• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Sho is cute.

Like a baby seal.
No wonder I want to club him.

Also, hooray for Adachi apologism, let's all forgive him and act as if his crimes weren't as much as a big deal than they were!

Well of course! How else could
Yu and Labrys bend over backwards to make excuses for Sho if Adachi wasn't treated as a puckish rogue? (And I really like Adachi as a character and a villain)

HyperInuyasha

Neo Member
Ultimax was like they just doubled down on Arena's strengths and weaknesses. Lots and lots of fluff, tiny bits of wonderfulness. I didn't have the stomach to go through Episode P3 after the slog that was P4. Even Episode Adachi was dull after the (amazing) prologue. And the epilogue, what the hell.

Sure, Dojima magically forgives Adachi for terrorizing his town and his daughter! Oh Adachi, you cad! Hahahaha.

I thought that Episode P3 was okay compared to P4 story. Half of the P4 characters just felt like they were there for the sake of being there. I enjoyed seeing Junpei and Yukari again and I liked Ken more than in the original game (though this is partly because Sho makes everyone look better in comparison).

Also, hooray for Adachi apologism, let's all forgive him and act as if his crimes weren't as much as a big deal than they were!

I thought that Episode P3 was okay compared to P4 story. Half of the P4 characters just felt like they were there for the sake of being there. I enjoyed seeing Junpei and Yukari again and I liked Ken more than in the original game (though this is partly because Sho makes everyone look better in comparison).

P4AU reference spoilers
this has become a pretty common trope in anime "forgive the villain" shit, its awful and needs to stop

FluxWaveZ

Heh, we've entered the Ultimax part of the cycle again.

I thought that Episode P3 was okay compared to P4 story.

Seems this was the opinion of most, but I can't say I totally felt what you say with the latter. Maybe with the exception of the final scene in
Episode Adachi, with him smiling together with Dojima.

This reminds me that I still haven't played P4AU's story with English text yet. I should get on that.

Weiss

Banned
I won't say they're whitewashed, but Atlus has gotten dangerously close to
making Adachi a roguish villain friend rather than, you know, a crazed murderer. I'm fine with the concept of him eventually finding redemption, just not anytime soon. P4A got a little too close to it for my tastes, but ultimately Adachi was still a monster, just working on the other side this time.

cj_iwakura

I won't say they're whitewashed, but Atlus has gotten dangerously close to
making Adachi a roguish villain friend rather than, you know, a crazed murderer. I'm fine with the concept of him eventually finding redemption, just not anytime soon. P4A got a little too close to it for my tastes, but ultimately Adachi was still a monster, just working on the other side this time.

I enjoyed how Adachi was personified, but not how easily everyone was forgiving him. Hell part of me wishes he had been evil, just so people didn't forget the thread he presented. He's still dangerous. He's still a Persona user, and if he lapses, he could easily pose a major threat.

Setsu00

Adachi
's appearance in Ultimax is one of the worst aspects of the game, especially that horrendous moment where Yu and
Adachi
team up to fight
Kagutsuchi
. I haven't seen the DLC episode, but from what I've seen it seems to be even worse. I mean,
Dojima visiting the man who almost killed his daughter
?

cj_iwakura

Adachi
's appearance in Ultimax is one of the worst aspects of the game, especially that horrendous moment where Yu and
Adachi
team up to fight
Kagutsuchi
. I haven't seen the DLC episode, but from what I've seen it seems to be even worse. I mean,
?

The intro to it is great. Adachi is being treated like dirt for being a cop gone bad, getting the hell beaten out of him by a rough cop. It's all downhill from there.

HyperInuyasha

Neo Member
Also, Sho genuinely seems to be the worst character in the entire franchise. Like, Ken has some defenders and he has better reception outside of the original P3 and the movie and Marie gets argued over a lot, sure, but she never seems flat-out hated. But I've never seen anyone defend Sho at all.

Also, Sho genuinely seems to be the worst character in the entire franchise. Like, Ken has some defenders and he has better reception outside of the original P3 and the movie and Marie gets argued over a lot, sure, but she never seems flat-out hated. But I've never seen anyone defend Sho at all.

Because neither Ken nor Marie are nihilist vermin.

Well to be fair, Sho is pretty much an assh*le with puns with no redemption. I don't see how anyone can defend him.

cj_iwakura

You're saying nihilist as if it's a bad thing, when some of the best characters in the series are.

image.php

Weiss

Banned

He's just a walking cliche. There's no substance or depth to his character.

Sho could've been a well-rounded character with an interesting arc, you can't deny that the potential was totally there. They could've gone deeper into his past, his coping mechanisms, bothered to connect him more to the cast, given his story a proper conclusion, etc.

Unfortunately, we're talking about Ultimax here. Failure was the only option and subtlety doesn't exist. It's a shame, I really like his design and penchant for puns.

Zyrox

P4 and Ultimax spoilers throughout this post.
I personally enjoyed
Adachi's
story in Ultimax. The whole
redemption angle already started in Persona 4, with him writing the letter to help the investigation team. Ultimax only continued from that. I liked the final scene with Dojima. And I don't think the Investigation team has forgiven him. Yu only saved him from getting completely killed by Sho, because Yu isn't the kinda guy to just let people die.
The only bad thing about their Ultimax story to me is the
final fight, but not necessarily because Adachi is there at all, but rather I think this should have been Labrys' fight. That would have been better than another episode of "Yu saves the day".

_Ryo_

Completed Persona 4 (PS2) again, with the true ending.

I'm wondering, what ending did you all get your first play through. Golden or Original.

Major spoilers.

My first time I got the ending where Nanako dies, and you don't fight Izanami, I think it's bad ending #1? I was kind of ready for revenge at that point... so, yeah I acted a bit radically.

I think I'm gonna go watch all the new scenes and stuff from Golden on Youtube now, as I don't want to replay the entire game again so soon. xD.

Completed Persona 4 (PS2) again, with the true ending.

I'm wondering, what ending did you all get your first play through. Golden or Original.

I got the true ending
because I have a compulsive need to spoil everything for myself, even *while* I'm playing it, so I already knew what to do hahaha um

Sophia

Adachi
Adachi
team up to fight
Kagutsuchi
?

It's not out of character.
Dojima got a stretcher for Adachi and it was stated before that he visits him. Murderer or not, he was still his partner.

_Ryo_

I got the true ending
because I have a compulsive need to spoil everything for myself, even *while* I'm playing it, so I already knew what to do hahaha um

I expected that it was Adachi all along, and was really surprised when it looked like he wasn't really the culprit. He's always hanging around Junes and leaking info, he's shady as hell. But, the game made me believe he was just a red herring.

I'm excited to see his social link. I wonder if it makes it more heart wrenching for those that never expected that lovable guy to be such an asshole. lol

Sure it was. (Persona 4 spoilers)
Shadow Teddie
is the very definition of "nihilist vermin," and he's fantastic.

And then you call it out on its bullshit, beat the stuffing out of it, develop one of your characters, and gain a new party member.

How many of these does Sho provide?

FluxWaveZ

I'm excited to see his social link. I wonder if it makes it more heart wrenching for those that never expected that lovable guy to be such an asshole. lol

Persona 4 Golden:
His Social Link paints him as a less sympathetic person who has some problems with others.

And then you call it out on its bullshit, beat the stuffing out of it, develop one of your characters, and gain a new party member.

How many of these does Sho provide?

I can't say any of that is why I liked that character more than Sho. It's simply a matter of execution, which is why Sho sucks and other characters in the series with his mindset are good. Hell, (Persona 4)
Adachi shares many similarities with Sho's motivations and mindset, yet I vastly prefer Adachi.

Persona 2: Innocent Sin:
None of what you describe applies to Nyarlathotep in P2:IS, yet he is most definitely a nihilist and is one of the best villains in the series.

_Ryo_

Wow, there's way more new content in golden than I was originally led to believe... this is gonna be a loooong night.

Wow, there's way more new content in golden than I was originally led to believe... this is gonna be a loooong night.

What date are you at so far?

I'm not playing it. I'm watching random videos as I just completed persona 4 on PS2.

But it seems they added a lot of scenes
janurary through march plus motorbikes plus new social links plus new cut scenes

I know it sounds crazy, but P4G was so worth getting a PSTV on launch just for it.

Sophia

So I am looking at these title screens for P4AU and are these all of them or do all characters have one? I am looking for a title screen for something and decided Persona but 3,3P, 4 and golden were all kinda meh, then I found these? If there are ones for all anyone know where I could find them?

Every character (not sure about the DLC ones...?) appears on the title screen I believe. It starts off with one character and goes through the cast. The person announcing the game's title changes every time you boot up the game, and whoever announces it is also the first character on the title screen.

Every character (not sure about the DLC ones...?) appears on the title screen I believe. It starts off with one character and goes through the cast. The person announcing the game's title changes every time you boot up the game, and whoever announces it is also the first character on the title screen.

DLC characters appear too, at least Marie and Margaret do. Come to think of it, not sure if the other guy appears.

hmmm.... anyone know where i can find Naoto or Chie's or, if anyone has the ability, screen cap them? I would be grateful for your assistance.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Guys how hard is marie's dungeon in persona 4 golden? Just got there on my second playthrough and my team members range from level 66-77. Also, is there an end game dungeon? It's my first time going for a true ending route

Guys how hard is marie's dungeon in persona 4 golden? Just got there on my second playthrough and my team members range from level 66-77. Also, is there an end game dungeon? It's my first time going for a true ending route

i dont know if it is different from ps2 p4, from what i hear no but
after you talk to every one of your s.links, go to Junes. You really want to go to Junes.

also,
fuse a trumpeter

Top Bottom