• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
468px-2013-01-13-105534.jpg

>We're doomed

Jintor

i wonder if there will be a way to tell what personas will be useful in the future from in-game instead of having to consult faqs all the time or just levelling every damn persona forever

Seriously this, and they better damn well release a freaking apology letter/explain what the hell happened to the European/Australian fans.

Plus Yukari and Shinjiro as free characters. They promised something to make up for it and they better deliver something decent beyond sticking a PAL logo on the box and inflating the price.

Noi

i wonder if there will be a way to tell what personas will be useful in the future from in-game instead of having to consult faqs all the time or just levelling every damn persona forever

This is where general SMT knowledge comes in handy. Experience with P3/P4/Devil Summoner let me distinguishing which demons in Nocturne and Strange Journey were more useful than others. :)

Since Sophia is gushing over Yomotsu Shikone, what are you guys' favorite early game Persona?

Gozu Tennoh.

e: You can generally assume that Titania, Black Frost and, for some reason, Guedhe will be stronger than most. I mean I guess Guedhe isn't in Persona yet, but.

Sophia

You need an FAQ for that? o_O;

With a couple exceptions (mostly in P4) I didn't need a guide at all to discover what was awesome.

Jintor

tumblr_mhmfmcg0Ps1qa2su2o1_500.jpg

What's this persona holding? I don't know why don't you spend 12 floors leveling it up because it needs 40k xp per level. Oh it's a thing you don't need GREAT JOB

Rise's headphones thing in P4A was awesome and I wish she had them full-time

Sophia

What's this persona holding? I don't know why don't you spend 12 floors leveling it up because it needs 40k xp per level. Oh it's a thing you don't need GREAT JOB

I honestly never cared about those. You can beat Persona 3 without ever seeing a single one, and it seems the development team realized how stupid they were too given they removed em from Persona 4.

Jintor

I honestly never cared about those. You can beat Persona 3 without ever seeing a single one, and it seems the development team realized how stupid they were too given they removed em from Persona 4.

yeah i feel kinda bad complaining about design decisions in a game from a couple of years ago

but WHATEVER I'mma still complain

Squire

Banned
You made me sad

Dantis and Sophia made me happy

Hey, I think it's a fantastic game on the whole! The design is brilliant and incredibly cohesive, but I won't pretend I didn't have a motive for playing through P4G on Very Easy.

I enjoy the combat and everything, but yeah if it was just that, I'd be out.

Jintor

Hey, I think it's a fantastic game on the whole! The design is brilliant and incredibly cohesive, but I won't pretend I didn't have a motive for playing through P4G on Very Easy.

I enjoy the combat and everything, but yeah if it was just that, I'd be out.

Grinding is the worst

Great OP, Dantis! Really makes me want to go play some Persona right now. :)

Last year marked my introduction to the series (and SMT in generally, really), so I've got a lot of catch up to do here. Picked up P3P to have something meaty to play on my Vita last spring while I waited for Gravity Rush to come out, and fell in love right away. Am currently about 1/3-1/2 through P4G, but have been taking a bit of a break over the past month to avoid Persona fatigue. Also slowly chipping away at FES - The Journey first, so I can experience the male MC's storyline, and then I'll play The Answer next, even though everyone says it's awful. I don't want to be spoiled on it when I play P4 Arena at any rate. At some point I'll go back and play the PSP remakes and/or track down a PS1 copy of EP, but that won't happen for a while yet.

Anyway, I'm drawing my line in the sand and making my final stand here: Mitsuru > all other Persona girls.

Ketch

Is persona considered the same series as shin migami tensei? They just dropped SMT from all the titles right?

I am playing through this entire series once I finish the Ninja Gaiden series.

I have played and beaten and loved Persona 1 and Eternal Punishment. I will play Persona 1 Portable for the first time and Innocent Sin for the first time.

I have played Persona 3 and 4 and absolutely hated them. Maybe P3P and P4G will change my mind, no idea. We'll see.

Can't wait to find out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom