• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Makio

Maybe im the only one happy with the new track .... no Jazzy at all and seems something straight from Digital Devil Saga .... way to go Meguro.

Setsu00

I didn't take the bet officially, but I did in my heart that was shattered into thousand pieces by Atlus, so here we go.

I'm a dunce.

I kinda want to backpaddle to the Fuuka one, it's probably the best of the bunch.

I'll keep this one though just because it's Kenji,

And since I'm the one who started this for us I'll have to bear the biggest shame.

Soriku

Maybe im the only one happy with the new track .... no Jazzy at all and seems something straight from Digital Devil Saga .... way to go Meguro.

I like the track. I'm wondering where the acid jazz is though. So far all the tracks we heard sound like typical Meguro.

You're not the only one! I love the new song!

That overdriven distorted bassline is just......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyespleasethankyou!

Sophia

I like the track. I'm wondering where the acid jazz is though. So far all the tracks we heard sound like typical Meguro.

First two tracks were definitely not typical Meguro, and definitely had acid jazz in them. This one is more typical, but it sounds like a minor boss battle theme or something.

Makio

Morning Star you can send me that Mitsuru , if i lose i want that one... XD

I cant believe we lost that bet ... still believe the Phantom is going to "steal" a better release date for us by the end of the stream.

On a happier note, for me at least, I got my Gekkoukan Yukiko figure in the mail today, funnily enough right after I read about the delay. Like immediately after.

It is actually surprisingly nice for a prize figure.

If your intent is complete media blackout, you'll probably have to do more than just avoid this thread. While there are rules to this thread they're more about spoilers in general than for protecting someone from all media. And of course, you could always get accidentally spoiled if someone goofs anywhere on GAG.

Maybe I am hoping for too much when it comes to this. I just want to go in as fresh as possible.

Also, finally P3 is starting to pick up and get interesting, well the last 5 or so [game] hours ago. Still don't enjoy it as much as P4, and I'm not talking about game play mechanics the were added afterward.

I'm still wondering what the hell we're going to see these next days, at least it's probably not going to be something so important that I'll bother dealing with all those countdowns.

Man, it's at least nice that they gave us the release delay at the start of all this.

Morning Star you can send me that Mitsuru , if i lose i want that one... XD

I cant believe we lost that bet ... still believe the Phantom is going to "steal" a better release date for us by the end of the stream.

You'll be wearing it by Sunday, I assure you.

Sophia

This is why I don't like to take sides, even though—remaining skeptical—I did feel like it was going to be 2015, myself.

I feel pretty good about not having taken that avatar bet now. Despite the fact that I was hoping for 2015 too.

Also, the thread title probably needs updating now. WE'RE ON THE ROAD TO RUIN~!

Musolf815

I'm still wondering what the hell we're going to see these next days, at least it's probably not going to be something so important that I'll bother dealing with all those countdowns.

Man, it's at least nice that they gave us the release delay at the start of all this.

My wild guesses:

-P3/P4 collection (either just P3 and P4 or everything including Q and Arena
-Persona x Dangan Ronpa
-SMT 5
-Another anime
-Maybe they'll open preorders and show a special edition?

Bio5ith

Neo Member
Really loved the new trailer, I'm glad it looks like the texting from Catherine is the game. Is the second voice in the trailer MC's? Is he gonna talk more than the others?

MSMrRound

Or perhaps the Atlus game they are teasing at "revealing soon" is totally unreleated to Persona/SMT stuff, possibly drawing on other SEGA IPs.

jeez fine I'll make my own

tumblr_inline_n0esazfAl81sycmn8.png

Europe :(

Plus I already put around 50 hours into the Japanese version
Same and
same.

Incidentally, P4D's US release is on my birthday.
Wow, 50 hours? Didn't think there'd be that much depth in a dancing game.

To be honest, I've completely written off P4D because I wasn't willing to risk full game price + Atlus tax for a game genre I've never played before. Maybe I should look into it.

Wow, 50 hours? Didn't think there'd be that much depth in a dancing game.

To be honest, I've completely written off P4D because I wasn't willing to risk full game price + Atlus tax for a game genre I've never played before. Maybe I should look into it.

It's really fun and it's probably my second favourite game of the year. If you like the persona 4 music and are willing to give rhythm games a shot I'd say it's definitely worth checking out.

Sophia

Maybe I am hoping for too much when it comes to this. I just want to go in as fresh as possible.

Also, finally P3 is starting to pick up and get interesting, well the last 5 or so [game] hours ago. Still don't enjoy it as much as P4, and I'm not talking about game play mechanics the were added afterward.

Well the biggest problem with trying to go on complete media blackout and staying in this thread is eventually someone is going to come in, and accidentally forget the rule about not embedding event screens...

[img http://i.imgur.com/1UA8Njc.jpg[/img]

... like this. :p

And this is like the second or third time someone has accidentally forgot just today, lol.

Guesses for what's left:
Trailer for P3M#4, gameplay stream for P5, musical performances by the usual suspects (they're confirmed to be at the show, so this is a given).

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I was pretty confident it would be 2015 and in both territories at that. Oh well.

This never made any sense to me. Given the lack of any noise on the retail front a few months out from the biggest shopping time of the year in terms of pre-order availability or leaked info about shipment expectations or shelf space reservations and all the usual distribution stuff (on both the US and JPN side) combined with the media silence from Atlus, I don't see how one can reasonably have expected the game to be out by end of year. Any singular piece of that by itself isn't necessarily an indicator, but it's the combination of them together that does it.

Granted it's been several years since I've been in the gaming industry, but any major release had to have that sort of thing figured out several months in advance, and no matter how much you try to keep a lid on information getting out, something inevitably leaks out - whether it's from the manufacturing, shipping, or the retail side of things. And given the timeline of how long publisher certification usually takes, plus the lead time needed for duplication/packaging and distribution, a Dec release date would mean the game would have to have been completely finished a month or two ago at the very least so it could hit gold around now.

Top Bottom