• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Sophia

And an anime, apparently.

The game is a year out and they're already doing that.

First time in a long time my faith in Atlus has been shaken.

Kind of odd for your faith to be shaken. It's more than what we all expected.

The anime is implied to be like an OVA one shot too btw. Not a full series.

Zolo

And an anime, apparently.

The game is a year out and they're already doing that.

First time in a long time my faith in Atlus has been shaken.

There's merchandising done plenty of times for movies that are planned to come out. Based on the sales of the previous games, it's easy to already see Persona 5 will be some category of a success, so it makes sense to go ahead and get all the merchandising prepared this time.

There's merchandising done plenty of times for movies that are planned to come out. Based on the sales of the previous games, it's easy to already see Persona 5 will be some category of a success, so it makes sense to go ahead and get all the merchandising prepared this time.

Kind of odd for your faith to be shaken. It's more than what we all expected.

The anime is implied to be like an OVA one shot too btw. Not a full series.

Perhaps I exaggerated - it's more like a sensation of confusion. The game is so far off yet it's already going to have an anime production?

The fact that it's likely an OVA helps but still, I really rather leave that stuff for AFTER the game has been in our hands for a while.

aibaby

Neo Member
Don't know if this is the right place to ask it, but... who's the guy in white with clean hair? In the trailer he's like opposing the main protagonist, but in the OP video just now it looked like he was part of the "team" during the dancing and stuff.

Sophia

Perhaps I exaggerated - it's more like a sensation of confusion. The game is so far off yet it's already going to have an anime production?

The fact that it's likely an OVA helps but still, I really rather leave that stuff for AFTER the game has been in our hands for a while.

It's a good marketing tool as long as the anime doesn't come out long before the game. The fact that it's likely an OVA means it'll be high quality too. :D

kiyoaki

It'd make sense for the anime to be a prequel of sorts. I mean, nobody will want to get the game's story spoiled for them before it's even released.

Lusankya

Man, the new singer is really good. Although I wonder how she will do during the more traditional Meguro songs, e.g. the (mid) boss battle theme we heard on thursday.

They still didn't show the whole opening and cut out when the other characters would have been showed, lol. When I saw PV01 I noticed the weird cut between MC's and Anne's skating segment, so blue haired guy actually shows his performance there.

kiyoaki

I have to admit I only understood like 15% of the opening theme's lyrics. Liked the singer though. I'd like to see a transcription.

Lusankya

God damn, hearing that opening theme made me realize how much this delay hurts.

Well, there is still a lot left to show in the mean time.
E.g. character profiles of the other characters, the new Social Link system, other new gameplay elements, etc.

Although I assume they will wait until the beginning of next year to show more of the game.

84X

Banned
The opening is amazing and uh...

2QRA2SD.jpg

I'm not declaring it a bingo because I had to move goalposts on some, but I'm amazed how well I did for being facetious.

Lunar15

Well, there is still a lot left to show in the mean time.
E.g. character profiles of the other characters, the new Social Link system, other new gameplay elements, etc.

Although I assume they will wait until the beginning of next year to show more of the game.

I'm pretty much going on blackout. They've shown a pretty hefty portion of this game already in my opinion.

Sophia

Preliminary listen. Missing a lot of spots, and they're certainly wrong in many spots. Feel free to help out but remember to put the lyrics in spoilers if you do!

For one night
I'm a count to think
Maybe I'm not here at all
Reckon the makers
??? as the lights
??? break us all ???

Ah, it's useless.
What could it mean we're here?
Can we make a difference?
If we don't break out of here?

Wake up, get up, get out there.
???
Feel the rhyme ???
By the storm ???
Just imagine you're out there.
Swatting (?) lies in a maker (?)
Can't look fast, we're brekain
If you hold on life one chain

Sophia

The Persona 5 singer is exactly what I wanted and imagined from the theme song. Her voice is absolute perfect in every way. Way to go Atlus.

QuadOpto

Welp, I'm glad I didn't raise my delirious optimism out of check this time! also glad to finally get a hear of what the new vocalist for P5 will sound like. it's actually close to what I imagined the song would sound like with vocals(though for some reason I always imagined it with a male singer this time around)!

That wait sure stings now, but just gotta live with it. The one good thing about it is that it's forced me to come to a decision on whether to wait to get a PS4 for P5 or not. I'm just gonna get one now, rather than wait for a hypothetical bundle in the summer. Really good since I have my birthday coming up.

Preliminary listen. Missing a lot of spots, and they're certainly wrong in many spots. Feel free to help out but remember to put the lyrics in spoilers if you do!

For one night
I'm a count to think
Reckon the makers
??? as the lights
??? break us all ???

Ah, it's useless.

???
Feel the rhyme ???
By the storm ???

I suck at hearing words correctly in songs, but for some reason I hear Line 6 as
"The bringers of the soul", or, "To bring us all the soul".
Probably wrong though.

For one night
I'm a count to think
Reckon the makers
??? as the lights
??? break us all ???

Ah, it's useless.

???
Feel the rhyme ???
By the storm ???
I agree with a lot of yours, but I'm also hearing:

Who am I ?
I'm about to think
Look, ???? Lightning
??? as the lights
??? breaks up our resolve

Ah, it's useless.
What could it mean if we're here?

raise our voice ???
?????
Like a slow burn it won't change (?)
Can't miove fast, without breaking
If you hold on life won't change
[/QUOTE]

arue

Some gif images from the stream.
http://i.imgur.com/Pqv0130.gif
http://i.imgur.com/12NoGGG.gif
http://i.imgur.com/uqN5LHv.gif (credits to Style)

The Persona 5 singer is exactly what I wanted and imagined from the theme song. Her voice is absolute perfect in every way. Way to go Atlus.
Yeah. I was in awe that she actually matches my expectations. I can't wait for the full OP.

That 40-hour livestream was worth it to me. So many P5 stuff compared to the previous ones (obviously because there's no more spin-offs to be shown).

Sophia

I agree with a lot of yours, but I'm also hearing:

Who am I ?
I'm about to think
Look, ???? Lightning
??? as the lights
??? breaks up our resolve

Ah, it's useless.
What could it mean if we're here?

raise our voice ???
?????
Like a slow burn it won't change (?)
Can't miove fast, without breaking
If you hold on life won't change

Good ear, Star. A lot of those sound correct. I've updated mine.

I love the bridge lyrics right before the chorus. It fits the theme of Persona 5 so perfectly.

This is what I have now:

Who am I?
I'm about to think
Maybe I'm not here at all...
Reckon the makers
??? as the lights
??? break us all resolve

Ah, it's useless.