• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

Look at the time I posted "YOU'RE NOT THE REAL RISETTE", which was like a few hours ago lol.

I saw it much earlier when were were debating with people in the Xbox One threads. Personally I think she should have gone with Justine, but Risette's still a better name than what she had! :D

Sophia

Out of curiosity: For or against?

Firmly against. I am a major participator in video game rentals, and if consoles lose that advantage I may as well just go Steam only.

There is also the possibility that if/when I get my own home, I may not have broadband internet for awhile....

Risette

A Good Citizen
I saw it much earlier when were were debating with people in the Xbox One threads. Personally I think she should have gone with Justine, but Risette's still a better name than what she had! :D
well, my old-old name was Aigis so this is just a natural progression

Sophia

well, my old-old name was Aigis so this is just a natural progression

When I submitted my name change, I considered using the name Aigis, but then I realize that I'm not that egotistical even if I am a good roleplayer and a robot.

So I just went with my real name. Which was amazingly not taken.

Squire

Banned
Firmly against. I am a major participator in video game rentals, and if consoles lose that advantage I may as well just go Steam only.

There is also the possibility that if/when I get my own home, I may not have broadband internet for awhile....

I was asking Risette, but I respect your stance.

Risette

A Good Citizen
idk, I just can't bring myself to use realname on a forum. I like my semi-anonymousness, I guess.

re: inorigo -- I think the Xbox One is one of the worst products conceived and another sign of Microsoft's woeful lack of talent and product sensibilities. I hope it craters and forces them out of the race because they are a negative force in the industry.

Hush, meat-head. Pizzarolls are awesome! :O

Anything related to pizza is awesome.

Especially pizza bagels.

When I submitted my name change, I considered using the name Aigis, but then I realize that I'm not that egotistical even if I am a good roleplayer and a robot.

So I just went with my real name. Which was amazingly not taken.

My username is the culmination of several hours of deliberating and pun crafting and yet it still sucks. How did everyone here pick their names?

Marche90

Woah... another one surprised at pizza's name change, or should I say Risette now :lol.

Funny story: I've been honestly thinking about switching names, since I just picked this one on a whim and was playing FFTA at the time (poor me hadn't even tried the original), and more than once actually, but in the end I can't bring myself to do it. I've been rocking with this name for more than 7 years online so... It's kinda hard to let it go.

The worst part? I've never even finished FFTA ._. I don't even remember where I left it. I should finish it one of these days.

And hey, who else is excited for E3? I'm already boarding the Nintendo and Sony hype trains. I think both of them will deliver this year.

cj_iwakura

That is USUALLY the case for me.

But there is some asshole on PSN with jello44 as their name... and that asshole is not me. :|

For some reason I have an imposter on twitter. Kind of a badge of honor, even says I post at way too many sites. Thanks, random hater.

Squire

Banned
re: inorigo -- I think the Xbox One is one of the worst products conceived and another sign of Microsoft's woeful lack of talent and product sensibilities. I hope it craters and forces them out of the race because they are a negative force in the industry.

Gotcha. I'm not firm one way or another, but I understand and respect everybody's concern. (You know, within reason.)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
My username is the culmination of several hours of deliberating and pun crafting and yet it still sucks. How did everyone here pick their names?

jel are my initials. 44 came from my old jersey number when I played baseball. I usually wore 4 (I wore 44 one year), but jello4 was taken way back when I was originally making my sn so I just added another 4.

Rest is history, too lazy to change it, but it sticks in people's heads.

Gotcha. I'm not firm one way or another, but I understand and respect everybody's concern. (You know, within reason.)

Same.

Though Forza 5 is calling me...

Squire

Banned

My favorite game is Final Fantasy X. The name comes from the Fayth in that game. From the FF Wiki:

Final Fantasy Wiki said:
The fayth (祈り子, inorigo?, lit. "Child of Prayer") are humans who willingly had their souls sealed in statues in a state of dreaming in Final Fantasy X.

cj_iwakura

First two initials, and safe to say watching Serial Experiments Lain during college changed my life.

Let's just say before that I was in a Sailor Moon phase.

I can't wait for Aksys E3. Bring on CCC and CP!

And hey, who else is excited for E3? I'm already boarding the Nintendo and Sony hype trains. I think both of them will deliver this year.

I'm in the same position. The 90-minute Pokémon roundtable is already giving me tingles, and I'm dying to know more about the PS4 (which is shaping up to be my favourite console in ages).

In short, the hype's flyin' fast and thick.

cjkeats

Mine is just straight up my name. I got sick of trying to think of something. So I just started using it everywhere.

Also, locking shit down in case I ever become famous or something. lol.

Meia

Mine is from an anime hardly anyone ever watches, so the name is hardly ever taken. If it is, I just slap a 42 at the end of it from Hitchhiker's, and I'm good to go. :p

Didn't know they did name changes, that's pretty cool.

Mine is from an anime hardly anyone ever watches, so the name is hardly ever taken. If it is, I just slap a 42 at the end of it from Hitchhiker's, and I'm good to go. :p

You're a member now! Conglaturation!

Jintor

I'm Jintor.

I've... I've always been Jintor.

It's who I am.

Okay I stole it from a Pandaran Brewmaster in Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne

Sophia

Vandread isn't THAT rare. :p

Risette

A Good Citizen
stop calling me pizza :( I changed my name for a reason! Food products are lame!

If you need a non-character name to refer to just say Justine!!

Sophia

No one talks about it, so it counts!

<<@Sophia>> This song brought to you by Meia
<<buddha0991>> Dive-HalfTheScreen
<<@Sophia>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB562TCM4io
<<@ChanServ>> YouTube title: Vandread opening full song Theme

stop calling me pizza :( I changed my name for a reason! Food products are lame!

If you need a non-character name to refer to just say Justine!!

Justine is what I've been using, cuz of the chatroom and all. :3

Risette

A Good Citizen
I just don't think there's even a single compelling thing about it. Xbone is really an appropriate name. Not just because hehehe penis but in the sense of skeletons and dead things. Philosophically it is like Microsoft's dumping ground for their reject gee-whiz technology and general ideas that should've stayed in the 90s like voice recognition. When they talked about pie in the sky cloud nonsense and then Smartglass I was 100% sure on what happened to the Xbox division. It was fully assimilated into Microsoft.

Good Citizen; Angry Poster
Always.

Squire

Banned
I just don't think there's even a single compelling thing about it. Xbone is really an appropriate name. Not just because hehehe penis but in the sense of skeletons and dead things. Philosophically it is like Microsoft's dumping ground for their reject gee-whiz technology and general ideas that should've stayed in the 90s like voice recognition. When they talked about pie in the sky cloud nonsense and then Smartglass I was 100% sure on what happened to the Xbox division. It was fully assimilated into Microsoft.

Oh, they've definitely been gearing up to do that, yeah. I genuinely think some of that stuff will get play, if not outright take-off though. Everybody loves to say, "Who watches TV?!" and it's like, gee I dunno, everybody keeping cable providers well-funded? I don't think TV is a gimmick like voice or notion control, but a mainstay, despite the rise of streaming services.

I don't agree with their connection policy and this awfully dream-y sounding cloud business, but the entertainment stuff is more than likely going to find an audience. I don't think that's any sort of bold claim.

Edit: For the record I don't like or agree with the vast majority of what they're saying and how the console functions. I've been excited for both and I'm leaning toward the PS4. What I'm not comfortable/ready to do is lambaste them and swear off the machine altogether in the first week when I really don't even know if there are games on it I want. I don't want E3 to come and change my tune in a way that isn't genuine. I don't want to be a hypocrite. I wanna know everything I can and be sure.

If they were both on the market today? I'd get a PS4 without question. As it stands, I can't imagine I'm not gonna get that one first, anyway. Just clarifying. There's s lot of vicious "Well, you're a corporate apologist!" flying around. I'm not. Jumping to conclusions online isn't my thing.

Squire

Banned
They can still pull major damage control by dropping the forced online. I doubt that'll happen.

I could see them loosening up. Once a day is nuts. Once a month is what Steam does. But then, that wouldn't really help then with their detractors as it's not the severity of the function it's that it's there at all.

cj_iwakura

I could see them loosening up. Once a day is nuts. Once a month is what Steam does. But then, that wouldn't really help then with their detractors as it's not the severity of the function it's that it's there at all.

Anti-consumer is putting it lightly. I can deal with Kinect crap. It's just not for me. Forced online is not good for anyone.

And I hate it with Steam too. I always go with GOG if I can. It's really a no-brainer. GOG even includes bonuses and is often cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom