• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Makio

Amazed how Anne as grow in me as character in a couple of days , in the first trailers it was like "yeah yeah she is the girl this time ... cool" but now i love her artwork , personality (at least we see so far) and really liked her Persona design.

But still The Phantom's Arsene still my favorite .. that badass persona.

Setsu00

That Pirate though.

Honestly, it's hard to pick a favorite among the Personas when your selection includes a
skeleton pirate, a smoking woman in a nice dress, a demonic crow with a tophat and, a muscular cat version of Zorro and a kabuki guy with an Elvis hairdo

No. They never actually said it would be at TGS, just "Soon." Well, I guess John hinted at it being at TGS, but #Hardinlied.

Probably a separate event in a month or two.

Dantis

I think Arsene's design is excellent, but I really dislike the others.

I've didn't really like many of the P4 Personas either though, so it's not that surprising.

Arsene is very P2 though.

cj_iwakura

I've didn't really like many of the P4 Personas either though, so it's not that surprising.

They all kind of have a bulky look to them apart from Arsene, it's kind of why a lot of P4's look so awkward. P2's are all human.

Weird, but human.

Lunar15

P5's are definitely goofy, except for Arsene. I like 'em though.

They definitely found the right kind of singer. I'm really happy about this, even if there's something about the opening song that doesn't quite grab me.

Y'know, everyone thought they'd go with another bubbly pop singer, but here we are.

QuadOpto

It's a toss-up between Zorro and Blue-Hair's for me (for favorite new one). I think they'll look even better when we ge the actual art for them.

...Which reminds me. They really didn't show off Arsene at all in-game. Maybe because his awakening is completely an anime cutscene? Awakenings seemed to be what they were going for, in regards to them summoning in the trailer.

P3's had a sort of mechanical theme to it, P4's looked like a group of sentai fighters, P5's? To me, they look kind of like comic book/cartoon characters. They definitely look more human-ish.

Jintor

that plague doctor flying wings thing arsene has going is sick.

can't say i'm a fan of anne's but blondie's is in the great camp of junpei/yosuke's "fuck it this looks COOL AS SHIT to a 17 year old doofus" and I'm in that.

Morgana's is pretty cool

blondie's is in the great camp of junpei/yosuke's "fuck it this looks COOL AS SHIT to a 17 year old doofus" and I'm in that.

That's what I like the most about the designs in this series, it's not "What can we make that looks good", but more along the lines of "What can we make that will fit perfectly with this particular character".

And so far, they seem to nail it every time.

Also, in regards to the singer, she's pretty fantastic.

Her English is probably the best of the bunch (not including LJ), and her voice sounds like something from the 70's, I love it!

Sophia

They definitely found the right kind of singer. I'm really happy about this, even if there's something about the opening song that doesn't quite grab me.

Y'know, everyone thought they'd go with another bubbly pop singer, but here we are.

I listened to to the instrumental too much. That + a ton of jazz music means I knew full well what kind of voice to expect.

Dantis

The only thing is that I'm vaguely frustrated that Meguro has removed the guitars from the opening.

I mean, I know that's what he always does when he creates instrumental/vocal versions, because he uses guitars in place of vocals a lot of the time, but still, I really like the guitars. :(

Makio

Gotta to give credit to Atlus that opening is edited so well it almost make me believe the game only have 5 party members. (Specially the last skating part)

But since Morgana kinda confirm there are more "phantom thieves" in Twitter , wonder how many characters are left and when we are going to know them.

Was a fun week ... now until April - May when maybe we get something again

PD: Im surprised Atlus didnt announce any persona spinoff ...

But there's stuff in Famitsu

so be hyped for Tuesday.

But yeah, with the delay I expect a website revamp soon, but then we'll probably see another gap in P5 news for a while.

But there's stuff in Famitsu

so be hyped for Tuesday.

But yeah, with the delay I expect a website revamp soon, but then we'll probably see another gap in P5 news for a while.

It's not gonna happen, but I'm hoping for Soejima art of the party member personas. Names for them too.

That gap though is gonna be pretty tough to wait through. Well, as hard as waiting for a game can be, I guess.

Pachimari

At least the delay gives me more time to complete P3 and P4. Really love both, but I lost a 10 hours save from P4, so I'm gonna start over on PS TV.

Verder

Anyone else think

P5MC design changed a tad bit from the TGS 2014 trailer to the PV 1/2/3 trailers?
his face seems more masculine(ish) now.

cj_iwakura

Thank you for reminding me about the SQQ! I guess I'll do that one then.

I got so damn lucky against the final boss. Elly and Brown had Personas that were immune to its attacks(while the other three went down like paper), and they just wailed on it for like half an hour.

MSMrRound

Anne as grow in me as character in a couple of days , in the first trailers it was like "yeah yeah she is the girl this time ... cool"

Same here...then PV03 happened and almost at the same time, my Persona-loving colleagues and me all went "HOLY SHIT! She's voiced by Mizuki Nana!" and instantly went up in my list.

I like that we saw more of her personality, which was better than what I had expected. Next Famitsu issue/Summer 2016 can't come any sooner.

Also just to clarify...it's next week's issue of Famitsu that will have the Soejima illustrated cover?

Nimby

Banned
Well, my media blackout lasted, what, two days? That trailer was sooooo good, the delay just got even more painful to deal with.

Aesthetics on point, gameplay looks like a very welcome departure, music is great, and I'm already in love with the cast. Just let me pre order this already.......

Might as well give up. I said "media blackout" after the first trailer and well, you can see how well that held up
Maybe next trailer????

Pachimari

If I have to rank the designs of the characters, then I would say, that I like the designs of P3 and P4 more than P5, but the main character itself is the coolest to me, followed by P3MC and then P4MC.

Nimby

Banned
If I have to rank the designs of the characters, then I would say, that I like the designs of P3 and P4 more than P5, but the main character itself is the coolest to me, followed by P3MC and then P4MC.

Design rankings? Hard to chose my favorite but I'll say P2 for now, but P5 is pretty close. I really dig the thief outfits.

P2 >(?) P5 > P3 > P4 = P1

El Aleph

Banned
Is it me, or do those spindly legs on the P5 characters look a bit...strange? I know the Japanese tend to be thin on average, as were the party members in the previous Persona games, but I can't help looking at the bodies of Potter/Ryuji/Ann and thinking they really need to eat a sandwich.

Or maybe they were always like that and I just never thought much of it because the in-game portraits usually only show them from the waist up? I just looked at the full body designs for P2/P3/P4 characters and they're slightly thinner than I remembered, but it's not as conspicuous as it is with the P5 characters.

Top Bottom