• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Mediking

Code:
[IMG]https://j.gifs.com/mwX6jr.gif[/IMG]

Code:
[IMG]http://allgamesdelta.s-ul.eu/Wt45lpJj[/IMG]

Code:
[IMG]http://allgamesdelta.s-ul.eu/SmSUA1dS[/IMG]

Code:
[IMG]http://allgamesdelta.s-ul.eu/UaalGE66[/IMG]

• Really hope that blonde kid isn't the lead. He looks super young.... :(
  • Timeskip? Red hair girl has short red hair now? Or is that someone else?
  • We got a dog
  • Shirtless dude?
  • Eyepatch dude?
  • If it's not action based then this is prolly a Etrain Odysessy sucessor on PS4
  • Oh and one more thing...

We're fools

Persona enters the ring!

Code:
[IMG]http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/megamitensei/images/5/53/Fool-0.png/revision/latest?cb=20160404201043[/IMG]

Lol

Dantis

It's fun to speculate, but remember that this art is there to have a point to build towards, not finalise story and characters, so dn't stress over it. Soejima likewise drew concept art for Catherine that differed heavily from the final game. We just didn't see it until Venus Mode came out.

I do find it interesting that the original concept for P5 was to do with travelling the world, and now Hashino's new game appears to be about a journey. But then a journey is pretty typical for a fantasy RPG anyway.

Considering that action based was considered for P5 initially, that wouldn't be too surprising.

Dantis

With the way Catherine is, and the concept art for this, P5 really feels like the odd one out.

I genuinely wonder if Hashino felt obligated to make if a certain way due to both fan and investor expectations.

Sophia

With the way Catherine is, and the concept art for this, P5 really feels like the odd one out.

I genuinely wonder if Hashino felt obligated to make if a certain way due to both fan and investor expectations.

I doubt it. Soejima probably wanted it a specific way after they came up with the concept.

It actually sounds like Hashino has a lot of pull as far as what he makes at Atlus, if this new game implies anything.

The Project Re Fantasia song sounds like the Strange Journey boss theme.

Compare and Contrast. Which is good to me, because the boss theme in SJ was one of the stronger tracks in the game. (I actually really like the normal battle theme too because it's so over the top and dramatic, but like most RPG battle themes eventually it goes from "Wow I like this song" to "OH MY FREAKING GOD AGAIN WILL YOU PLEASE JUST LEAVE ME ALONE")

0886235108b8d8e4bce8900a3e3fd712619f.jpg

I bought Persona 4 Golden for Vita yesterday and might dive in over the holidays when I have free time. It feels like a bit of an investment of time from what I gather, so wondered if you had any tips/advice before I begin?

I bought Persona 4 Golden for Vita yesterday and might dive in over the holidays when I have free time. It feels like a bit of an investment of time from what I gather, so wondered if you had any tips/advice before I begin?

Just a heads-up, dialog scenes can drag on for a bit.

Also, spend as few days as possible in the dungeon, to allow yourself as much time as possible doing other activities. Case and point, if someone *suggests* going there just to get stronger, ignore them. That's an automatic message and happens even if you're stupidly overleveled.

Have fun!

Hey. Yo.

PersonaGAF.

Merry Christmas. You're all awesome. <3

And so are you, Sophia! ;D

After finishing FFXV and realising how much wasted potential there was, I'm kinda glad that Persona 5 was delayed so many times instead of hitting a set launch date by any means necessary.

Also, merry christmas fellow persona fans!

This is all ignoring how many times FFXV was delayed (even after that big event) and that we have confirmation of story DLC post-release, which can make it into a better work in the end.

Also, P5 hasn't come out here to be compared yet, so don't celebrate just yet. ;)

hohoXD123

After finishing FFXV and realising how much wasted potential there was, I'm kinda glad that Persona 5 was delayed so many times instead of hitting a set launch date by any means necessary.

Davilmar

I know this is off-topic, but I am honestly thinking about grabbing FFXV and was disappointed with another delay with Perosna 5. Heck, I even ordered the Premium edition and was initially psyched when I heart it was releasing two weeks early in Japan ahead of FFXV. Would you recommend the new FF game? I have heard a lot of things about the game on both sides.

hohoXD123

I know this is off-topic, but I am honestly thinking about grabbing FFXV and was disappointed with another delay with Perosna 5. Heck, I even ordered the Premium edition and was initially psyched when I heart it was releasing two weeks early in Japan ahead of FFXV. Would you recommend the new FF game? I have heard a lot of things about the game on both sides.
I thought overall it was fun, if you haven't been following it since vsXIII or didn't watch the prerelease trailers, the areas where they cut corners to hit the release date won't be as obvious.

The gameplay was fun, pulling off a successful combo can look very cool, but it has one of the worst implementations of magic and summons in the series imo. The story was barely serviceable for the most part with a decent ending. For characters, the villain was excellent, the main characters mostly lack depth though you do appreciate their relationships with each other enough to care about them. On the other hand, characters who were constantly shown in trailers and who obviously had major roles barely show up, significant events happen offscreen (watch Kingsglaive) like no other games I've played, sometimes to promote their upcoming DLC but often just because they had to hit that deadline. Revelations regarding some of the characters are barely explored at all. Some important plot points aren't mentioned in the game, instead you have to dig through the guidebook. Basically, it could have benefited greatly from an extra hour or two of cutscenes. Areas which look amazing in CGI cutscenes/concept art are either not explorable or you can only explore a tiny part of it. As I said, in light of all of that, I'm actually quite happy about the Persona 5 delays now.

Postgame is meant to be the best bit though I haven't delved too deeply in that yet.

Davilmar

I thought overall it was fun, if you haven't been following it since vsXIII or didn't watch the prerelease trailers, the areas where they cut corners to hit the release date won't be as obvious.

The gameplay was fun, pulling off a successful combo can look very cool, but it has one of the worst implementations of magic and summons in the series imo. The story was barely serviceable for the most part with a decent ending. For characters, the villain was excellent, the main characters mostly lack depth though you do appreciate their relationships with each other enough to care about them. On the other hand, characters who were constantly shown in trailers and who obviously had major roles barely show up, significant events happen offscreen (watch Kingsglaive) like no other games I've played, sometimes to promote their upcoming DLC but often just because they had to hit that deadline. Revelations regarding some of the characters are barely explored at all. Some important plot points aren't mentioned in the game, instead you have to dig through the guidebook. Basically, it could have benefited greatly from an extra hour or two of cutscenes. Areas which look amazing in CGI cutscenes/concept art are either not explorable or you can only explore a tiny part of it. As I said, in light of all of that, I'm actually quite happy about the Persona 5 delays now.

Postgame is meant to be the best bit though I haven't delved too deeply in that yet.

With the exception of the first three Final Fantasy games, I physically own every single Final Fantasy game from FFVI - FFXIII. I never played much of XI, and I played the original, and terrible version of XIV. I heard the revised version of the game is fantastic, but I never got to it. I remember the original trailers for vs XIII several years ago. When I saw the recent trailers for FFXV last year, I wasn't impressed. When I saw my friend play Episode Duscae, I didn't take kindly to the change in the battle system. Heck, I got into Shin Megami Tensei in part because of the older style JRPG gameplay that the newer FF games ditched. I did like what I have seen of the released combat system of FFXV, and I think it is a lot smoother. I am not surprised with the storyline, given how weak the narratives of the last games have been. Disappointed with the underwhelming summons and magic, given how big both components are.

Fuck it. I copped the game for $39. I have played every other major FF game that game before it, and I still have to finish Persona 3, Shin Megami Tensei IV, IV: Apocalypse and now Final Fantasy XV before Persona 5. I think I will have my hands full before April.

Mediking

Sorry for the late-ish Merry Christmas!!!!

But guess what, my friends????

WE'RE NEARING THE RELEASE!!! Time is about to fly, baby!

thenexus6

God sake I reached the point in Golden were you
have to run around like an asshole and speak to everyone in town on 12/05. I really don't like sections like this in the game as they take ages / never work properly.

hohoXD123

With the exception of the first three Final Fantasy games, I physically own every single Final Fantasy game from FFVI - FFXIII. I never played much of XI, and I played the original, and terrible version of XIV. I heard the revised version of the game is fantastic, but I never got to it. I remember the original trailers for vs XIII several years ago. When I saw the recent trailers for FFXV last year, I wasn't impressed. When I saw my friend play Episode Duscae, I didn't take kindly to the change in the battle system. Heck, I got into Shin Megami Tensei in part because of the older style JRPG gameplay that the newer FF games ditched. I did like what I have seen of the released combat system of FFXV, and I think it is a lot smoother. I am not surprised with the storyline, given how weak the narratives of the last games have been. Disappointed with the underwhelming summons and magic, given how big both components are.

Fuck it. I copped the game for $39. I have played every other major FF game that game before it, and I still have to finish Persona 4, Shin Megami Tensei IV, IV: Apocalypse and now Final Fantasy XV before Persona 5. I think I will have my hands full before April.
Fair enough, just remember to watch Kingsglaive, it explains a lot of the background which honestly should have been covered in the game itself.

Sorry for the late-ish Merry Christmas!!!!

But guess what, my friends????

WE'RE NEARING THE RELEASE!!! Time is about to fly, baby!
So close! Annoying that it's coming out near exams though, have to wait until June to play it :(

x711yj0.jpg

Famitsu would like to remind you that the Person 5 Official Design Works is hefty.

They also posted a preview of what's inside, so you can take a gander at that (don't worry, it doesn't contain any spoilers that weren't present in the trailers - and I'm using spoilers loosely because I know y'all are like, "I don't want to know anything about Persona 5 until it comes out")

Mediking

Another small thing I'm looking forward to Persona 5.... stuff like this:
Code:
[IMG]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81F9UyvFpsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg[/IMG]

Just the tiny detail of how everyone is looking and posing. I love stuff like that. I hope the settings change too.

It'd be cute to see Splatoon Girl (I keep forgetting her name) on her computer or Hana passing out drinks or Makoto laughing with Joker. I dunno. I just find stuff like that really cool.

Kinda like how you saw people chilling at the Iwa Dorm in P3 and the crew setting around Junes in P4.

Dantis

Another small thing I'm looking forward to Persona 5.... stuff like this:
Code:
[IMG]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81F9UyvFpsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg[/IMG]

Just the tiny detail of how everyone is looking and posing. I love stuff like that. I hope the settings change too.

It'd be cute to see Splatoon Girl (I keep forgetting her name) on her computer or Hana passing out drinks or Makoto laughing with Joker. I dunno. I just find stuff like that really cool.

Kinda like how you saw people chilling at the Iwa Dorm in P3 and the crew setting around Junes in P4.

Those hideout scenes are super cool. Really stylish and pretty.

Dantis

Who did you order with/what was the shipping cost on it? Thinking of importing from Amazon.

Amazon.

No idea on the shipping cost. I just kept hitting next, hahahaha.

I'll see if I can find the dispatch Email.

EDIT: Looks like it came to £100 total, but that's for the P5, Ultimax and P4GA art books. So it's probably not of much use to you.

Also worth noting that Amazon JP sent it to the wrong address. They just decided to slap LEEDS all over my address for no reason. Very weird. So I had to change both packages to the correct address on the DHL site.

Thanks for welcoming me with the great responses, guys.

I understood Persona 4 isn't a game I should have to grind if I'm playing on Normal difficulty or below.

Well, I'm on Normal and Shadow Mitsuo seems wholly unreasonable. I don't think I'm anywhere near a high enough level (hovering around 35, I think).

Does it have to rain for several days straight before the fog sets in? I'm thinking of spending a few in-game days just leveling...which isn't really what I wanted to have to do.

Unless there's a good strategy I'm not seeing.

Ugh, I was hoping not to hit any "brick wall" bosses, since the difficulty has been very manageable so far.

Okay gang. I'm back, and still stuck on Shadow Mitsuo.

I have the required personas to fuse Black Frost, but I'm not level 38 yet. Is Black Frost a surefire way to beat this thing? If so, what is my winning strategy with this persona, exactly?

I tried grinding the previous floor and got my ass handed to me. I feel like I'm somewhat weak and maybe should think about leveling.

Starting to wish I had taken my friend's advice and played this on Easy. Too bad I can't change difficulty levels anytime I want. Will Persona 5 give us the option?

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Starting to wish I had taken my friend's advice and played this on Easy. Too bad I can't change difficulty levels anytime I want. Will Persona 5 give us the option?

Yes. Unless you pick Safety, you can change the difficulty at any time. You can lower the game's difficulty to Safety as well, but once you do that you won't be able to change it again.

lilty

Amazon.

No idea on the shipping cost. I just kept hitting next, hahahaha.

I'll see if I can find the dispatch Email.

EDIT: Looks like it came to £100 total, but that's for the P5, Ultimax and P4GA art books. So it's probably not of much use to you.

Also worth noting that Amazon JP sent it to the wrong address. They just decided to slap LEEDS all over my address for no reason. Very weird. So I had to change both packages to the correct address on the DHL site.
That's pretty reasonable considering the size of the thing. Just ordered myself a copy; thanks!

Sophia

Okay gang. I'm back, and still stuck on Shadow Mitsuo.

I have the required personas to fuse Black Frost, but I'm not level 38 yet. Is Black Frost a surefire way to beat this thing? If so, what is my winning strategy with this persona, exactly?

I tried grinding the previous floor and got my ass handed to me. I feel like I'm somewhat weak and maybe should think about leveling.

What level are you? It sounds like you've rushed through the game. Also the strategy with Black Frost actually requires it to be level 43, because that's when it gets Fire Amp and Agidyne.

anything super cool looking that stands out?

A couple things:
It looks like thief costumes were added later - most of the initial drafts show the characters wearing scarves and some wearing hats.
Milady's initial draft had a sword for a head, and long serrated knives for arms.
Yusuke's initial draft had extremely long, braided feminine hair.

I get the feeling Soejima really wants a protagonist wearing a scarf. Some PQ concept art had excess scarves too.

There's also a few very rough sketches of which might be female mc designs, but they are very rough and not labelled as such, so that's in part speculation.

And at one point Igor had a fish tank.

Mediking

I get the feeling Soejima really wants a protagonist wearing a scarf. Some PQ concept art had excess scarves too.

There's also a few very rough sketches of which might be female mc designs, but they are very rough and not labelled as such, so that's in part speculation.

And at one point Igor had a fish tank.

I kinda want a Persona FEMALE main lead who has a duality thing like Joker except one side of her is bloodthirsty for fighting and the other side of her is extremely kind and smiling.

Joker.... he has that awesome disguise duality going on: "LOL. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M UP TO, BRO."

"But why do you want a female Persona lead so badly, man???"

Just to spice things up and it would be super cool to see a trailer of a female Persona lead.

Top Bottom