• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

well, since everyone is now wearing pointy hats........ :)

tumblr_inline_nmptlmj5XD1t9x6qg_540.png

Where is this pic even from, golden animation?

artsi

3. The game is being currently localized and the delay has nothing to do with it because it occurred after localization started.

I thought about this option and that maybe the localization was already on track for 2015 release, but for some reason Japan suddenly decided they want to add even more content or had some technical problems (with PS4?) which caused the delay.

Because it still doesn't make sense why would John come all the way to NeoGAF and say it's coming in 2015, if he knew that it didn't. It's not like he was interviewed and was forced to say something.

cbq

This trailer was already very spoiler heavy. What are they going to show for the next ~10 months? Aside from how the cooperation work. More characters and their personas? More dungeons? More cutscenes?
Unless Atlus will again ignore it most of the time.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Does that mean that you hate every protagonist we've had so far safe for Maya, Aigis and FeMC?
So you prefer playing females rather than males and you hat this MC because he is a male ?
Not exactly. Though I liked FeMc over the overs you've mention. (Never played Persona before three.)

I want to see another one in these games, that's all.

I'm just bitter that the game has my favorite color scheme but not the kind of protag I'd like to play as.

FluxWaveZ

This trailer was already very spoiler heavy. What are they going to show for the next ~10 months? Aside from how the new social links work. More characters and their personas? More dungeons? More cutscenes?

Very spoiler heavy? Hashino is aiming for this to be the longest Persona game yet (though I can't imagine more than P3, it has to be about P4's length). I think that trailer barely scratches the surface of what this game is about.

Lunar15

I thought about this option and that maybe the localization was already on track for 2015 release, but for some reason Japan suddenly decided they want to add even more content or had some technical problems (with PS4?) which caused the delay.

Because it still doesn't make sense why would John come all the way to NeoGAF and say it's coming in 2015, if he knew that it didn't. It's not like he was interviewed and was forced to say something.

To be fair, I only remember him saying it when asked, save for the avatar bet.

This trailer was already very spoiler heavy. What are they going to show for the next ~10 months? Aside from how the new social links work. More characters and their personas? More dungeons? More cutscenes?

We have like zero context for most of those scenes. Look at all the spoilers that were in the P3 announcement trailer: Aside from, just, like, entire chunks of gameplay, it has stuff like
Aigis fighting what's his face, the MC being crucified, Chidori dying, several scenes from right before the final battle, etc, etc.

Very spoiler heavy? Hashino is aiming for this to be the longest Persona game yet (though I can't imagine more than P3, it has to be about P4's length). I think that trailer barely scratches the surface of what this game is about.

If this is supposed to be the longest...

Nope. Just had the crazy idea that the P5MC's 16 cause you go through two years this time. Beyond stupid idea.

Makio

going to show for the next ~10 months? Aside from how the cooperation work. More characters and their personas? More dungeons? More cutscenes?

This or the delay is going to be shorter , i see them going to silence until we begin the full campaign again 4 months before release.

And how many trailers this game is going to have like 5 -6 previews video , plus the 2 teaser trailers from earlier , and maybe character trailers too....

At least Persona 5 will finally get that e3 presence, next year
:(
Wow I turned on avatars for the first time after turning them off during E3 and my whole world changed.
I recognize most people by their avatars, and not their names. Needless to say this avatar bet has gotten be a bit confused.

Like, we still know basically nothing about any of these characters, why they do what they do (even on a superficial level), the battle system, the actual plot, etc, etc.

Plus you know at least two weeks of preview content will be about DLC.

The thought of P5 being longer than P3 is almost scary.

When developers talk about game length is it largely meaningless, but I would certainly hope P5 has a lot of compelling side material, compared to, say, P3.

Like, remember in the Before Times, when RPGs would occasionally have one or two kinda meaty side quests? Like completely optional areas with their own little storylines and stuff, back before it was all "Collect 5 iron screws" or "Go back to this old dungeon and fight this one new boss that's there for no reason"? Wouldn't that be fun? Like, obviously P5 will have "Collect 5 iron screws" because it will be a game that came out in 2016, but wouldn't it be something if it had meaty side quests?

Like maybe the SLink characters will all have dungeons associated with them - not storyline dungeons, but side quests that you can delve into that'll let you learn a little bit more about them than you would normally in their SLinks.

QuadOpto

Welp, after looking through to see if anybody's used it yet, I've decided on this avatar.

...Will feel stupid if someone's already using it.

cbq

Yeah. Maybe it's just the impression I've got. The length is probably partially due to the amount of stuff we can do in the "free time" (basing on the mini map). Maybe the callendar sytem is revamped, or some things just won't use up time. (or most of them are just minor things)

We have like zero context for most of those scenes. Look at all the spoilers that were in the P3 announcement trailer: Aside from, just, like, entire chunks of gameplay, it has stuff like
Aigis fighting what's his face, the MC being crucified, Chidori dying, several scenes from right before the final battle, etc, etc.
In persona terms these would be severe spoilers :p I'm glad they aren't doing this anymore. I've just got the impression they don't want to spoil too much, and most of what we saw was form beginnig of the game. I just don't want them to start showing events that will come later, I guess.

Sophia

Yeah, I considered it for a half second before seeing the famitsu snippet. The other two things could be part of an extraordinarily elaborate and far-fetched plot, but the famitsu one is impossible.

The only thing that does not make sense is Hardin doubling down on the date so close to this event. I'm not mad at him, but there's three possible assumptions here:

1. He just knew and lied

2. He didn't know, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense because at a certain point they'd have to start localization. He'd have to know that they were running out of time for Localization. We all assumed that it was going on simultaneously, which leads me to my third possible outcome:

3. The game is being currently localized and the delay has nothing to do with it because it occurred after localization started.

The answer is very likely the second one. PR Managers are told what they need to know, and not much more. As funny as the "Hardin Lied" meme is, he's too much of a nice dude for it to be the first one.

Squire

Banned
The answer is very likely the second one. PR Managers are told what they need to know, and not much more. As funny as the "Hardin Lied" meme is, he's too much of a nice dude for it to be the first one.

It's kinda sad most people would so readily assume the opposite. John interacts with us fairly often on a pretty casual basis. That's honestly much more than most PR Managers can say.

I'm honestly scared he's gonna get sacked because of this whole fisaco...

That's even less likely than P5 releasing in 2015.

I'm honestly scared he's gonna get sacked because of this whole fisaco...

cj_iwakura

Anyone who thinks about it rationally knows John's not to blame. It's no different than Tom reassuring us about Trails 2nd. It's game development, things happen. Especially in the localization process, and we're waiting on both.

Lunar15

I believe option 3, quite frankly. It's the only one that makes sense, unless I seriously overestimate how long it takes to localize a game.

I don't think #hardinlied.

Top Bottom