• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Sophia

That Persona 5 seems to be a pretty amazing game too. :O

The best news though, is that you're just in time for Persona 5.

We've been waiting for a g e s

Remember the old Persona Series Story and Spoilers thread that came out after Arena? Oh how things have changed. That was four years ago too!

Mediking

This is way too accurate to how I feel right now. I feel immense satisfaction coupled with simultaneous emptiness.

"Your Affection...." Lol I love that song.

What's your thoughts on Adachi?

You wanna talk about feeling shook and empty after a game? You guys should've seen my reaction to the end of Persona 3 FES. Life changed ever since then.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
"Your Affection...." Lol I love that song.

What's your thoughts on Adachi?

I thought the Adachi
twist was handled really well, built up great tension. You could have seen it coming if you knew what to look for, but even then it was still a decent surprise, but not as much of a surprise as the Izanami stuff. I started getting weird vibes from him as soon as I noticed how he kept saying "oh dear i've said too much" right before we'd catch a big break or something major happened. Also seeing all those options about how "we're missing something" during the Namatame hospital room scene really made Adachi feel like a very obvious suspect a bit too early on though but that might just be me. Still, it was a great twist especially since his motive was extremely well tied to his Arcana. Also The Almighty is easily the best boss theme in the game, even better than Genesis.

The music in this game is so good it makes me wannna pick up Dancing All Night like right now.

HELP!

I've encountered a save bug in Persona 4: Golden on a Vita Slim, but I'm still in game, rather than trying to access my game.

It's the "Save Failed" thing, where all of my save slots are empty, and it won't let me save on any of them. I'm playing the digital version, and my cloud saves probably updated last night? I'm too concerned to close the game to check my Content Manager though; lest I be locked out, and lose everything.

Any ideas? I'm 56 hours in, just starting the
Naoto Rescue
on 09/17. If I leave my Vita in rest mode and just never exit the game, will I be good? I'll do it if that's the difference from losing 56 hours, but also just want this to be fixed...

Is there any way to access my saves on a PC without closing the game?

HELP!!!

Edit: I just disabled auto uploading cloud saves, so it won't save over what's there with blank files...

QCRCW.jpg

WHY MUST I ALWAYS BE REMINDED OF MY MISTAKES OTL

Mediking

I thought the Adachi
twist was handled really well, built up great tension. You could have seen it coming if you knew what to look for, but even then it was still a decent surprise, but not as much of a surprise as the Izanami stuff. I started getting weird vibes from him as soon as I noticed how he kept saying "oh dear i've said too much" right before we'd catch a big break or something major happened. Also seeing all those options about how "we're missing something" during the Namatame hospital room scene really made Adachi feel like a very obvious suspect a bit too early on though but that might just be me. Still, it was a great twist especially since his motive was extremely well tied to his Arcana. Also The Almighty is easily the best boss theme in the game, even better than Genesis.

The music in this game is so good it makes me wannna pick up Dancing All Night like right now.

I dislike Adachi more than people dislike "Senpai! Notice me!!!" Rise.

But yeah. I understand what you're coming from with him.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I dislike Adachi more than people dislike "Senpai! Notice me!!!" Rise.

But yeah. I understand what you're coming from with him.

Yeah I mean I think the main issue with Adachi is that
the gap between finding out he was the real villain and the end of the game is like nothing, to the point that he almost feels like a twist for the sake of it. I read that the vanilla game ended just after december and golden adds those 2 more months of game time before the true ending. If the game jumped right from IT WAS ADACHI ALL ALONG to BUT IT WAS ACTUALLY IZANAMI that quickly it might have greatly diminished the impact more than feeling like legit surprise so I'm glad golden pads the time out a bit more. Those two months really let you feel like it's all over and you've totally let your guard down and just started to get all emotional about the gaming closing out only for the game to hit you with an OH SHIT moment that actually feels deserved.

Edit: Also Naoto best girl and the only thing Rise had going for her was a really high quality Voice Actress.

This is way too accurate to how I feel right now. I feel immense satisfaction coupled with simultaneous emptiness.

Hey, at least you've got actual stuff to do on NG+ other than try and fill out your trophies.

Edit: Also Naoto best girl and the only thing Rise had going for her was a really high quality Voice Actress.

Laura Bailey saved Rise for me.

Okay, maybe that's a bit too strong...

Salvaged?

PK Gaming

You're new here so i'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt

But if you ever throw Rise under the bus for a bottom tier character like Naoto

tumblr_n3oc9415lW1rz1zo5o3_500.gif

Well. We. Will. Have. Words.

Hey, at least you've got actual stuff to do on NG+ other than try and fill out your trophies.

Laura Bailey saved Rise for me.

Okay, maybe that's a bit too strong...

Salvaged?

86hymo9.gif

You're right. I'm being unfair.

It's only fair for a girl introduced in a drink commercial to suffer from severe and constant thirst.

I still don't have as much beef with her as I do with Aigis, and I've even warmed up to her.

PK Gaming

Waifu wars. Waifu wars never changes.

bitchesandwhores.jpg

It's not about the waifu wars man. I just get a little annoyed when people bag on who is arguably the strongest character in the P4 cast.

It's only fair for a girl introduced in a drink commercial to suffer from severe and constant thirst.

I still don't have as much beef with her as I do with Aigis, and I've even warmed up to her.

Mediking

Heh, maybe you're not so bad after all

Yeah I mean I think the main issue with Adachi is that
the gap between finding out he was the real villain and the end of the game is like nothing, to the point that he almost feels like a twist for the sake of it. I read that the vanilla game ended just after december and golden adds those 2 more months of game time before the true ending. If the game jumped right from IT WAS ADACHI ALL ALONG to BUT IT WAS ACTUALLY IZANAMI that quickly it might have greatly diminished the impact more than feeling like legit surprise so I'm glad golden pads the time out a bit more. Those two months really let you feel like it's all over and you've totally let your guard down and just started to get all emotional about the gaming closing out only for the game to hit you with an OH SHIT moment that actually feels deserved.

Rise has substance. Adachi is a blatant clown (and not in a good way)... in my opinion.

I can't
forgive him because he literally shot a gun at Yu

I honestly really like
Adachi
as a character, but (surprise surprise) I felt
his return in Ultimax
did
his
character a disservice for fanservice.

jzbluz

I don't even remember what I felt for
Adachi
since it's been so long since I first play the game, but someone at Atlus certainly seems to love him and his
popularity among other fujos is a bit perplexing/annoying.

I don't even remember what I felt for
Adachi
since it's been so long since I first play the game, but someone at Atlus certainly seems to love him and his
popularity among other fujos is a bit perplexing/annoying.

Yeah, that too.

... along with other types that won't be mentioned.

Mediking

But....
that commercial with Rise was a mixture of dumb fanservice but it really shows how she was getting abused as a idol

I'm gonna sound really dumb if my memory of Rise's social link revealing that
she doesn't really wanna be a idol but she has to now because she can't let her fans down
is wrong.

Send me to Tartarus if wrong.

If you mean Ikkutsuki then LOL

If you mean Strega then LMAO

If you mean Nyx then "that's not a villain"

And Super Guido is pretty solid, but not Adachi tier imo

Well, it can't be Erebus, cause it's literally just despair personified. It has no character at all.

But wait! What about H-hahahahaaaaa...

But....
that commercial with Rise was a mixture of dumb fanservice but it really shows how she was getting abused as a idol

I'm gonna sound really dumb if my memory of Rise's social link revealing that
she doesn't really wanna be a idol but she has to now because she can't let her fans down
is wrong.

Send me to Tartarus if wrong.

That's just me trying to be clever. Don't think too much about it.

asagami_

Banned
Adachi
is arguably Persona's greatest antagonist

c07c28b2f57bc12ec07d947c8877bfe7.gif

What funny way to name the Joker :p

OXo47Ph.png

Well this thread is titled "SPOILER TAGS OR DIE"…

(Speaking of, that was stolen from the Trails commu thread, right? Can someone explain that to me?)

I don't why or how was chosen, but should be a reference about the ongoing story in the Kiseki saga which it's told across multiple games. Even the hardcore fans don't know all the secrets and they (and every Kiseki fans who are waiting the english translations) are waiting to discover someday how the final grand arc will develop itself.

QuadOpto

Well, there's that P4 spinoff that's heavily dependent on a plot thread from P3...
The one where the villain isn't not one, but TWO nameless sequel hooks.

Oh-OHHHHHH

....Don't most people consider him like the worst villain in the series for being practically a dumbed-down version of Nyarlathotep? (I...kinda only played the P4 side of Ultimax. Never worked up the drive to actually do the other episodes after that.)

Actually what is the lamest/least well-executed villain from 1 to 4(spinoffs included)? Honestly don't even know what P4 Dancing's was

Oh-OHHHHHH

....Don't most people consider him like the worst villain in the series for being practically a dumbed-down version of Nyarlathotep? (I...kinda only played the P4 side of Ultimax. Never worked up the drive to actually do the other episodes after that.)

Actually what is the lamest/least well-executed villain from 1 to 4(spinoffs included)? Honestly don't even know what P4 Dancing's was

I also see his design as basically being Erebus on fire. (Not exactly disproven, since you never see his second half...)

DAN...
What about DAN? :/

As far as villains, I'd say I hate Sho the most due to him being even more grating than Takaya in a much shorter span of time. Not to mention the game wanting me to sympathize with him.

Dantis

Rise is fine, but her design is weaksauce as heck and her participation in both story and social scenes is often awkward and bad.

There's character there, but it's hidden under "NOTICE ME SENPAI".

Mediking

Rise is fine, but her design is weaksauce as heck and her participation in both story and social scenes is often awkward and bad.

There's character there, but it's hidden under "NOTICE ME SENPAI".

She's like Yukari. I know people who don't like Yukari but I'm like... "You do know why Yukari IS the way she is right?" And Yukari is a
awesome tsundere! Lol

Same thing with Rise. She has substance and reasoning behind who she is. Just gotta find out.

She's like Yukari. I know people who don't like Yukari but I'm like... "You do know why Yukari IS the way she is right?" And Yukari is a
awesome tsundere! Lol

Same thing with Rise. She has substance and reasoning behind who she is. Just gotta find out.

Rise is "like Yukari" in the same way that pretty much every other party member in the series is. Those two couldn't be more different.

One's incredibly open to an almost unsettling degree, the other's mistrustful to an almost unhealthy degree.

They're such opposites, they could've had their own sitcom!

Dantis

Rise is "like Yukari" in the same way that pretty much every other party member in the series is. Those two couldn't be more different.

One's incredibly open to an almost unsettling degree, the other's mistrustful to an almost unhealthy degree.

They're such opposites, they could've had their own sitcom!

Only half true. Most of Rise's shtick is a front because she likes to play a certain role.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

Hahaha, well in all seriousness I actually genuinely liked Rise but her clingyness to the protagonist got a bit annoying at times, even if I knew why she was that way. Her character arc was actually really solid. Honestly every time I started to think a character was boring, weak or uninteresting they would get a scene that would instantly endear them to me again.

Except for Saki's brother, I really just could not give a shit about him.

Hahaha, well in all seriousness I actually genuinely liked Rise but her clingyness to the protagonist got a bit annoying at times, even if I knew why she was that way. Her character arc was actually really solid. Honestly every time I started to think a character was boring, weak or uninteresting they would get a scene that would instantly endear them to me again.

I can certainly sympathize with him, but his resentfulness comes on way to strong at the start.

Lynx_7

It's not about the waifu wars man. I just get a little annoyed when people bag on who is arguably the strongest character in the P4 cast.
Hey, Rise fans are clearly people of good taste. Keep fighting the good fight.

I don't usually join these arguments but a Naoto fan criticising Rise's contributions to social scenes as awkward is pretty funny. That's like a chicken criticising a penguin for its inability to fly.
At least the penguin can swim

I'll admit I had to google who that was. I was so bad at time management when I played P4 most of the non-main cast social links remained incomplete in my file. Doesn't help that vanilla P4 has less months to work with. (but also less social links so I guess that's no excuse lol)

Top Bottom