• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjkeats

People upset over the idol stuff in Yakuza are insane. It's a game, it will be fun which is why wemost of us play games in the first place.

I'm losing hope we'll ever get it over here. At least we'll get Project Diva F, unless Sega are just giant trolls.

Necrovex

People upset over the idol stuff in Yakuza are insane. It's a game, it will be fun which is why wemost of us play games in the first place.

I'm losing hope we'll ever get it over here. At least we'll get Project Diva F, unless Sega are just giant trolls.

I'll wait to be disappointed until post E3. This feels like the Yakuza 3 situation all over again...

PK Gaming

BSJq4BP.png

hey its been a while

i know it hasn't, but being shut out of the internet for 2+ days made it feel like forever

p4 arena FINALLY arrived, and i've gotta say i'm really enjoying it! i feel right at home playing this game, and i really enjoy yu and aigis's moveset. as for the main story... i've only played a bit of yu's story so far. having yu talk was a shock at first, but i quickly got used to it. i love how he narrates the story from his perspective (i love the idea of seeing his complete point of view on characters and events... some of descriptions are on the mark).

so yeah, overall i'm enjoying the game and i guess i can't wait to play you guys?

:]

Dantis

People upset over the idol stuff in Yakuza are insane. It's a game, it will be fun which is why wemost of us play games in the first place

Nope.

If you like it, that's fine, but it's absolutely not what I wanted to see in Yakuza, and not something I'd ever be able to play.

cjkeats

Nope.

If you like it, that's fine, but it's absolutely not what I wanted to see in Yakuza, and not something I'd ever be able to play.
Please tell me how one mode out of a zillion game modes in a series know for it is so offensive that you won't play the whole game without sounding like a crazy person.

Dantis

Please tell me how one mode out of a zillion game modes in a series know for it is so offensive that you won't play the whole game without sounding like a crazy person.

Because this isn't optional, and is much more significant.

When I play the Yakuza games, I play through the story and that's it. I don't do karaoke or golf or ping pong or any of the other little minigames in there. If they want to add dance battles and make it optional, that's sound. Making it a part of the story was a terrible idea though. It means that I wouldn't be able to play through the game how I wanted to.

cj_iwakura

It's okay for any other game, but Yakuza's a game that's supposed to be about manly men doing manly things, so an idol dance battle is the devil.

And Dantis, you are missing half the fun of a Yakuza game if that's all you do. If not most of it.

Sophia

When I play the Yakuza games, I play through the story and that's it. I don't do karaoke or golf or ping pong or any of the other little minigames in there. If they want to add dance battles and make it optional, that's sound. Making it a part of the story was a terrible idea though. It means that I wouldn't be able to play through the game how I wanted to.

Damn dude, you're missing out. All those mini-games are what make Yakuza's Kamurocho come alive. :|

Dantis

It's okay for any other game, but Yakuza's a game that's supposed to be about manly men doing manly things, so an idol dance battle is the devil.
I mean, you say this, but I'd complain just as much about adding idol stuff into any games that I'm a fan of. Not just Yakuza. I agree about the latter part though. I absolutely see Yakuza as a game about manly men doing manly things.

And Dantis, you are missing half the fun of a Yakuza game if that's all you do. If not most of it.

I enjoy it as it is, and the stories are long enough on their own that they warrant the purchase. I really enjoy the stories, combat and the music. What more do I need?

The answer is not dance battles.

Squire

Banned

"This isn't Burger King; You can't always have it your way."

Missing out on an experience you'd likely enjoy 90% of because of a handful of less than pleasing scenes is a little silly, my man.

cj_iwakura

I mean, you say this, but I'd complain just as much about adding idol stuff into any games that I'm a fan of. Not just Yakuza. I agree about the latter part though. I absolutely see Yakuza as a game about manly men doing manly things.

Would you not play Persona 5 if it had an idol dance battle?

Dantis

"This isn't Burger King; You can't always have it your way."

Missing out on an experience you'd likely enjoy 90% of because of a handful of less than pleasing scenes is a little silly, my man.

Well, I dunno if I'd call three hours of content 'a handful of scenes'.

Would you not play Persona 5 if it had an idol dance battle?

I literally don't want to even imagine it. I suppose it would depend heavily on the context and execution. If a fifth of the game was idol dance battles, it would heavily affect how I felt about the game.

Jintor

It's an in-depth exploration of the crassness of idol culture and its psychological toll of denying one's true self in order to sell a packaged personality to fans who love you for what you're not.

I mean, uh, it's a Rise simulator.

Squire

Banned
Well, I dunno if I'd call three hours of content 'a handful of scenes'.

Well, relative to Yakuza. Aren't the games typically like 30 hours long?

I mean, uh, it's a Rise simulator.

I dream about playing this everyday. iDOLM@STER: Rise Edition. I mean, it's not like Rie Kugimiya hasn't voiced one before.

Would buy.

Still pushing for the Risette vocaloid concert.

Would (still) attend.

hey its been a while

i know it hasn't, but being shut out of the internet for 2+ days made it feel like forever

p4 arena FINALLY arrived, and i've gotta say i'm really enjoying it! i feel right at home playing this game, and i really enjoy yu and aigis's moveset. as for the main story... i've only played a bit of yu's story so far. having yu talk was a shock at first, but i quickly got used to it. i love how he narrates the story from his perspective (i love the idea of seeing his complete point of view on characters and events... some of descriptions are on the mark).

so yeah, overall i'm enjoying the game and i guess i can't wait to play you guys?

:]

Sad fact of the day: I am actually in Ottawa right now but too busy to be able to hang out :'/

I'll totally crush you tomorrow in P4A, though!

Armada totally sounds like Ron Swanson from parcs and recs.

Oh my god.

“I have been developing the Armada Pyramid of Greatness for years. It’s a perfectly calibrated recipe for maximum personal achievement. Categories include: Podcasting, God’s way of determining who is charming, and who is dumb. Crying, acceptable at funerals and the announcement of P5. Chie. GAF. Property rights. Steak, for referencing only, not to eat. Steak is practically a vegetable.”

Levito

Banned
You worry about your voice too much CJ, don't. :)

The mysticism episode I'd like to record Friday May 3rd and the guests would be Scrafty, Venfayth, and cj_iwakura. We've got a spot for 1 more, who'd like to get in on that discussion?

Levito

Banned
P4: Arena should probably be 2 parts. One to discuss the plot and story of the game and just our general feelings on it.

The other being a talk with a fellow named Dacidbro, one of the top competitive P4: Arena players in North America to talk about the P4: Arena competitive scene. Armada is the brains behind that one, looking forward to it.

PK Gaming

Sad fact of the day: I am actually in Ottawa right now but too busy to be able to hang out :'/

I'll totally crush you tomorrow in P4A, though!

tumblr_inline_mlfblk743v1qz4rgp.gif

and yeah, bring it!

Oh my god.

“I have been developing the Armada Pyramid of Greatness for years. It’s a perfectly calibrated recipe for maximum personal achievement. Categories include: Podcasting, God’s way of determining who is charming, and who is dumb. Crying, acceptable at funerals and the announcement of P5. Chie. GAF. Property rights. Steak, for referencing only, not to eat. Steak is practically a vegetable.”

I burst out laughing, my parents think i'm sort of psycho hahaha.

BTW, I just started Yosuke's story. It seems like each character narrates their own story... this has the potential to seriously impress me. For example, we got to see Yosuke's room and I noticed that Yosuke finally got Yukiko's number, huzzah.

EDIT: Yosuke finally really ramifications of having your shadow appear in front of everyone. Priceless.
EDIT2: "Knowing me, I'll accidentally call him that myself...! I know i'll at least say he has a sister complex... I won't be able to help myself." Glad you realize you're a dick buddy :)
EDIT3: I HAVEN'T DISCARDED IT! I HAVEN'T DISCARDED IT, YOU HEAR ME? ~ someone needs to set up a P4A quote database hahaha

P4: Arena should probably be 2 parts. One to discuss the plot and story of the game and just our general feelings on it.

The other being a talk with a fellow named Dacidbro, one of the top competitive P4: Arena players in North America to talk about the P4: Arena competitive scene. Armada is the brains behind that one, looking forward to it.

I would not mind possibly getting involved with these shenanigans if spaces permit

Jintor

I wish I had gotten an editjob on Arena. Honestly. The potential for being awesome is there but in reality it just kinda blahs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom