• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

I dunno, there's always Playstation Experience (Dec 5-6) if they really want to cut it fine. :p

That's assuming there is a chance of a simultaneous release.

I think some more news will be coming up either during TGS, or sometime REALLY soon by Atlus themselves if they are continuing to reinforce that US is getting P5 in 2015

That's assuming there is a chance of a simultaneous release.

I think some more news will be coming up either during TGS, or sometime REALLY soon by Atlus themselves if they are continuing to reinforce that US is getting P5 in 2015

I'm only kidding, but it could be the case if they were bold/crazy enough to pull a "and it's out NOW!" situation.

CorvoSol

OOOOKAY. o_O;

Boys and girls, despite my attempt to try and turn it back on track with the Trinity Soul talk, I think we've hit the point in this conversation where we're prooobably best just moving on. Especially because we really do not want to go down the dark and scary tunnel of suggesting that an entire group of people might be pedophiles without any evidence. :p

Sounds great.

So! I'm thinking of going back to Eternal Punishment soon so that I can finish it before P5 releases but I was wondering, is there some sort of guide as to what Personas I should be fusing as I progress?

I don't especially enjoy any part of the fusion process and while I was able to basically skip it entirely in Innocent Sin I doubt that's an option here. Anything that cuts down the time spent on the fusion process would certainly go a long way to helping me get through EP in a timely fashion.

Here's what you need to know about Eternal Punishment:

Katsuya is Best Girl.

Pick
Elly Route
because
Elly is God
and I was a fool to bet it all on
Nanjo's
sexy biker upgrade.

Also get Maia Custom early on cuz I remember using that Persona for a good long time.

Mostly stick to PK's guide. It's how I got through the entire game.

I actually really prefer EP's battle system to IS's. I think that's because I played ISPSP and ISPSP had this unholy fetishization of menus where everything in battle was an obnoxious slog through menu. I treated EP more like FFXII with gambits that I only interrupted when I saw a need to change strategy, and enjoyed how much smoother it felt.

I'm only kidding, but it could be the case if they were bold/crazy enough to pull a "and it's out NOW!" situation.
Makes sense, Atlus are now owned by Sega who had huge success with the Sega Saturn so clearly they will follow in the Saturn's footsteps.

Katsuya is Best Girl.

Pick
Elly Route
because
Elly is God
Nanjo's
sexy biker upgrade.

Also get Maia Custom early on cuz I remember using that Persona for a good long time.

I actually really prefer EP's battle system to IS's. I think that's because I played ISPSP and ISPSP had this unholy fetishization of menus where everything in battle was an obnoxious slog through menu. I treated EP more like FFXII with gambits that I only interrupted when I saw a need to change strategy, and enjoyed how much smoother it felt.

I dunno, from what I'd played Ulala was pretty great.

I definitely prefer EP's battle system to IS's. I also played ISPSP and as you say it was really menu heavy, thankfully I was able to just rush the vast majority of encounters so I avoided actually engaging with the combat for the most part.

Weiss

Banned
That list for TGS is only supposed to be playable stuff, right? I think that's the case.

PS:
Corvo is full of lies. Ulala is best girl.

Setsu00

Sounds great.

Katsuya is Best Girl.

Pick
Elly Route
because
Elly is God
Nanjo's
sexy biker upgrade.

The decision between Elly and Nanjo is one of the reasons I'm afraid to pick up Eternal Punishment. I don't want to miss out on either scenario, but I know I'll never finish the game twice considering that it took me over a year to beat IS.

That list for TGS is only supposed to be playable stuff, right? I think that's the case.

PS:
Corvo is full of lies. Ulala is best girl.

Yes, not only is it just playable games, but :
IGN said:
Here's the full lineup of confirmed playable games, though Sony noted this list only includes titles that can currently be disclosed, opening the possibility for additional games to be revealed at a later date.

Anyways, I bet P5 will be released 11/24 in NA!

CorvoSol

Makes sense, Atlus are now owned by Sega who had huge success with the Sega Saturn so clearly they will follow in the Saturn's footsteps.

I dunno, from what I'd played Ulala was pretty great.

I definitely prefer EP's battle system to IS's. I also played ISPSP and as you say it was really menu heavy, thankfully I was able to just rush the vast majority of encounters so I avoided actually engaging with the combat for the most part.

Ulala is great. But Katsuya is the best. There's an endgame revelation I won't spoil that just puts breh above the pack. Even if he is yet another gun wielder in the game.

Also he's easily the best dressed member in Maya's party. Baofu lost when I realized he had a chin beard straight from the Last Battalion.

The decision between Elly and Nanjo is one of the reasons I'm afraid to pick up Eternal Punishment. I don't want to miss out on either scenario, but I know I'll never finish the game twice considering that it took me over a year to beat IS.

I took Nanjo route, and I loved it. Because Nanjo is Mitsuru plus Batman. But I'll always regret not picking Elly because Elly is easily the character with the best attitude towards Persona in Persona. Her reactions to everything are the best.

Ulala is great. But Katsuya is the best. There's an endgame revelation I won't spoil that just puts breh above the pack. Even if he is yet another gun wielder in the game.

Also he's easily the best dressed member in Maya's party. Baofu lost when I realized he had a chin beard straight from the Last Battalion.

Well now you've peaked my interest, I'll need to finish FF13 before I move onto another JRPG but I'm really looking forward to getting back to EP as despite my issues with the combat in IS I still had a fantastic time with it. Then if I have it in me I'll try and finish P1 this year, but if it's similar to P2 in terms of gameplay that might not happen.

I never even realised that Baofu had a chin beard and now I feel like my whole world view has shifted.

The MGS threads are too spoilery so I will take cover here for a while if that's alright with you guys :)

When I am done with MGSV, I'll try to finish Persona 3 Portable, which is actually not that grabbing as Persona 4 Golden.
Do you guys think Atlus has the balls to not show anything of Persona 5 and just release it in december ? I would be fine with that, if we get a release date if not, I'll panic.

Do you guys think Atlus has the balls to not show anything of Persona 5 and just release it in december ? I would be fine with that, if we get a release date if not, I'll panic.

Very doubtful, since they've already shown of gameplay and things like that I don't see a reason why they wouldn't show more at some point in the future.

I wouldn't really mind it though, but I still want some of my question to be answered in the promo material, like what that "co-operation" mechanic does for example.

I wonder if once a release date is announced we'll see more frequent trailers for P5 or if they'll remain relatively silent. Each of the spin off games had a number of trailers leading up to the release but the way that they've advertised P5 makes it seem like they don't really want to put out too much info on the game.

Atlus will next mention Persona 5 after its already been released for a week.

Persona 5 is just going to released like Frog Fractions 2, it's already out there but no one has realised yet.

The best part of the Sony stream will be the reactions when the Atlus logo comes up, only for it to be the Vanillaware game.

Unless the Vanillaware logo comes first, but that would ruin the fun.

Nimby

Banned
The best part of the Sony stream will be the reactions when the Atlus logo comes up, only for it to be the Vanillaware game.

Unless the Vanillaware logo comes first, but that would ruin the fun.

I remember that fateful Nintendo direct when the Atlus logo popped up, and I screamed, but then it was just an animu game. Or so I thought...

But yeah, it's pretty funny most of the time.

cj_iwakura

Interesting thing about Nanjo VS Elly is that Nanjo's ties more into Eikichi and
Kandori
from Persona 1, while Elly's is more about Wang Long Chizuru(and has a more awesome character).

You have to see them both if you want to fight the(amazing) optional boss.

Interesting thing about Nanjo VS Elly is that Nanjo's ties more into Eikichi and
Kandori
from Persona 1, while Elly's is more about Wang Long Chizuru(and has a more awesome character).

You have to see them both if you want to fight the(amazing) optional boss.

Well now I'm torn, Elly is supposed to be great but I already know that Eikichi is awesome.

Nimby

Banned
So apparently the Sony TGS conference is 3:00 AM for the East Coast. No way I can watch it unfortunately, and I won't be able to sleep.

So apparently the Sony TGS conference is 3:00 AM for the East Coast. No way I can watch it unfortunately, and I won't be able to sleep.

That would be midnight for me. What day (by day i mean the previous day that i will be staying up to watch it) would it be? Hopefully it's on a day when i don't need to get up in the morning for something

That would be midnight for me. What day (by day i mean the previous day that i will be staying up to watch it) would it be? Hopefully it's on a day when i don't need to get up in the morning for something

Friday the 14th.

EDIT:
Oops, my calendar was still set to August. Quad is right.

Nimby

Banned
It's Monday night going into Tuesday. On the bright side, it makes it easier to just look for a release date and call it quits on new info.

Wasn't Ultimax supposed to get a major balance patch? I loaded up the game for the first time in months and saw that stupid bug where Ken is called "Margaret" still hasn't been fixed since last year 😡

Squire

Banned
Wasn't Ultimax supposed to get a major balance patch? I loaded up the game for the first time in months and saw that stupid bug where Ken is called "Margaret" still hasn't been fixed since last year 😡

Western release doesn't seem to be getting that patch.

Squire

Banned
The Japanese release hasn't gotten that patch either.

Oh? I thought people were bugging Atlus USA about that a while ago? It was premature?

I assumed the patch had been released in JP already. I should've known better, but I'm not really surprised.

Um, did you go from 11 days to 5 or am I crazy? What's in 5 days?

FluxWaveZ

As Cannon_Fodder states. And we all know 5 is a very important number.

ak2dcyZ.png

I like this screenshot, conceptually.

Makio

I want to see people crazy when that P5 logo show up in the Sega website.

And then we get a lot of news of the VanillaWare game and others in the event and almost nothing of P5...

Wonder if Atlus is going to release PV02 to the world some day or they are going to keep it exclusive for the P4dan "lucky" first buyers.

Top Bottom