• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

RocBase

Okay boys and girls, come get your oven fresh shame avatars here. Click the image for the gallery:

Or, make your own with this precious hat:

fjgTMat.gif

aayyy thanks lol
can't even be mad about the delay. how everyone got psyched by atlus JP is just too hilarious

To all this when the Atlus stream continues ... besides Persona 5 maybe there are other things to look forward.

Exactly. If they started with PV03 + delay announcement, who knows how they will fill the rest of stream.

Enhanced port of P3 for PS4/V... P4G for PS4... P4AU for PS4... P4-2 for whatever... P3D for Vita...

I know... lol

Makio

Probably. The final event is supposed to have the usual musical folks (Lotus Juice, etc) guesting, so maybe we'll even hear the actual full opening theme of Persona 5.

Funny thing i was looking more for this , than a release date.

I need a new Persona jam in my life , Dance! is getting kinda old lol XD.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Just to make sure, what are the chances of Atlus trolling us and they reveal at the last event that P5 is actually coming out in 2015?

<1%

Basically, unless you see a pre-order option pop up on Amazon it's not happening. And they've been known to have product pages up for a long time before something actually comes out.

FluxWaveZ

Just to make sure, what are the chances of Atlus trolling us and they reveal at the last event that P5 is actually coming out in 2015?

0%. We've got a snippet of next week's Persona 5 Famitsu interview talking about the delay to 2016, we've got the video developer interview with Hashino talking about the delay to 2016, and we've got the (really fast) North America press release of the NA and JPN delay to 2016. We've also got a bunch of sites now listing 2016 as its release date.

If after all of that they still came out and said "2015"... Well, it'd probably be one of the most ridiculous things this industry has seen in terms of PR.

Also from the interview youtube, it looks like you can just walk straight through all the The Faceless milling about like in the Raidou games. Which is fine, otherwise it'd be that awkward bumping into people like in the The Last Story or constantly getting stuck in the crowds.

MSMrRound

they haven't announced the singer right? it's still possible we might hear that this week

I wonder if Mizuki Nana will get to sing anything for Persona 5. Afterall, she's one of the Japanese VAs listed and a very proficient singer.

In fact, with Aoi Yuuki (Kaname Madoka from Puella Magi Madoka Magica) also included in the list, all they need is Ayahi Takagaki (Lisbeth from Sword Art Online) to complete the Symphogear series main trio.

Was the trailer the first event for the live stream?

CU4YAl0.png

I think? You can use this chart + your time zone to figure it up. Apparently tomorrow morning is Soejima art stream (Danti make sure you watch!), then late Friday night will be the Persona Stage Show/Concert/hopefully more gameplay, then the Stalker Club get to chat it up about everything we saw, then the Odin Sphere HD port stuff.

Zareka

I don't post here a whole lot but I'll take my punishment. I'm a man of my word.

Doesn't look like anyone's snagged Rise yet, so I'll roll with her.
I can't find a suitable P3MC expression to make one myself.

4ZGNTMe.jpg

CU4YAl0.png

I think? You can use this chart + your time zone to figure it up. Apparently tomorrow morning is Soejima art stream (Danti make sure you watch!), then late Friday night will be the Persona Stage Show/Concert/hopefully more gameplay, then the Stalker Club get to chat it up about everything we saw, then the Odin Sphere HD port stuff.

The trailer wasn't a scheduled event, it came just before the Main Broadcast segment and ran into it a bit.

https://41.media.tumblr.com/be601c9a77d8404b97335efdaeae2572/tumblr_nutimmFuaV1si48w3o1_r2_1280.jpg

Another character talking portrait feat. the Velvet Room. I'm not thrilled by how this particular screenshot looks because it reminds me too much of a visual novel and that's a bit disappointing given the quality framing we've seen so far in cutscenes.

It only looks as much a visual novel as P3 and 4, which I'm down with. It's a fine method of presentation considering the mountains of dialogue this game is sure to have. There will probably be more cinematic shots too but I doubt they have the time/money to make everything like one fancy cutscene.

I'm thrilled with the way this stuff looks tbh. Like a natural extension of the previous games but oozing with awesome and consistent style.

Squire

Banned
I have a time line of the event news in the OP of the discussion thread. The very first event was the countdown where we heard the Velvet Twins talking in the Velvet Room, and an hour later we got PV03 + the developer interview video.

Yeah, just saw your update in the stream thread OP.

So the events for this one are probably worth keeping an eye on.

It only looks as much a visual novel as P3 and 4, which I'm down with. It's a fine method of presentation considering the mountains of dialogue this game is sure to have. There will probably be more cinematic shots too but I doubt they have the time/money to make everything like one fancy cutscene.

I'm thrilled with the way this stuff looks tbh. Like a natural extension of the previous games but oozing with awesome and consistent style.

Actually I'm dumb and apparently that was part of the prestream, not the actual game, hence the wide open, empty background.

Makio

The Persona 5 MC has more character already than the P4 and 3 MC, which is a really good thing. Love it.

THIS x1000 i love that bastard , i even thinking he maybe not even a silent protagonist this time...but who knows.

And i kinda expect Atlus to troll us , and give us a another release date by the end of the stream (like May - June 2016 or earlier) ... but i think 2015 is now out of question like Flux says.

Lunar15

0%. We've got a snippet of next week's Persona 5 Famitsu interview talking about the delay to 2016, we've got the video developer interview with Hashino talking about the delay to 2016, and we've got the (really fast) North America press release of the NA and JPN delay to 2016. We've also got a bunch of sites now listing 2016 as its release date.

If after all of that they still came out and said "2015"... Well, it'd probably be one of the most ridiculous things this industry has seen in terms of PR.

Yeah, I considered it for a half second before seeing the famitsu snippet. The other two things could be part of an extraordinarily elaborate and far-fetched plot, but the famitsu one is impossible.

The only thing that does not make sense is Hardin doubling down on the date so close to this event. I'm not mad at him, but there's three possible assumptions here:

1. He just knew and lied

2. He didn't know, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense because at a certain point they'd have to start localization. He'd have to know that they were running out of time for Localization. We all assumed that it was going on simultaneously, which leads me to my third possible outcome:

3. The game is being currently localized and the delay has nothing to do with it because it occurred after localization started.

Top Bottom