• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Mediking

;___;

H-h-hows it going, guys?

I'm no longer angry but the fact that you guys lost the cool Valentine's Day advertising is really a shame. It was genius and the delay killed it. My excitement for the game has also taken a huge hit but I'm still hanging on.

PK Gaming

Thanks for the dual audio.

Does the extra VA'ing mean that only the English version will have additional voiced lines, or will the Japanese version be getting more voiced lines too?

Good question.

Also, Xseed tried to add extra voice acting to Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2, but couldn't due to programming issues. Will you be able to overcome that hurdle?

I'm no longer angry but the fact that you guys lost the cool Valentine's Day advertising is really a shame. It was genius and the delay killed it. My excitement for the game has also taken a huge hit but I'm still hanging on.
Dual audio tho. Dual audio!

Also April is closer to Spring Break so I'll actually have time to play, lol.

hughesta

Banned
English VA is amazing, script looks great... I dont even have a problem with the font anymore. Two more months is a tough pill to swallow, but Q1 is so packed I'm sure I'll do just fine.

Dugna

something I kinda wondered with the font on the text, why didn't the locaization team go with something less clean? Like most of the text in the japanese version has this kinda ransom note kinda style to it...while from what we have seen in the stream they went more clean and straight.

After watching the stream on a real monitor, the English version looks great. And I really really like Ryuji's voice actor, which I didn't expect to based on that initial English trailer. He does a great job in the game, and his Captain Kidd is amazing!

Morgana's actor is pretty good too, and I had the same concerns initially.

Anne's I'm not as big a fan of, but that's more due to her voice than the acting, and I don't think it's bad or anything.

Joker's voice actor is really great. I was expecting awesomeness out of him after he was one of the best actors in Apocalypse. Can't wait to hear his Arsene.

And that RAVAGE HIM really took me by surprise. Dude has a lot of rage.

The script looks really good so far, too.

PK Gaming

Persona 5 does an amazing job of making the protagonist actually feel like he's there.

From the colorful dialogue options, the various sound clips ("Focus...!", "RAVAGE them", etc) and his cocky demeanor, the P5 protag oozes character despite not technically have one.

Genuinely impressed by Atlus, they really stepped up their game in all regards.

Dugna

Persona 5 does an amazing job of making the protagonist actually feel like he's there.

From the colorful dialogue options, the various sound clips ("Focus...!", "RAVAGE them", etc) and his cocky demeanor, the P5 protag oozes character despite not technically have one.

The pose that the P5 Protag does as he switches personas makes even the most mundane of personas awesome to mess with..

I give 0 fucks about Day 1 dual audio, or am I going to be able to play the demo so..lol. It's kind of just a huge fuck you I feel like. Like, they actually fucked this localization up bad.

I give 0 fucks about Day 1 dual audio, or am I going to be able to play the demo so..lol. It's kind of just a huge fuck you I feel like. Like, they actually fucked this localization up bad.

It sounds more like consolation for ANOTHER delay after running to an unexpected hurdle, and for that, I understand and appreciate the gesture.

And I say that as someone who also gives zero fucks about dual audio.

It sounds more like consolation for ANOTHER delay after running to an unexpected hurdle, and for that, I understand and appreciate the gesture.

And I say that as someone who also gives zero fucks about dual audio.

For sure. I agree that the blow is being softened and logically I know Japanese audio can't be the entire cause (unless that theory about 6 month between US and Japanese releases for JP audio in the delay thread is correct) I just feel like.. None of the blow softening helps me, lol. I won't be at the Playstation experience, I wasn't going to sit there listening to audio I can't understand for 80 hours, I did get the PS4 theme but why is it only up for 24 hours anyway??? So for people like me it's just like:
"cool? thanks for pushing my preorder up right next to a Kingdom Hearts game."

Mediking

Dual audio tho. Dual audio!

Also April is closer to Spring Break so I'll actually have time to play, lol.

My hype for Persona 5 has taken a hit. I keep saying this but dodging spoilers is annoying and tedious. I'm getting tired of doing it but I feel like I'm gonna lose something magical if I spoil so thats why I hardly look at actual P5 footage. I'm literally walking the same path I did for Xenoblade Chronicles X. So much hype. No spoilers. Ending up hating the game because I did not get what I expected. I dont think I'm gonna end up hating P5 though....

In other words, I was really pumped for FEBRUARY and now I'm sadly waiting till April.

Congrats on your dual audio.

Jintor

my advice is to totally restructure your life so you don't realise that time is flitting by like crazy while you do other stuff on the side like worry about the world ending or budgeting

Mediking

that's no solace for the delay... I won't even download it

I think the real truth is that the Japanese voice DLC isn't the full reason why P5 got delayed.... again. There must've been some localization issues going on. Maybe there's so much text that they need more time or translating certain stuff to western audiences while staying true to the original release.... which requires alotta time.

That's my suspicion.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
I think the real truth is that the Japanese voice DLC isn't the full reason why P5 got delayed.... again. There must've been some localization issues going on. Maybe there's so much text that they need more time or translating certain stuff to western audiences while staying true to the original release.... which requires alotta time.

That's my suspicion.

This was made pretty clear. Atlus USA's CEO specifically stated the delay is so they can double down on the localization quality and do more recording. Hardin himself mentioned the reason that they are able to do dual audio DLC on day one is due to the delay, but not in any way the cause of it.

If I had to hazard a guess, I think Atlus USA underestimated the amount of content in the game. Since they announced the February release date back at E3, and it really didn't seem like they had the game then, making it tough to evaluate just how much work it'll be to localize. But that's pure speculation.

Honestly, I can't even bring myself to get mad about the delay. It is what it is and it certainly isn't the first one. You can survive those six grueling weeks, I believe in you!

That's my suspicion.
As much as I usually don't I'm going to take them by their word that the delay is to focus on localization improvements. the dual audio adds testing and implementation time, but I assume atlus JP will be handling most of that since USA doesnt have developers that I'm aware of.

But still after all these delays one more delay is just frustrating, and japanese voice over DLC is no solace considering I find it less than irrelevant

Yeah, I really like all his extra voice work and the thought bubbles and more expressive animations. It's a big improvement.

asagami_

Banned
I was already aware someone have Walter voice actor from Shin Megami Tensei IV, but I didn't remember was Yusuke. I don't know much about Yusuke really, but the actor is really good.

Makoto...sounds too nice to me. But when I know her in the game I will judge properly.

Morgana is oficially Airi Ban 2.0 to me.

I love it.

Damn, i'm sorry you have to go through that. My condolences.

Sorry for your loss.

My condolences to you.

Yeah, ditto, Silent.

Thanks, guys. Really appreciate it.

Dugna

I was re-watching Yusuke's trailer, and am I crazy, or did they forget a word in one of his voiced lines?

"You will fully taste the wrath of those who have (been) preyed upon by you."

It's a mouthful of a line either way, but without that "been," I don't think the sentence even makes sense unless you ditch the "by." Do that, though, and the meaning completely changes.

yeah it sounded weird, thats why I think those extra lines and redubbing are being done, so they can make some of those lines make more sense.

I was re-watching Yusuke's trailer, and am I crazy, or did they forget a word in one of his voiced lines?

It's a mouthful of a line either way, but without that "been," I don't think the sentence even makes sense unless you ditch the "by." Do that, though, and the meaning completely changes.

holy shit you're right O_O

yeah it sounded weird, thats why I think those extra lines and redubbing are being done, so they can make some of those lines make more sense.

"Those who were preyed upon by you." The pronunciation is mumbled a bit.

Setsu00

I THINK he's saying "You will fully taste the wrath of those who are preyed upon by you."

But then again I'm not a native speaker so maybe I got it wrong.

"You will fully taste the wrath of those who are preyed upon by you" is what I think he's saying, which does make sense.

edit: lol, beaten twice.

Top Bottom