• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
UyfwnTA.gif

Nooto Shorogono has some smooth moves

Deadly Premonition reminds me of what Alan Wake was originally supposed to be, odd how DP is more true to Twin Peaks than Alan Wake because of that.

Mazre

Wrapped up the Answer and by extension P3:FES. Thought it made for a solid epilogue chapter to the main game. My biggest complaint against it would probably be the pacing, basically two story dumps with a whole mess of dungeoneering sandwiched in between.

Should wrap up P2:IS shortly as well, in the middle of the final dungeon currently. Will be rolling from that into EP, while starting up Nocturne. P3P FemC run likely to follow EP.

Levito

Banned
I'm playing Dragon Age Origins currently, and I love the game. The combat became dull pretty quickly, though. Fighting through the standard enemies is BO-ring.

Actually I'd say Dragon Age has far more interesting combat than most RPG's, there's a good amount of depth to it.

Mass Effect and Dragon Age 2 though... Esh

Astra

Apparently not because it's too silly

This community is nothing but silly!
Fritters must have had some bad pie.

Actually I'd say Dragon Age has far more interesting combat than most RPG's, there's a good amount of depth to it.

Mass Effect and Dragon Age 2 though... Esh

The combos are fun, and I enjoy the boss fights. Actually takes some strategy, and good use of combos. Standard battles are a bit of a grind, though.

I am dreading Dragon Age 2 with all the negativity, but I am sure I'll still enjoy it.

Right now though, it's back to Guild Wars 2 after a near two month hiatus!

Astra

Not always silly! We talk about serious stuff.... sometimes.... when there's stuff to talk about.... like that Persona game.

3 or 4? Persona is serious business, though.
Well, 3 is, kinda. Does get heavy at times.

Good choice, Guild Wars 2 is so good right now. :D

Good! I was burning out on it.
I hope there are some GAF guildies down for a dungeon in a bit, maybe.

Taruranto

You'd figure a modern Bioware fan would be used to that sort of thing!

GCXaIuL.gif

I'm playing Dragon Age Origins currently, and I love the game. The combat became dull pretty quickly, though. Fighting through the standard enemies is BO-ring.

Dragon Age is trash-mobs galore, made worse by the dull and boring magic system, with only 10 spells. Fuck, just thinking about it gives me an aneurysm.

I suggest BG2 to recover.

Astra

Let's talk about Persona 2!

*tumbleweed*

Eikichi and Maya are pretty cool.

And Hitler is the best villain in the series.

and that one chick, with the blonde hair who is a total reverse rip-off of Chie.

Dragon Age is trash-mobs galore, made worse by the dull and boring magic system, with only 10 spells. Fuck, just thinking about it gives me an aneurysm.

I suggest BG2 to recover.

Thank God for mods that gave me one more school!
I'm playing a mage, too. I do enjoy freezing and shattering enemies, but that gets old quickly.
When I replay (and I will, I do like the characters) I'm using cheat mods to plow through the mobs.

Sophia

This reminds me, with P1 you can't go right. It's either PS1 version lol-translation or PSP version awful OST. Pick your poison.

That OST isn't that bad, and nobody wants to suffer the PS1's versions awful overworld. So the PSP version wins automatically.

When you look at Persona 3/4's villains, he doesn't have much of a competition does he?

Adachi's pretty darn good, but Hitler's Hitler for god's sake. I don't care if he turned out to be Nyarlethotep; just the fact that for a time it seemed like the villain was one of the most evil men to ever live cemented his position as the best villain in the series.

Sophia

I forget how to play GW2 and what the hell I was doing. =(

And that's the beauty of it. It doesn't matter what you were doing!

He has issues.
Still a better villain than P4's Bigger Bad.

Adachi's pretty darn good, but Hitler's Hitler for god's sake. I don't care if he turned out to be Nyarlethotep; just the fact that for a time it seemed like the villain was one of the most evil men to ever live cemented his position as the best villain in the series.

Hitler or Nyarlethotep, he still nearly brought about the end of the world.

Basically, P2 villains > other MegaTen games. D:

Astra

And that's the beauty of it. It doesn't matter what you were doing!

True. I'll just go to something new on the map and take 6 days to finally get to my intended destination.

Still, I have to get used to the controls again, and remember how I was building my character.

I died, my partner was no help at all!
Oh well, I think it's all coming back to me.

This community is nothing but silly!
Fritters must have had some bad pie.

The combos are fun, and I enjoy the boss fights. Actually takes some strategy, and good use of combos. Standard battles are a bit of a grind, though.

I am dreading Dragon Age 2 with all the negativity, but I am sure I'll still enjoy it.

Right now though, it's back to Guild Wars 2 after a near two month hiatus!

Mage, Mage, Mage + Whudebbuh. What do I win? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom