Adachi being the killer

I wouldn't worry about it.
Adachi is the killer
is a meme in the community.

Imagine... A definitive PS4 collection of Persona 3 and Persona 4:
  • Persona 3 Platinum (P3FES + The Answer + Portable in HD Remastered Form)
  • Persona 4 Golden (HD Remaster)
Heck, imagine if that's what comes with some super Persona 5 collector's edition??

(I can dream...)

It could literally be just P3 FES but with P3P's extras added in, and i would immediately buy it

Although added slice of life events and remade anime cutscenes would be nice

It could literally be just P3 FES but with P3P's extras added in, and i would immediately buy it

The anime cutscenes are beautiful as they are. They clearly had like no budget for them, but the scenes are all really weird and artsy so I think it kinda works. It sets a mood, if nothing else.

All that needs fixing is Yukari's dynamic hair length.

kiyoaki

I haven't really been following the thread lately, what are we waiting for right now in P5 news? The pre-TGS conference on the 15th?

To tide me over, I just bought the three original Megami Tensei novels. It's the first edition, but apparently not exactly a sought-after collector's item - I paid just a little over ¥800 for all three. My plan is to read them all and then play through the first Famicom game in the series (that was conceived as a sequel to the story in the novels) before P5 drops.
File%2030-08-15%2013%2009%2036.jpg
I'm 70 pages into the first novel, and the writing is gloriously trashy. The protagonist appears to be a complete ass. I like the mid-80s hacker vibe and the little footnotes that explain exotic terms such as "RAM" or "modem."

artsi

Adachi being the killer

He's not the villain.

Setsu00

New Stalker Club mentions TGS at the end. Need someone to actually translate it to be sure, but since I think they confirmed Atlus at TGS through it last year, that's was probably a similar confirmation.

They confirmed that PSC would be at TGS and apparently it's going to be a live broadcast.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Imagine... A definitive PS4 collection of Persona 3 and Persona 4:
  • Persona 3 Platinum (P3FES + The Answer + Portable in HD Remastered Form)
  • Persona 4 Golden (HD Remaster)
Heck, imagine if that's what comes with some super Persona 5 collector's edition??

(I can dream...)

Sheeeit. I'll take a P3P remake using that P5 engine. FeMC would look awesome.

Female Protagonist for Persona 6. Fuckin' Atlus.

yuuki

Again, I still got some spares if you want them. They're literally collecting dust at the moment.

I got them from Amazon, but you can find them all over the internet, and you can even get booster packs at collectable shops.
Do you know if they ship to germany/europe.

Weiss

Banned
So what other character designs would you like to see in Persona 5? So far we have:

The Gentleman Thief (MC)

The Biker Punk (Ryuji)

The Spy Catsuit Girl (Anne)

The Raccoon/Fox Girl

I kind of want to see a Toku Hero character. It'd be a good fit for the Justice Arcana. I'd also like to see a sort of Lupin/Jigen kind of design with the fedora and coat.

I just beat Persona 4 and got the normal ending for the first time. Is it worth my time to fight the true final boss and get the true ending?
Or should I move on and play Persona 3 (FES) for the first time?

I just beat Persona 4 and got the normal ending for the first time. Is it worth my time to fight the true final boss and get the true ending?
it is 100% worth it to go reload your save and play through the end (Even more so in golden where you have months of extra content)

WS would at least be a cheaper hole than MTG has been for me to go down

JCX

Reach out to the true ending. It's worth it. The normal ending boss doesn't feel as impactful as the true final boss.

I still can't get over how great P4G's music is. Any good remixes or recorded live concerts you all recommend?

JCX

This is really all I want. A complete P4G-like thing would be great, I just don't want to feel like I am missing out on content. I'm still holding out hope, so I switched back to SMT IV from P3P while i hope for a TGS megaton that probably won't happen.

QuadOpto

So what other character designs would you like to see in Persona 5?

Although I don't know how it'd work aesthetically, I feel like there just has to be a Brainy Planner/Tech Guy in the Navigator seat, cliche or no.

One thing they could add to a P3 Definitive Edition? A slight nod to Persona Q happening. Just so there was an actual point to them marking it as canon. Not even anything explicit;
just like a faint line of "What happened during that Typhoon?" or whatever.

Yomidi

This is really all I want. A complete P4G-like thing would be great, I just don't want to feel like I am missing out on content. I'm still holding out hope, so I switched back to SMT IV from P3P while i hope for a TGS megaton that probably won't happen.

Yeah, I agree. After I finish P4G(I'm doing the true ending right now), I'm probably going to play P3P next(I don't think I could stand playing the game without Direct Commands), but I would love to have a P3 FES with the direct commands and the FemMC options.

Lunar15

Reach out to the true ending. It's worth it. The normal ending boss doesn't feel as impactful as the true final boss.

I still can't get over how great P4G's music is. Any good remixes or recorded live concerts you all recommend?

Honestly, while it's actually kind of hard to find Persona music on Youtube, look up anything labled "Persona Live Band". They did a studio recording of the live concert band and it's really stupid good.

Heaven

Mist

What I'd look for are the Live Band tracks, any stuff from the actual Persona Music Live concerts, the Reincarnation album, and the P4D remixes.

Also, explore Meguro in general. His soundtracks are incredible. Digital Devil Saga in general has some downright incredible music.

Makio

That's why we dont get any p5 news at all , everyone in Atlus is busy making sketches for PSC. Hahaha jk those look fun , too bad i cant get a word from it.

Man i cant believe the first teaser for Persona 5 (the one with animated cutscenes) was 1 year ago (September 1st to be exactly) .. time fly fast for sure.

The next month got me excited , if they plan to release this game this year we need to got something this month... i cant wait.

Makio

They charge for using the lyrics videos WTF ....

I love we getting all the DLC (minus Miku) and the price dont seem expensive.

4 bucks for Female Naoto uniforms ...thought.

EDIT 2 Bucks my bad , good price then ....

Makio

Oh right ... my bad.

At least in the Music Videos i going to buy Heartbeat, Heartbreak (TOWA TEI Remix) one , because the model they use in that is lovely.

(And the remix dont fit Nanako in my opinion) ... XD

Very happy great news , already have a list of $30 bucks in only DLC. Great.

PD : I dont mind if Hatsune Miku didnt make it here , that remix was bad actually.

Makio

For a Project Diva sound , is great actually... but yeah that came out wrong, plus im not the big fan of Heaven to begin with so that too.

what are all the videos under etc. on the p4dan dlc page?

also what dlc costumes come in the disco fever edition?

The videos are full versions of the music videos which were uploaded onto nico nico a while back eg. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd780kqn6oo. You can buy them to have them replace the dancing in the background of the relevant song.

The disco fever edition comes with the Gekkoukan High Uniforms, and the P4G Summer Vacation set, as well as Never More.

Top Bottom