• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

How is this anything other than amazing?

I admittedly haven't seen much of his work, and my experience really stems from scrounging around Megaten wikis. I do agree that some of his work is great, but I also think that some of his human characters look at a bit too similar.

Dantis

Kaneko's characters always look touched by the Other, (culminating in the Demi-Fiend's marks of The Beast). Even with P2's and Raidoh 1's more down-to-earth characters, there's this unearthliness about them that makes the jump from the mundane and the fantastical possible.

Then there's the brilliance of his Maken X & beyond work, which translates to a cheap, low-horsepower 3D graphics engine smoothly and deftly with blocks of matte color, whereas less or more detail would throw things off and look cheap. Bonus points: also makes it wierd and alien!

Which is funny, with as how inhuman them, the narrative, and the place is, they were EXTREMELY fleshed out for most RPGs. Again, that bridge between the mundane and the fantastical.

You're a smart man, and I like you.

cjkeats

rW2x4hP.jpg

Squire

Banned
Really great example of how Soejima's art is changing. Look how round those eyes are! The colouring on it is fucking beautiful, as an aside. He has such a precise style.

Yup. It's one of the four illustrations he did for the game.

Yeah.

Maggie is better though :/

cj_iwakura

I haven't seen that many tbh. Does dude have a art book from any game that he has done?

I have three of his artbooks.

And that is a pretty great illustration. My FAVORITE would be the one on the back cover of Nocturne of Demi-Fiend being pulled apart by the Fiends.

esoterika

Neo Member
Some sales numbers in Japan for other random 3DS games still in the top 20 for comparison to SMTIV's debut (which was #1 for the week).

SMTIV: 188,562 (May 23)
Dragon Ball: Heros Ultimate Mission 193,160 (February 28)
Monster Hunter 3G (Best Price Edition): 310,085 (November 15)
Luigi's Mansion 2: 731,304 ( March 20)
Animal Crossing: New Leaf: 3,232,849 (November 8)
Tomodachi Collection Shinseikatsu: 984,984 (April 18)

To be honest, selling over half of Monster Hunter 3G (non-bundle)'s Japan totals is pretty good for a debut week, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom