• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I know, but I wouldn't be me if I didn't make snarky comments. Plus I wanted an excuse to use the "¬_¬" emote. :D

hah.

That's what happens when you're looking at two other threads, while listening to a baseball game, while reading twitter and other various websites.

MULTITASKING

cj_iwakura

If I were going to make a Soul Hackers anime, I'd get the Devil Survivor 2 Animation guys to do it.

That's how Devil Summoner warfare goes down.

Soma

Oh man the site looks very nice.

Thank you very much for using the logo I made (I wasn't even expecting it to get used lol).

Jintor

'll have art for you when I'm not snowed under with legal assignments lol

also the site is optimised terribly for this 900x800 laptop lol. Is maggy supposed to float behind the text making it unreadable or is my browser not displaying something?

Marche90

Really? And here I always thought Ramen 1/2 was a shoujo.

FWytepi.jpg

My inner Grammar Nazi woke up. It should be Ranma 1/2

So thanks to Moonspeak and especially Dantis, the S.Link FM website now looks a metric fuckton better.

Now that looks classy. Btw, how's it going the moving of the topic to Gaming General?

Levito

Banned
'll have art for you when I'm not snowed under with legal assignments lol

also the site is optimised terribly for this 900x800 laptop lol. Is maggy supposed to float behind the text making it unreadable or is my browser not displaying something?

Holy crap why is your laptop in such a low res? Haha

She is supposed to float behind the text, but I faded and flipped the image to make it a lot more legible.

Open to suggestions on the site layout and whatnot of course!

Now that looks classy. Btw, how's it going the moving of the topic to Gaming General?

Going to have to ask Armada, I was only vacation for a week and haven't been able to look into any of it recently. We're nearing 1000 unique hits soon though.

Sophia

My inner Grammar Nazi woke up. It should be Ranma 1/2

Is.... that bowl of Ramen laughing at me? >_>;

She's going to be in a different spot depending on your resolution, I'll probably have to change the whole layout again despite really liking this one.

The sole thing I dislike about the layout is that whenever Margaret goes over the text, it becomes hard to read.

That, and you flipped her and it looks weird.

Levito

Banned
The sole thing I dislike about the layout is that whenever Margaret goes over the text, it becomes hard to read.

Yeah the contrast between the image and the text is hard to figure out, it's why I flipped the image and faded it a bit. Will keep plugging away at it till something sticks, might not be able to have Margaret in the background and have it so the blog entries are transparent.

Dantis

Maybe just use Margaret for the episode cards and iTunes icon?

I wonder if it broke Dantis already.

I only played it a small amount before I got side-tracked on other things. Started up The Witcher 2 again. Man, what a game.

EDIT: I just made some small changes to Margaret. Only spent ten or so minutes on it, so it's nothing major, but I think it looks a bit better. Also put it on a transparent background, so you guys can just drop it onto whatever you want.

Omikaru

Welp, 10 days to go for Yurop's P4A. How's the OT2 going, Dantis?

I've also got the game all paid for now, so I'm definitely in.

Dantis

Maya gets pushed aside for a replay. :(

I plan to go back to it, I'm just not sure at what point.

How's the OT2 going, Dantis?

Should be ready in... ooh, say, ten months?

vYWrZYP.jpg

She's crying because nobody (even Atlus) wants to play her game. :(

As an aside, I love this picture.

Doi puts out some great art.

EDIT:

Nearly done with the lineart now.Teddie and Rise still need some serious tweaking, but it's really getting there. Assuming I can actually be bothered to colour it, I think this will be my best piece of fanart yet.

I plan to go back to it, I'm just not sure at what point.

Should be ready in... ooh, say, ten months?

As an aside, I love this picture.

Doi puts out some great art.

EDIT:

Nearly done with the lineart now.Teddie and Rise still need some serious tweaking, but it's really getting there. Assuming I can actually be bothered to colour it, I think this will be my best piece of fanart yet.

But you can't be bothered with anything ;)

When do you want my "art" done by btw

PK Gaming

It's really turning out great Dantis. I'm trying to avoid sounding vacuous, but I really REALLY like this piece of art, and part of me just feels really happy looking at this picture. A really good representation of what "could have been."

Coloring it is going to be an enormous undertaking, but I agree with you when you say this could be your best drawing yet. ♪

PS:
IIRC
Narukami = Akihiko
Yosuke = MC
Chie = FeMC
Kanji = Junpei
Rise = Mitsuru
Naoto = Yukari
Teddie = Ryoji (at least i'm pretty sure its him)
Yukiko = Fuuka (sans trashbag)

RedAssedApe

Banned
Any tips for FES? Should I even be wasting money purchasing weapons/armor/accessories from the store or is looting/card shuffle in Tartatus going to get me better/equivalent stuff? Also, is The Answer even worth playing? Heard differing opinions but I'm definitely not interested in a grind fest. I mainly care about how it adds to the overall P3 story not so much about gameplay stuff. Don't have that much time to play long ass jrpgs these days so I'm trying to be as efficient as possible and experience as much content as I can in one playthrough.

Dude. Duuuude.

P4 follows close behind at like 4 years. Finally a lull in releases with developers preparing for next-gen launches.

"Here's our chance! Let's get 'em! (Prompting All-Out Attack)"

Trigger

Any tips for FES? Should I even be wasting money purchasing weapons/armor/accessories from the store or is looting/card shuffle in Tartatus going to get me better/equivalent stuff? Also, is The Answer even worth playing? Heard differing opinions but I'm definitely not interested in a grind fest. I mainly care about how it adds to the overall P3 story not so much about gameplay stuff. Don't have that much time to play long ass jrpgs these days so I'm trying to be as efficient as possible and experience as much content as I can in one playthrough.

Armor and weapons aren't useless, but levels matter more IMO. Cash will be tight in the beginning anyway.

The Answer is P3 without a compendium, social link bonuses. It's a grind to get good personae. Play The Journey and then decide if that's a trade off you can enjoy. The story is worth it, but if time is a concern then there ain't no shame in youtubing it.

Levito

Banned
The Dragon's Crown thing is some of the funniest tumblr soapbox slacktivism crap scene in recent times. Mostly because of the fact that people are making such a big deal about it now when the game's character designs have been shown off for ages now.

Squire

Banned
The Dragonn's Crown stuff you can debate. I don't think it's the best example for it, but it's valid. (Most of it.)

P5 isn't gonna be on 3DS. We've been over it a thousand times with good reasons why. Anybody still saying it will be just betrays a lack of knowledge/perspective within themselves. I'm not even gonna bother with that thread.

FluxWaveZ

P5 isn't gonna be on 3DS. We've been over it a thousand times with good reasons why. Anybody still saying it will be just betrays a lack of knowledge/perspective within themselves. I'm not even gonna bother with that thread.

As long as there is no confirmation or clear indications otherwise, people are free to discuss why they have certain beliefs concerning the next Persona game's potential platform and it is not indicative of a lack of knowledge or perspective.

Dantis

So I guess I should make a start on my extremely high quality Arena EU OT.

What kind of information is needed? I guess release info, game info, Chie's Meat Bowl Challenge, done.

Squire

Banned
As long as there is no confirmation or clear indications otherwise, people are free to discuss why they have certain beliefs concerning the next Persona game's potential platform and it is not indicative of a lack of knowledge or perspective.

They can discuss whatever they want, potential or confirmed, but yeah: betrays perspective. The team built a PS360 game, built a new engine based on that, made a remaster for the Vita, and the franchise has never been on anything but Sony hardware and people think P5 is a 3DS game?

That betrays a textbook lack of knowledge and/or perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom