• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esura

Banned
Chie is the best?

Chie is the best.

CrXdZ.png

Her and Aigis are the best. Runner ups are Labby-chan, Mitsuru and Yukiko and Maya.

cj_iwakura

Chie's a lot more likable, but Lisa is better realized, and has a lot more to her.

That said my favorite characters are Maya and Baofu.

Esura

Banned
Otherway around: Chie is a poor-mans Lisa. But they're both annoying as hell.

Yukino for life.

Chie is actually based on Lisa, so you would be dead wrong with that.

But Chie is better than Lisa. So Chie would be a rich-man's Lisa.

Although Lisa is pretty adorable though and her dad is Steven Segal so that's cool.

But yeah, as posted above, I suppose she could be considered a poor man's Chie. She annoyed me due to her clinginess to Tatsuya, though I came to appreciate that when she confronted her Shadow.

I didn't like her obsession with Tatsuya either, especially once it became clear that Tatsuya focuses more on Maya and the other cat more than her. Made her look stupid.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Favorite character list? OK.

P1 : who the fuck cares
P2 : Maya, Lisa
P3 : Aigis, Yukari
P4 : Chie, Rise

Junpei is my favorite character between the casts of P3 & 4.

He becomes the most well rounded person of the group by the end of The Answer and he has the coolest looking persona behind the MC & Thanatos.

Sophia

Favorite character list? OK.

P1 : who the fuck cares
P2 : Maya, Lisa
P3 : Aigis, Yukari
P4 : Chie, Rise

Well if we're doing that

P1: Kei, followed by Maki, not really followed by anyone else because I don't really like the P1 cast that much.
P2: Baofu, followed by everyone else
P3: Aigis, followed by Mitsuru, Fuuka and Yukari, followed by everyone else who isn't Ken
P4: Yukiko and Rise, followed by everyone else

Yukiko = Rise = Mitsuru > Chie > Aigis = Fuuka > Yukari > Naoto

That's not even counting Ai once you do her true route...

And that's just favorite females overall from 3 and 4

Sophia

You know, out of the central cast, I don't think I really hate anyone from Persona 2 or Persona 4. Wouldn't hate Ken if it wasn't for the fact that he's trying too hard to be something he's not. >_>;

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
You know, out of the central cast, I don't think I really hate anyone from Persona 2 or Persona 4. Wouldn't hate Ken if it wasn't for the fact that he's trying too hard to be something he's not. >_>;

Also the fact that he
Is responsible for the death of one of the coolest characters in the game

Major spoilers there, so if you haven't played P3, don't uncover.

Sophia

Also the fact that he
Is responsible for the death of one of the coolest characters in the game

Major spoilers there, so if you haven't played P3, don't uncover.

Yeah, that too, but even that's out of trying to act like an adult, when he doesn't understand the first thing of such concepts.

ckohler

As someone who's only played P4G, can someone please explain to me these robot girls from Persona 3? I don't mind spoilers.

Yeah, that too, but even that's out of trying to act like an adult, when he doesn't understand the first thing of such concepts.

Yeah that's why I don't care for him either.

Granted he was a good asset for that final Tartarus boss who only takes damage from Pierce damage so having him and Aigis helped, and I can't lie I had him on my end game team since by that point he was my third highest level partner, so my complaints against ken are a case of gameplay/story segregation

Jintor

As someone who's only played P4G, can someone please explain to me these robot girls from Persona 3? I don't mind spoilers.

There's not to it, it turns out that dudes can make robot girls. *shrug*

Basically there's a big multi-conglomerate conspiracy that has been researching shadows, both using and fighting them, and at some point they made robot girls

They go into the specifics a bit more in P4A but it still doesn't make much sense

Sophia

They were Anti-Shadow Weapons created by the Kirjio Group. Only two of them (Aigis and Labrys) remain now.

So what do you guys recommend for the Nyx Avatar boss in P3P? Don't have any super duper fusion Persona except Black Frost, I'm planning to use Junpei, Yukari, and Akihiko. I still have a long time before the battle and can grind a shitload.

Esura

Banned
P1: Maki, Yukino, Kei
P2: Maya, Lisa, Yukino
P3: Aegis, Yukari, Mitsuru
P4: Chie, Yukiko, Rise, Nanako, Ayane

I wonder why a lot of people don't seem to care for P1. I liked the PSP version. Soundtrack is probably third best in the series.

Sophia

I wonder why a lot of people don't seem to care for P1. I liked the PSP version. Soundtrack is probably third best in the series.

I like the game, or at least the PSP version. But I don't care for the cast of characters that much. They're not as developed as characters in the other entries.

So what do you guys recommend for the Nyx Avatar boss in P3P? Don't have any super duper fusion Persona except Black Frost, I'm planning to use Junpei, Yukari, and Akihiko. I still have a long time before the battle and can grind a shitload.

Um, if Black Frost is all you have, I think you're in trouble big time...

Japanese shut-ins love robot girls because it combines their love of Gundam with their love of submissive women who have to follow their orders. Ergo, they are now feature prominently in a dating sim series.

Marche90

EDIT: Why the hell did this posted when I didn't wanted to? Only wrote a single word and then BOOM, posted. wtf?

Anyway, Nice job Dantis, with the OP. A bit LTTP, but subbed, as always.

Pirabear

Banned
I honestly couldn't get myself to finish Persona 1, but I feel the need to for completions sake. Really felt nothing from the story or the characters.

I feel like Persona 1 is an interesting curiosity...but all the other games in the series are infinitely better ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also this thread needs more Eikichi <3

images

Sophia

Japanese shut-ins love robot girls because it combines their love of Gundam with their love of submissive women who have to follow their orders. Ergo, they are now feature prominently in a dating sim series.

submissive women

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Also I do not think "submissive" can be applied to someone who's first onscreen scene is disobeying orders. :p

I like the game, or at least the PSP version. But I don't care for the cast of characters that much. They're not as developed as characters in the other entries.

Um, if Black Frost is all you have, I think you're in trouble big time...

...Well, I have-
Lv.46 Taraka
Lv.53 Titania
Lv.27 Narcissus
Lv.20 Tamlin
Lv.32 Valkyrie
Lv.22 Pyro Jack
Lv.30 Pale Rider
Lv.19 Oberon
Lv.12 Orpheus
Lv.29 Titan

I forgot that I got rid of Black Frost last time I played :S