• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar15

The drab school settings are there to provide a contrast from the modern and state-of-the-art school settings in P3. They wanted to portray a very common, uninteresting, and rural town in Inaba to set the tone of a murder mystery. It takes a lot of notes from Twin Peaks, which also portrayed a sleepy, uninteresting town that became interesting only as the drama unfolded.

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 15,006
User Name Posts
buddha0991 1,244
Sophia 1,213
Dantis 1,097
Inorigo 852
jello44 841
Jintor 751
FluxWaveZ 640
Trigger 583
cj_iwakura 573
Deadpool940 513
cjkeats 476
Smedwicks 464
Meia 416
TurnipFritters 393

Man, I've really fallen off.

I need to step it up.

Starting...

...Now.

Sophia

The drab school settings are there to provide a contrast from the modern and state-of-the-art school settings in P3. They wanted to portray a very common, uninteresting, and rural town in Inaba to set the tone of a murder mystery. It takes a lot of notes from Twin Peaks, which also portrayed a sleepy, uninteresting town that became interesting only as the drama unfolded.

They succeeded pretty well at this. Japanese-elements aside, Inaba largely reminds me of my rural hometown. ><;

Lunar15

They succeeded pretty well at this. Japanese-elements aside, Inaba largely reminds me of my rural hometown. ><;

They did a fantastic job. Inaba feels "lived-in". Because it's so simple, you really get used to it. You get to know all the sights, and by the end you really feel sad to leave it. They absolutely nailed the feeling of getting nostalgic over a boring, simple town.

Omikaru

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 15,006
User Name Posts
buddha0991 1,244
Sophia 1,213
Dantis 1,097
Inorigo 852
jello44 841
Jintor 751
FluxWaveZ 640
Trigger 583
cj_iwakura 573
Deadpool940 513
cjkeats 476
Smedwicks 464
Meia 416
TurnipFritters 393

I should probably give up ever thinking I'll be on this wall of shame.

Sophia

Hey guys, on a scale of 1-10 how bishoujo do you expect P5's female characters to be?

If it's on the PS3/Vita, 7.

If it's on the PS4, 12

If it's on the Wii U, 6-8

If it's on the Xbox One, 1

If it's on the Nokia N-Gage, reply hazy. Ask again later.

Astra

Wow, someone else who plays Skyrim in third-person.

Indeed!

I much prefer it in third-person. I want to enjoy all the animation and aesthetic mods for my character. With some ini tweaking for the camera, it plays pretty nicely in third-person.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
So all like your current avatar?

*stares at burger*

mebbe

BK56Hq3CMAA1r4X.png:large

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Nocturne was out years before P3. Not sure where the impact is coming from.

Edit: Holy hell @ pizza's name change. Hahaha!

You just noticed it now? :p

Just asking, what would justify your Wii U purchase?

There's nothing that would justify me purchasing a Wii.

but this is Dantis, the guy who bought one on IMPULSE, without thinking of any of the consequences. then...

9vOR2OW.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom