• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Depending on how you look at it, P4 undermined P3 after a much shorter turnaround.
So not having the same mentality after so long wouldn't be that surprising.

Persona 3 be like "Death is inevitable, it sucks, but it happens and you have to deal with it" while Persona 4 be like "Death can be prevented by hopping in a TV, look even if you screw up and don't prevent it in time you can literally travel back in time a week and save them."

PK Gaming

Oh hey guys new trailer that's sick i'm actually getting pretty hy-

53QYTS5.gif

Oh gosh!

Persona 3 be like "Death is inevitable, it sucks, but it happens and you have to deal with it" while Persona 4 be like "Death can be prevented by hopping in a TV, look even if you screw up and don't prevent it in time you can literally travel back in time a week and save them."

Not to mention Marge
tells you Elizabeth's plan after fighting her
in NG+...

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Whatever Marie avatar we end up having, please someone put a big fat "2015" at the center.

Squire

Banned
And yet it's true? They were the ones that kept perpetuating the 2015 release date. Now its delayed, and they are the ones that look like idiots.

Yeah, your recent post history, in the delay thread in particular, tells me they're in rather good company, if that's the case.

Innocent Sin be like "You can capture your dreams no matter what! If you believe in yourself you can do anything, including undoing the apocalypse! You can do anything!" and Eternal Punishment be like "I mean, at least until you're in your early twenties and then you realize being an adult sucks but you've made your bed and now you have lie in it, oh well sucks to be you."

There's no easy way to say it, so we'll be blunt. Persona 5 will not release in 2015. The next numbered entry of the Persona franchise will now release in Japan and the Americas in 2016.
The strengths of the Persona series are compelling characters, a moving, relatable story, and a borderline obsession with minutiae - elements which can't be rushed or taken lightly. So while ATLUS realizes the frustration and disappointment that this must cause for the JRPG-loving public, please know that we are delaying the game in order to make sure the next iteration of the Persona series lives up to the expectations of fans.
Persona 5 will be released in 2016 exclusively on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3

facebook message.

Squire

Banned
Atlus USA said:
There's no easy way to say it, so we'll be blunt. Persona 5 will not release in 2015. The next numbered entry of the Persona franchise will now release in Japan and the Americas in 2016.

The strengths of the Persona series are compelling characters, a moving, relatable story, and a borderline obsession with minutiae - elements which can't be rushed or taken lightly. So while ATLUS realizes the frustration and disappointment that this must cause for the JRPG-loving public, please know that we are delaying the game in order to make sure the next iteration of the Persona series lives up to the expectations of fans.

Persona 5 will be released in 2016 exclusively on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3.

I just realised that I bought a PS3 to play P5, that's probably not going to happen at this point

You can enjoy other engaging PS3 titles while you wait. Perhaps you will Catherine, another title from the wunderkinds at P-Studios, or Persona 4 Fighting Game 1 and 2 from Arc System Works? Katamari Forever is always a crowd pleaser. Resonance of Fate is a stylish, gun slinging JRPG that just might tide you over until next Summer. You may also consider walking the forsaken path of the Dark Souls franchise, if you wish to embrace suffering.

You can enjoy other engaging PS3 titles while you wait. Perhaps you will Catherine, another title from the wunderkinds at P-Studios, or Persona 4 Fighting Game 1 and 2 from Arc System Works? Katamari Forever is always a crowd pleaser. Resonance of Fate is a stylish, gun slinging JRPG that just might tide you over until next Summer. You may also consider walking the forsaken path of the Dark Souls franchise, if you wish to embrace suffering.

No Yakuza 5? Shame on you.

Anyway, I don't think I've ever loved a game's visuals as much as this one. Time for media blackout, honestly, that was already more than I wanted to see.

Makio

Some part of me wants to think Atlus is going to reveal at more proper release date by the end of the stream like "July 2016 - August 2016".

Or even better they are fucking with us ... and the delay is no longer than this hahahahaha .

But besides that , the trailer was amazing was everything i was expected and more.

MSMrRound

Goodbye Chiaki avatar ;_; (I'll do that if someone can just dig up the post with all the TeamRuin avatars?)

PV03 was pretty cool. Watched it on the bench using the mall wifi right after work cuz I was too busy to catch up on it live. Couldn't help getting hyped up, especially getting my first glimpse of the new Personas.

Morgana is pretty cool too. Morgana (trailer spoiler maybe?)
seems to be able to transform for real? In the early part of the trailer, as they were escaping, Anne was heard yelling for Morgana to transform...into a car? If I didn't mishear? After that happened, she grabbed Morgana and spun the cat around, flinging it out in a manner that was similar to how Ryuji threw Morgana before he/she transformed into the cat sign in PV01. So it's not too far-fetched to say that Morgana will definitely have a chance of having a human form, as some users have guessed?

At least we will see Persona 5 on Sony's stage at E3 next year. RIGHT, RIGHT?

PK Gaming

So... P5 being delayed is definitely weaksauce, but i'm strangely happy in a way.

For starters, we're getting a better game in the process, so there's silver lining #1. The fact that we're probably going to get decent marketing now is silver lining #2. No more nonsensical dry periods where we get jack squat; semi recurrent updates from this point on is definitely in the cards now. This trailer is basically a huge step in the right direction, and i'm waaaaay hyped to see more.

I feel bad for Hardin though. Not sure what made him actively try to push 2015, but the hate he's going to get is seriously misplaced. Hang in there man!

But yeah I don't regret being on #TeamGlory.

PpZSwQc.png

Could someone add a #TeamRuin style dunce cap to this image? Too lazy to add one myself, lmao.

NichM

Banned
You of all people should've seen the signs man! You've been in the game long enough to know how things operate.

It's the exact opposite! I'd been there long enough to know "total media silence until 3 months before a December 2015 release" was totally plausible, haha.

So... P5 being delayed is definitely weaksauce, but i'm strangely happy in a way.

For starters, we're getting a better game in the process, so there's silver lining #1. The fact that we're probably going to get decent marketing now is silver lining #2. No more nonsensical dry periods where we get jack squat; semi recurrent updates from this point on is definitely in the cards now. This trailer is basically a huge step in the right direction, and i'm waaaaay hyped to see more.

Depending on when exactly it comes out it might even have a significant presence at Sony's E3 2016?

Sophia

It's the exact opposite! I'd been there long enough to know "total media silence until 3 months before a December 2015 release" was totally plausible, haha.

Can't blame you for thinking that, seeing as a good majority of us thought that too.

Squire

Banned

I feel bad for Hardin though. Not sure what made him actively try to push 2015, but the hate he's going to get is seriously misplaced. Hang in there man!

But yeah I don't regret being on #TeamGlory.

PpZSwQc.png

Could someone add a #TeamRuin style dunce cap to this image? Too lazy to add one myself, lmao.

He didn't though. People came to Hardin of their own volition with the same question a few times and they got the same company line a few times.

sora87

Hopefully the amount of "HEY EUROPE EXISTS YOU KNOW" messages on their twitter and facebook makes them hurry up and announce what's happening over here. Tired of your shit Atlus.

In the early part of the trailer, as they were escaping, Anne was heard yelling for Morgana to transform...into a car? If I didn't mishear?
I kept hearing 車 as well and found it weird. A cat that transforms into a car? Maybe it's supposed to be a joke or something.

So....much.....despair. Am I in the Danganronpa thread? #TeamRuin.

So how's this gonna work? Since this is the first true Persona game I'll play at release, I want to go on a complete media blackout. Don't even want to see the character profiles or anything. Want to go in completely fresh, apart for the three released trailers How will that work when it comes to info in this thread? All P5 info in spoiler tags? Or should I just start to ignore this thread until next year?

At least I'll have time to finish P3, PQ, P4G, the arena games and maybe P1. I can do this right?

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Okay boys and girls, come get your oven fresh shame avatars here. Click the image for the gallery:

Or, make your own with this precious hat:

fjgTMat.gif

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Can't blame you for thinking that, seeing as a good majority of us thought that too.

Which still didn't make that much sense to me, considering both P3 and P4 at least saw more info than what we're seeing now for P5 at least 5-6 months out from their releases, at least in the Japan media. Total media silence until 3 months before hasn't necessarily been the norm for the mainline releases. I remember the first couple threads here back in early 2006 leading up to P3's JPN release. P4 saw a similar timeline as well.

Sophia

So....much.....despair. Am I in the Danganronpa thread? #TeamRuin.

So how's this gonna work? Since this is the first true Persona game I'll play at release, I want to go on a complete media blackout. Don't even want to see the character profiles or anything. Want to go in completely fresh, apart for the three released trailers How will that work when it comes to info in this thread? All P5 info in spoiler tags? Or should I just start to ignore this thread until next year?

At least I'll have time to finish P3, PQ, P4G, the arena games and maybe P1. I can do this right?

If your intent is complete media blackout, you'll probably have to do more than just avoid this thread. While there are rules to this thread they're more about spoilers in general than for protecting someone from all media. And of course, you could always get accidentally spoiled if someone goofs anywhere on GAG.

Top Bottom