• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
1369176799193.png

Ruh roh

Sophia

It would also help if the streamers wouldn't attempt to run from everything, even when it's faster just to auto-battle it versus letting you hit in the back.

Squire

Banned
negotiations are cool but if you literally try to talk your way out of every battle the bosses are going to eat. you. alive.

It would also help if the streamers wouldn't attempt to run from everything, even when it's faster just to auto-battle it versus letting you hit in the back.

Maybe this is why I quit EP. I felt like I needed to negotiate? I dunno. When I went on the offensive I only lasted a few fights, I think.

Anyway, now that I've finished Vanquish, clearing out another game in my back log: Alan Wake. Anybody play it?

Sophia

IIRC Sophia is an Alan Wake fan, I bet she would :D

This is correct. I was playing it recently as part of a rental.

Maybe this is why I quit EP. I felt like I needed to negotiate? I dunno. When I went on the offensive I only lasted a few fights, I think.

Negotions are a lot like Shuffle Time. Most people make the mistake of negotiating with everything, just like how people in P3 make the mistake of always grabbing the Persona.

Do it when you need to, not every fight.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
This is correct. I was playing it recently as part of a rental.

Negotions are a lot like Shuffle Time. Most people make the mistake of negotiating with everything, just like how people in P3 make the mistake of always grabbing the Persona.

Do it when you need to, not every fight.

I always went: XP, Money, Persona, Sword/Wand cards.

Levito

Banned
Alan Wake was pretty damn good, too much combat and not enough exploration, but still a great game.

Alan Wake's American Nightmare was awesome too.

stylistically, the world map in SMT4 is very evocative of persona 1 portable's town map. i mean you aren't stuck on crosswalks or anything like that but the palettes are very reminiscent

Sophia

Judging from how many people seem to be getting stuck, it appears the game might even be Nocturne levels of hard. o_O

The one guy we were watching just suuucked tho. XD

Dantis

Anyway, now that I've finished Vanquish, clearing out another game in my back log: Alan Wake. Anybody play it?

Alan Wake is my second favourite game of the generation, after Witcher 2.

Dantis

I loved it. I loved the gameplay, the art and graphics (VOLUMETRIC LIGHTS, WHEEEE!), the music (POETS OF THE FALL OMG), the characters, the story... Everything.

Also, The Last Of Us might be the first game since DOA5 that I actually preorder. I might do it. Shall I do it? I might do it.

Meia

Anyone else here gonna get Animal Crossing?

Like always, day one, will put a lot of time into it, then stop logging in for a few months, then get nervous about logging on and get yelled at, thus never play it again.

It's my pattern for every one of these games so far. :p

+1 on Alan Wake being freaking amazing.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I posted quite a while ago I was trying to sew together mayas jacket. Well, Thing's have stalled considerably, It turns out sewing is quite hard. :(

Squire

Banned
I loved it. I loved the gameplay, the art and graphics (VOLUMETRIC LIGHTS, WHEEEE!), the music (POETS OF THE FALL OMG), the characters, the story... Everything.

Also, The Last Of Us might be the first game since DOA5 that I actually preorder. I might do it. Shall I do it? I might do it.

Well now I'm excited to start it! I will tonight.

And yeah... You could probably pre-order TLOU. It's probably pretty great, right? Although I expect the Internet to root out a reason to hate on it before too long.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Well now I'm excited to start it! I will tonight.

And yeah... You could probably pre-order TLOU. It's probably pretty great, right? Although I expect the Internet to root out a reason to hate on it before too long.

I preordered TLOU months ago AND I'm getting 20 bucks in credit at Best Buy, so win win.

Necrovex

WREEECh.jpg

Alan Wake was great.

If I didn't own a 3DS XL, I would so want this.

Alan Wake is my second favourite game of the generation, after Witcher 2.

You aren't a horrible person. Alan Wake is so bloody good. In my top ten for this generation...which made the Xbox Conference tears worthy.

Alan Wake introduced me to Poets of the Fall. I am forever in its debt.

And it's time to become a Tales of man. Preorder Tales of Xillia! ;-D

PersonaGAF, last night I had a prophetic dream about the reveal of Persona 5!
Atlus USA was planning to announce it at a special event, but the event had to be cancelled because of the weather and they ended up handing out xeroxed flyers with the announcement on it, including promotional artwork. Apparently this was because copiers are relevant to the plot somehow.

that is what i get for reading gaf while watching season 2 of madmen where they get he copier

Levito

Banned
I have the standard version of TLOU pre-ordered, probably one of the last pre-orders I ever get. After Colonial Marines, never again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom