• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjkeats

I hope Persona 5 has Catherine-esque cutscenes

Complete with over the top gaping jaws

Agreed
IlmVteh.png

Lunar15

Except Kaneko. He's trapped in a fridge or something.

I'm sure everything is fine, since Hashino keeps saying it's in the works periodically. A game in trouble is one you never hear about.

Keep in mind the gap between EP and P3. The same thing is happening again. Not only do they make lengthy games, but once again they're contending with a switch of both engine and platform. I don't think there's reason to worry.

Plus, I think the Persona brand got bigger than they expected. They actually used a smaller budget on P3 than they did Nocturne, but now I think they're going to spend the big bucks on P5.

The last "next Persona title" update was two months ago. I don't believe the last offiicial word on The Last Guardian was anytime that close.

Plus, none of us have heard that its director has left the company.

I hope Persona 5 has Catherine-esque cutscenes

Complete with over the top gaping jaws

Catherine looks gorgeous. I would have no qualms with Persona 5 looking just like it in every way.

Also, they need to get Laura Bailey back to voice a combat-ready party member. I'd main them so hard.

Persona games usually launch really soon after the initial announcement. Wouldn't surprise me if it was unveiled in august and launched Q4 this year.

Except Kaneko. He's trapped in a fridge or something.

1. He quit
2. He's working on a new ip

The only reasons I can think of. If he isn't doing SMT IV....... I just doubt he's doing anything else. Maybe he's doing the non main characters persona design for P5 but I doubt it. I think he actually may be trapped in a freezer.

Dantis

Persona games usually launch really soon after the initial announcement. Wouldn't surprise me if it was unveiled in august and launched Q4 this year.

1. He quit
2. He's working on a new ip

The only reasons I can think of. If isn't doing SMT IV....... I just doubt he's doing anything else. Maybe he's doing the non main characters persona design for P5 but I doubt it. I think he actually may be trapped in a freezer.

Kaneko still works at Atlus. Nich said so earlier this year.

It's cool though. Soejima is better anyway.

Squire

Banned

That would surprise me considering how hot a commodity the series is now. I'm expecting it to launch quite a while after it's announced similisr to SMTIV to build anticipation.

It's cool though. Soejima is better anyway.

Ice cold, brother. Ice cold.

Dantis

So I'm just saying to Sophia on chat, I have a horrible feeling Kitajoh will be contributing to the P5 OST, and I really hope he doesn't.

How would everyone else feel if the OST wasn't just Meguro?

So I'm just saying to Sophia on chat, I have a horrible feeling Kitajoh will be contributing to the P5 OST, and I really hope he doesn't.

As long as Meguro does most of the music, I'm fine. I really hope the boss themes are more in line with P4's rather than P3's; all of 4's had really awesome, distinct personality and were among the best in their class.

Dantis

As long as Meguro does most of the music, I'm fine. I really hope the boss themes are more in line with P4's rather than P3's; all of 4's had really awesome, distinct personality and were among the best in their class.

Well, Kitajoh contributed a few tracks to vanilla P4 (They were proper shit). If he only does a handful in P5, I'll be fine. My concern is him contributing more. In P4G he just redid Keronin Magic over and over.

Trigger

What has he done? I'd have no complaint as long as the work he gives is good. Variety is the spice of life.

EDIT- Oop. My question is already answered.

Soriku

Persona 4 and I think Persona 3 weren't just Meguro.

Edit: How is Muscle Blues shit lol. It fit perfectly.

Soriku

They pretty much were. There are a very small number of tracks that aren't Meguro.

Right...and for P5 it will likely be Meguro doing most tracks with others doing a handful.

You guys know the Junes theme was done by Ryota Kozuka, who's the composer for SMT IV?

Dantis

Lol, then why do you think P5 will be any different? P3 and P4 already aren't all Meguro. Precedent set. Case closed.

GOOD QUESTION RON.

I think P5 is going to be a much bigger production, and a frequent complaint about the Persona games is the relatively small size of the soundtrack. Meguro can't work any harder than he already does. The only solution is to bring in other musicians. You know what musician worked on the last two Persona releases as the lead composer?

Atsushi Kitajoh. :p

You guys know the Junes theme was done by Ryota Kozuka, who's the composer for SMT IV?

Indeed.

Squire

Banned
GOOD QUESTION RON.

I think P5 is going to be a much bigger production, and a frequent complaint about the Persona games is the relatively small size of the soundtrack. Meguro can't work any harder than he already does. The only solution is to bring in other musicians. You know what musician worked on the last two Persona releases as the lead composer?

Atsushi Kitajoh. :p

Then I agree! See how much more smoothly things go when you explain yourself? :p

Meia

I'd say Meguro's had loads of time to work on the tracks for P5 by itself, but he did a bit of the Animation soundtrack too, didn't he?

Soriku

In any case, Meguro will be composing most of the tracks, that should be pretty obvious. The others should be doing arranges or some new compositions but not the bulk. But it's not like Meguro is the only good composer Atlus has. P5's soundtrack should be fine.

I'd say Meguro's had loads of time to work on the tracks for P5 by itself, but he did a bit of the Animation soundtrack too, didn't he?

Yes. He's also doing the soundtrack for the P3 movie.

Dantis

Then I agree! See how much more smoothly things go when you explain yourself? :p

;)

If Kitajoh does his own thing, he's actually really good. My concern is that when he tries to emulate an existing sound it turns out really uninteresting.

I mean listen to this. Mega yuck.

He did all of it. He's also doing the P3 movie, he did like five tracks for Arena and five tracks for Golden. He's not just been working on P5 since Catherine.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The 'JRPG front' on consoles bums me out, speaking of HD Mara. I know it's not the most profitable but you're basically fucked if you want to see any JRPG in HD. Ni No Kuni on consoles reminded me that I could really like a JRPG on a non-handheld.

And I don't much care for Tales, so it's kind of like, 'well, what's left?' Remasters from Square and those weird anime rpgs with no towns and all moe girls.

Trigger

The 'JRPG front' on consoles bums me out, speaking of HD Mara. I know it's not the most profitable but you're basically fucked if you want to see any JRPG in HD. Ni No Kuni on consoles reminded me that I could really like a JRPG on a non-handheld.

And I don't much care for Tales, so it's kind of like, 'well, what's left?' Remasters from Square and those weird anime rpgs with no towns and all moe girls.

And Lightning Returns. ;)

PLEASE BE EXCITED

I hear nothing wrong there.

As far as I'm concerned, the only truly bad song in the Persona series is Deep Breath Deep Breath because it starts so well but then gets annoyingly screechy and way too repetitive. Master of Tartarus could also stand to be better, but it's up against the incredible Danger Zone so it gets a pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom