• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjkeats

eEb1fvh.jpg

hnnnnnng.
It's easy to forget Chie wears the same uniform as everyone else under that sweater in the winter. Same with Yukkiko I guess.

Dantis

Labrys and her story sux.

Truth.

hnnnnnng.
It's easy to forget Chie wears the same uniform as everyone else under that sweater in the winter. Same with Yukkiko I guess.

Indeed.

I think that's how everyone feels about it. It has a certain charm to it that's exclusive to P1.

I think this is absolutely true, although I'd still say it's the weakest entry in the series by a good margin.

Sooo... European here who has just tided up all the story modes of P4A (early copy) - interesting. Have there been any hints out of Japan as to where this is all leading? IE is this going to flow into another spin-off title or P5?

Sophia

Sooo... European here who has just tided up all the story modes of P4A (early copy) - interesting. Have there been any hints out of Japan as to where this is all leading? IE is this going to flow into another spin-off title or P5?

We have no idea where it's leading. They haven't really said anything about Persona 5 or an arena sequel, and I suspect we won't hear anything about an Arena sequel until Blazblue CP is out.

Labrys and her story sux.

You two are awful human begins, you know that? :(

Jintor

In my imagination it runs concurrently to P4. The first half is him freaking out about Naoto-kun. Then there's the action-packed middle bit. Then it turns into a shonen for a while.

Sophia

What's Shoujo?

Also, that is bizarrely well-drawn.

"Shoujo" is, literally, "girl", but in this case it refers to "Shoujo manga" which is a demographic of manga and anime aimed at young female viewers.

Revolutionary Girl Utena, Sailor Moon, and Cardcaptor Sakura are examples of Shoujo.

Trigger

We only have our speculation to go on for now.

Dantis

"Shoujo" is, literally, "girl", but in this case it refers to "Shoujo manga" which is a demographic of manga and anime aimed at young female viewers.

Revolutionary Girl Utena, Sailor Moon, and Cardcaptor Sakura are examples of Shoujo.

Ah.

Another term I would like to steer clear of then.

You know, it's kinda crazy to think that Arena comes out in like ten days. This time last year I was so hyped.

If only I'd known!

Jintor

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun is my jam.

I actually just use it as a generic term for romance manga, since a lot of the shoujo I briefly glanced at over the past few months was shit

Sophia

Ah.

Another term I would like to steer clear of then.

"Shoujo manga" is not an otaku term. It's a demographic. To say you're "steering clear of it" just makes you look silly. And ignorant.

Manga is not a genre, it's a medium.

I actually just use it as a generic term for romance manga, since a lot of the shoujo I briefly glanced at over the past few months was shit

It's not really romance tho. It just happens to be that romance manga is common among Shoujo like battle manga (Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragon Ball Z, Bleach, Naruto, etc) is common amount Shounen.

One of my favorite Slice of Life/Romance/Comedy mangas is actually Shounen, come to think of it.

Dantis

"Shoujo manga" is not an otaku term. It's a demographic. To say you're "steering clear of it" just makes you look silly. And ignorant.

Well, not really. If it means 'manga aimed at females', and it's something I'm steering clear of, then I'm steering clear of manga aimed at females, such as Sailor Moon etc. etc.

And perhaps more importantly, if you understood the meaning, then it's kind of moot. You don't need to pick a fight with everyone over everything, brah. ;)

Hey, if you can't read, just say so! No need to disguise it!

My secret is out! ;_;

Sophia

Well, not really. If it means 'manga aimed at females', and it's something I'm steering clear of, then I'm steering clear of manga aimed at females, such as Sailor Moon etc. etc.

And perhaps more importantly, if you understood the meaning, then it's kind of moot. You don't need to pick a fight with everyone over everything, brah. ;)

Gonna pick a fight with you all day every day. :|

The demographics in recent years have become... somewhat irrelevant anyhow. There's a lot of overlap nowadays. One Piece has a very significant female fanbase, despite being aimed at males, as does Toriko.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Gonna pick a fight with you all day every day. :|

The demographics in recent years have become... somewhat irrelevant anyhow. There's a lot of overlap nowadays. One Piece has a very significant female fanbase, despite being aimed at males, as does Toriko.

I've always said that Sailor Moon was aimed at both males and females, well the anime anyway.

Then again, this is Dantis we're discussing here and he doesn't even watch anime so...

Hey Levito, whenabouts are we recording on Friday? I want to go see the premier of Iron Man 3, so it would be nice if we could do it early-ish or late.

Thanks!

Levito

Banned
Hey Levito, whenabouts are we recording on Friday? I want to go see the premier of Iron Man 3, so it would be nice if we could do it early-ish or late.

Thanks!

We normally record 8PM PST on Friday's, was about to come on and ask you, iwakura, Venfayth, and armada if that sounded good.

We can do it Saturday too if that works better.

We normally record 8PM PST on Friday's, was about to come on and ask you, iwakura, Venfayth, and armada if that sounded good.

We can do it Saturday too if that works better.

I think that 8-9 PM PST may work better for me, but I can forgo a trip to the cinema on Friday to record if it works better for everyone else. I've been anticipating doing this for so long...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom