• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venfayth

It seems to run just as good, if not better, which is always my #1 concern. They've also managed to keep it from looking too gaudy, which is good. But I do think there's too much white. The font change is also bugging me out, which I imagine will end up correcting itself over time as I get used to it.

Don't go in there unless you're prepared. That door leads to Monad, where every enemy is Level 90+. It's great for grinding party members if you have a Persona capable of taking the enemies down on its own, but never enter the door without saving.

I figured it'd be something like that. Went in there and got crushed by some fortress thingy :p. Once the compendium becomes available I'll go back in with my souped-up Kartikeya and have my revenge. Oh hey, I should be able to fuse Metatron this time around. Regret being lazy and not fusing Thanatos... one of the coolest persona designs imo.

Meia

Go to sleep, miss the fun of the site changing, bah.

Not sure what to think of it. Generic may be the word I'm looking for.

Moonlight

Banned
I think I can get used to it, but definitely gonna submit some feedback about the new design.
Yeah, something I can definitely get used to, it's just pretty jarring for it to just happen out of the blue, haha.

EDIT: Speaking of, I think I figured out what's bugging me out so bad about the front page - blue!

Astra

Haha. Well apparently people have been banned when they admitted to using ad blocking software on GAF, since the site is 100% ad supported. So blocking ads is like pirating GAF!

I'm not sure if people have ACTUALLY been banned for such. I noticed some people get pretty sour toward those who ad block the site, haha.

Young Magus

So the slogan to this site is Believe

if I keep believing, will the older layout come back?
Spread a rumor.
Regarding ads, I had it before I started coming to gaf. If it is banable, then I'll make an exception in my settings.
is it really bannable or ya just screwing around?

Meia

Spread a rumor.
Regarding ads, I had it before I started coming to gaf. If it is banable, then I'll make an exception in my settings.

It's one of those things that you see the site has a ToS, and yet there's nothing there about it. I treat this as a "better safe than sorry" thing.

Samyy

One of the first things someone told me to do when I joined GAF was to turn off Ad Block.

I think there must be some precedent for everyones caution.

Astra

Spread a rumor.

I was pretty sure it was bannable and Flux confirmed that.
But yeah, the ads on GAF are some of the most non intrusive.

I'm still getting the McDonalds ads. Damn you, Meia!
I despise McDonalds. Nasty everything from there.

Venfayth

Apparently we can embed tweets directly now

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NeoGAF/status/348498227655475201[/tweet]

Edit: annnnnnnnnnnnnnd its gone :<

Kwixotik

How prevalent are anime/JRPG tropes in the Persona series? I recently picked up Persona 4 for $5 in a bargain bin, but haven't played it yet.

Tamanon

Banned
How prevalent are anime/JRPG tropes in the Persona series? I recently picked up Persona 4 for $5 in a bargain bin, but haven't played it yet.

Eh, there're some there that's for sure. It's a Japanese game about fighting Shadows and going to high school after all. It doesn't really follow a traditional JRPG story route though, since for the most part, you stay in one town and slowly integrate more people into your group.

jaxword

It's extremely trope-ish. It's a Japanese highschool, it has all the stereotypes and falling-for-progonist-in-anime-harem-way girls all over the place. The only thing it lacked was the conveniently fall-on-each-other scene.

It's still good, just realize what it is.

Sophia

It's pretty much 90s/early 2000s anime tropes at it's finest. That said, the Persona series generally handles it's use of tropes much more tastefully than some other more recent stuff out there....

I wouldn't let the anime tropes discourage you. Persona 4 is one of the best RPGs to come out in recent years.

Marche90

As we say here as usual, give it a shot. Someone who hated japanese rpgs and carácter designs ended up liking the game, if only for the characters at the very least

Also, late to the party: New look. Me likes

Persona 4 will be a breath of fresh air after you beat ME3. They're very different.

ones in an overdramatic flawed game that has some issues and seems dumbed down compared to the previous games in the series...and the other takes place in space! :D

I really hope you guys know I am not being serious about that

ones in an overdramatic flawed game that has some issues and seems dumbed down compared to the previous games in the series...and the other takes place in space! :D

image.php

cjkeats

I can't "buddha pls" hard enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom