• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

So ya'll out here beefing on the comments section of McDonalds wikia huh

CLCx24yVAAAREJk.png

CLDQaovUkAAVFCB.png

Marie is trash tho

Walking in here and this is the first thing I see

Can't wait to start playing Golden.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
i dont know if it is different from ps2 p4, from what i hear no but
after you talk to every one of your s.links, go to Junes. You really want to go to Junes.

also,
fuse a trumpeter

I do have a trumpeter because margaret told me to make one, i heard she has a boss to that is supposedly super hard.

I do have a trumpeter because margaret told me to make one, i heard she has a boss to that is supposedly super hard.

That's
only on New Game Plus.

Also
be careful who you bring into Marie's dungeon with you, cause you can't warp back to switch your party. (unless maybe you have traesto?)

i didn't do her s.link, but tumpeter was so useful. basically Naoto and Chie were my main attackers, Yu was a secondary attacker/ healer, Kanji was my main healer. I just ran straight to the boss.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Thanks for the tips guys, how much content hour wise is the true ending would you say? Trying to see if I can beat this tomorrow in one sitting.

Thanks for the tips guys, how much content hour wise is the true ending would you say? Trying to see if I can beat this tomorrow in one sitting.
just the true ending, an hour or so maybe? i ran all the way through the dungeon and ran from all battles.

i guess longer if you take your time and fight everyone.

Setsu00

It's not out of character.
Dojima got a stretcher for Adachi and it was stated before that he visits him. Murderer or not, he was still his partner.

I don't know about you,
but if someone tried to kill my daughter I wouldn't visit that person in prison. They may have been partners, but isn't that almost like the ultimate breach of trust? That makes it even worse from my perspective. What are those guys even talking about anymore? "Hey Dojima, remember this funny moment from last year where I nearly murdered your daughter? Ah, such fun times!"

Dantis

I don't know about you,
but if someone tried to kill my daughter I wouldn't visit that person in prison. They may have been partners, but isn't that almost like the ultimate breach of trust? That makes it even worse from my perspective. What are those guys even talking about anymore? "Hey Dojima, remember this funny moment from last year where I nearly murdered your daughter? Ah, such fun times!"

I'm with you on this one.

I don't know about you,

I mean....technically,
Namatame is the one who put her in danger. Granted Adachi messed with his head enough in order for him to get to that point, but it's not like he specifically told him to kidnap and kill her.

Not an apologist, just playing Devil's Advocate here.

PK Gaming

I don't know about you,

You've misinterpreted a crucial aspect of P4's plot.

Adachi had no direct control over who was thrown into the TV world. He set things in motion so he's partially to blame, but it's not like he directly targeted Nanako. Golden actually makes it clear that he cared about Nanako to certain extent, and the Golden anime has a scene where he blames Yu and his friends for what happened to Nanako, which falls in line with his "fuck everything, i'm not responsible for any of my actions" attitude.

THAT SAID, it doesn't change the fact that his relationship with Dojima in Ultimax is anime as fuck. At one point, Adachi talks about how Dojima got aggressive towards this one detective because he happened to bad mouth Adachi near his vicinity. Lmao.

Setsu00

Adachi had no direct control over who was thrown into the TV world. He set things in motion so he's partially to blame, but it's not like he directly targeted Nanako. Golden actually makes it clear that he cared about Nanako to certain extent, and the Golden anime has a scene where he blames Yu and his friends for what happened to Nanako, which falls in line with his "fuck everything, i'm not responsible for any of my actions" attitude.

THAT SAID, it doesn't change the fact that his relationship with Dojima in Ultimax is anime as fuck. At one point, Adachi talks about how Dojima got aggressive towards this one detective because he happened to bad mouth Adachi near his vicinity. Lmao.

Adachi manipulated Namatame, who then nearly killed Nanako. Had Adachi not interacted with Namatame, Nanako would've never been in danger, which means that Adachi is the cause of Nanako's "death". Even if Adachi cared about Nanako, he didn't care enough about her to prevent Namatame from causing further trouble. At least from my perspective that's enough to put the lion's share of the blame on Adachi.

I also think that the Adachi episodes from P4tGA distort the character by making him more sympathetic to cater towards his surprisingly big fanbase. The same goes for the Adachi part of Ultimax and parts of Golden, especially the epilogue.

Even if he wasn't responsible for Nametame's actions (which he totally was, and he could have stopped him at any time), he still did threaten Nanako in the letter he sent the main character. Empty threat or not, that's not cool.

JCX

Put me in the "wants a definitive version of P3" camp.

Even if only to end all of the P3P vs. FES debates :3

I definitely want a definitive P3. I just finished 4 and I can't settle on a version because I feel like I'm missing out. Really hoping we get that.

PK Gaming

Adachi manipulated Namatame, who then nearly killed Nanako. Had Adachi not interacted with Namatame, Nanako would've never been in danger, which means that Adachi is the cause of Nanako's "death". Even if Adachi cared about Nanako, he didn't care enough about her to prevent Namatame from causing further trouble. At least from my perspective that's enough to put the lion's share of the blame on Adachi.

I also think that the Adachi episodes from P4tGA distort the character by making him more sympathetic to cater towards his surprisingly big fanbase. The same goes for the Adachi part of Ultimax and parts of Golden, especially the epilogue.

Even if he wasn't responsible for Nametame's actions (which he totally was, and he could have stopped him at any time), he still did threaten Nanako in the letter he sent the main character. Empty threat or not, that's not cool.

I'm not trying to downplay what he did (though I suppose saying he was "partially responsible" was definitely poor choice of words on my part) but rather, I was just refuting the idea that Adachi had an intent to kill Nanako.

"Adachi tried to kill Nanako" is wrong.

"Adachi set things in motion that resulted in her life being put in danger and ultimately resulted in her death" is correct.

There's a subtle yet important difference that's relevant to his character. Nanako's appearance on the Midnight Channel was random, which meant her "death" was random. But regardless of whether he cared about Nanako or not he would never intervene, because that would risk putting an end to his game.

Re: Letter

I don't think this was a direct threat to Nanako, because again, he has no control over who gets thrown into the TV. In fact, the letter doesn't really make sense because he wanted the game between Nametame and the Investigation team to continue. Even if you subscribe to the theory that he did it to rattle the Investigation Team/entertainment value, it's still an incredibly stupid move to make considering it was a key piece of evidence that ended up being used against him.

Sophia

I'm not trying to downplay what he did (though I suppose saying he was "partially responsible" was definitely poor choice of words on my part) but rather, I was just refuting the idea that Adachi had an intent to kill Nanako.

"Adachi tried to kill Nanako" is wrong.

"Adachi set things in motion that resulted in her life being put in danger and ultimately resulted in her death" is correct.

There's a subtle yet important difference that's relevant to his character. Nanako's appearance on the Midnight Channel was random, which meant her "death" was random. But regardless of whether he cared about Nanako or not he would never intervene, because that would risk putting an end to his game.

Re: Letter

I don't think this was a direct threat to Nanako, because again, he has no control over who gets thrown into the TV. In fact, the letter doesn't really make sense because he wanted the game between Nametame and the Investigation team to continue. Even if you subscribe to the theory that he did it to rattle the Investigation Team/entertainment value, it's still an incredibly stupid move to make considering it was a key piece of evidence that ended up being used against him.

In regards to all this too
I do believe Persona 4 Golden makes it pretty clear that he has some degree of fondness for Dojima and Nanako, even if he is the murderer. Likewise, they established that Dojima doesn't completely hate the guy back in vanilla P4, even after all that happened. And yeah the letter isn't just a key piece of evidence, it's the key piece of evidence.

I would love a definitive version of P3. Tired of swapping between the games because of different content in both FES and P3P.

Imagine... A definitive PS4 collection of Persona 3 and Persona 4:
  • Persona 3 Platinum (P3FES + The Answer + Portable in HD Remastered Form)
  • Persona 4 Golden (HD Remaster)
Heck, imagine if that's what comes with some super Persona 5 collector's edition??

(I can dream...)

CorvoSol

I kinda figured it was obvious that
Adchee didn't mean for Nanako to get hurt. Yes he sent the "no more saving" letter but even ACE BRAIN EXPOSITION DETECTIVE PLOT ADVANCER Naoto Shirogane didn't realize it was gonna be Nanako next. And since Adachi maintained a friendship (however much he denies it) with Yu and Dojima, it makes sense that he probably had some manner of fondness for Nanako, too. Even if it was just "tha's Dojima's kid."

Beyond that, though, I can see Dojima looking past the harm that befell Nanako because a part of his arc in P4 was learning to let go of the anger he'd been carrying since his last family member had been hurt.

Throw in the fact that Adachi starts slipping up when Nanako and Dojima get hurt and you've got half of a compelling argument there.

Like, I don't want it to sound like I'm trying to Draco Malfoy the guy, but it seems to me the series wants to have and eat its cake on the fact that
Adachi is both a twisted, fucked up nutjob and cares about the Dojima family + Yu.
Which kinda works, cuz often times in fiction you see
killers who are evil incarnate except like they're super duper sweet to their moms or something.

Imagine... A definitive PS4 collection of Persona 3 and Persona 4:
  • Persona 3 Platinum (P3FES + The Answer + Portable in HD Remastered Form)
  • Persona 4 Golden (HD Remaster)
Heck, imagine if that's what comes with some super Persona 5 collector's edition??

(I can dream...)

I just want an Arena on Vita, and even that tiny widdle dream ain't happenin.

I don't hate Yosuke, but I do think he needs a punch in the face.

Unless we're talking spinoff or anime Yosuke, in which case I definitely do hate him.

Top Bottom