• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2008 Euro Release Date: Oct. 26th (US, Asia players welcome)

jts

...hate me...
This is the most popular game over here and the one i've played with most people ever, i dunno maybe 50+ since PES3? And never once saw one playing with the analogue. Not that i noticed at least.

Steroyd

Right now i'll assume everyone is PAL because the NTSC version or at least the American one won't be available till next year, and I haven't heard squat of the Japaneese version thus far.

D-pad ftw.

Capo

I'm gonna get it for 360, it will be difficult to change my playing style and the triggers don't help for running either I guess I need to get used to it.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Steroyd said:
PS2 was cross platform with the PC so I'm hoping that PS3 joins the party, but for now we'll just have to seperate them into different consoles just to make sure that we don't get a disapointmenton when it releases.

Yep, I think that's right. You can throw my name on there as well PAL PS3 version, and I'm in the US. PSN ID is AstroLad.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Wont playing across continents be an issue? On Pro Evo 6 I often had terrible issues with other people lagging, and that was just other people within Europe.

Steroyd

Capo said:
I'm gonna get it for 360, it will be difficult to change my playing style and the triggers don't help for running either I guess I need to get used to it.

What's your gamertag? The Xbox 360 section is a little empty.

And don't tell me Pro Evo are using the triggers for running... please don't. :(

Aalyx

PAL PS3 Version

PSN ID: A2D-

See you on the pitch :D

Oh, and I use the D-Pad as well. Not quite sure I'll get used to using the Super Cancel with the Triggers though... (Since there is no way I'm using R2 to sprint like in FIFA 08...guess I'll need to play to see)

Steroyd

360 games are hit and miss when it comes to region free, although they tend to be more hit.

And if you're from america, be careful particularly if you have a SDTV, PAL SDTV's go a slightly higher than 480i which would render the game useless until you get a HDTV.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Bojanglez said:
How about Heavenly Sword style SIXAXIS controlled aftertouch?

Myself and my housemate had a great time on the FIFA 08 demo last night, I think an online league would be right up his street, I'll pick this up and join in, it's been way too long since I've dipped a toe in to the territory of soccerball.

Is West Ham United in the game? >.>

FF_VIII

Banned
McBradders said:
Myself and my housemate had a great time on the FIFA 08 demo last night, I think an online league would be right up his street, I'll pick this up and join in, it's been way too long since I've dipped a toe in to the territory of soccerball.

Is West Ham United in the game? >.>

All Premiership teams are, but only Spurs and Newcastle are licensed.

Edit mode ftw though.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
FF_VIII said:

Edit mode ftw though.

PS3 version will be a winner in this respect, hopefully options files will be updated and available for download within days. Not sure if the 360 restrict file swapping?

McBradders

FF_VIII said:

Edit mode ftw though.

Awesome :D

I can't remember my PSN ID though :(

PS3

PSN ID: McBradders (possibly)

Team: West Ham United

Epic failure incoming ;)

Steroyd

Bojanglez said:
PSN: Bojanglez

Platform: PS3

Team: Derby County

I bet you partied all night.

Argh, where are all the 360 PES players?

Probably in the Halo 3 thread, but don't worry it's only a matter of time. :evil laugh:

Hmmm maybe I should add which team you support would give a good idea of who you'd most likely pick.

Capo

Steroyd said:
What's your gamertag? The Xbox 360 section is a little empty.

And don't tell me Pro Evo are using the triggers for running... please don't. :(

GHG said:
Argh, where are all the 360 PES players?

GT: YoungCapo

Sorry, I think you use the RB for dash dribbling and RT is for slow dribbling thats the way I played Pro Evo 6 for the 360 I didn't like it so I got the PS2 version. Here are some impressions I came across.

http://www.winningelevenblog.com/2007/09/kenny-m-cw-gc-write-up.html
http://www.winningelevenblog.com/2007/09/kenny-m-cw-gc-write-up-part-two_08.html

"I compared the Xbox 360 version of the demo to the PS3 one and I noticed straight away how sharp and vivid the graphics were on the 360 version. It also ran much smoother than the PS3 version - which had really bad slowdown after a freekick was awarded. One thing it didn't have was the responsiveness of the PS3 version, so I preffered the PS3 demo for the gameplay and the 360 one for visuals. [We now know that the final version of the game on the PS3 has fixed the slowdown issues in the demo version.] We tried out the PC version of the demo and they must have had a mid range pc on show, as the graphics and frame rate were poor in comparison to the PS3 and 360 versions."

"We then decide to take a wander round and end up having some breakfast and a chat about the game. Our general impressions were that graphically the version we played wasnt a huge leap over *cough*PES6*cough* but there were a few nice touches that made it stand out. Things like the heel flick, players faces and the new (and a bit underhanded) ability to make your player hit the deck at the press of 3 buttons. For me personally it felt nice to pick up the PS3 pad and get back into the game, I felt right at home with it as they havent changed anything setup-wise since I played We10 on my PS2. To some this may seem like a bad thing but for me that version of the game was the best there has been."

swander

GT: swander87

I went back to the PS2 to try PES6 while my 360 was getting red ring reservicing, and the pad just feels alien now. i still don't understand why pes5 had default triggers as change player and sprint, and pes6 had those mapped to shoulder buttons instead.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Bojanglez said:
PS3 version will be a winner in this respect, hopefully options files will be updated and available for download within days.
PC version too thank christ. I've been mulling and tossing about this game's purchase for awhile and it looked like I was grabbing a 360 with it but since knowing that the PC version will look just like the PS3/360 then I sort of came to a conclusion. I'd get a PS3 in a heart beat due to it's lineup of games (MGS4, FFXIII, White Knight, etc) but right now it has no games and I am patient enough to wait till next year.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Steroyd said:
I bet you partied all night.

Yeah, Super Kenny Miller! I am just worried the guys at Konami will base the teams stats on our performance against Liverpool a couple of weeks ago. If so we could be the weakest team ever in the game.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Bojanglez said:
Wont playing across continents be an issue? On Pro Evo 6 I often had terrible issues with other people lagging, and that was just other people within Europe.

In our old PES4 (WE9) league, I played kpop NYC-JP and it wasn't really that bad. There would be a game here and there where we just had to restart but you can't get too much more outrageous a connection than that. I'm hoping this is more of the same, though I do know PES6 Europe had some uniquely crappy connection issues that hopefully have been alleviated a bit. NYC is closer to London than it is to CA anyway, and there will also be several US players importing regardless.

EDIT: Updated the first post with Steroyd's running spreadsheet and other info.

Ryck

Damn still a ways to go...Oct 29th... You guys can count me in

PSN: Ryck007

Live Gamertage: Ryck007

Us systems. pal version of the game ( prolly on ps3 , and I'll get the 360 one whenever Konami decides to release it here in the states)

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
AstroLad said:
In our old PES4 (WE9) league, I played kpop NYC-JP and it wasn't really that bad. There would be a game here and there where we just had to restart but you can't get too much more outrageous a connection than that. I'm hoping this is more of the same, though I do know PES6 Europe had some uniquely crappy connection issues that hopefully have been alleviated a bit. NYC is closer to London than it is to CA anyway, and there will also be several US players importing regardless.

EDIT: Updated the first post with Steroyd's running spreadsheet and other info.

I think it was just that outside the UK broadband isn't as popular so a lot of people play with shitty connections. I am pretty sure it was done on purpose by some people too so they could win games, thats why I like playing with people I know (or know through boards) they are usually decent people, not twats that are desperate to improve their stats. I don't care if I lose as long as I have a good game. If winning was a concern I wouldnt have requested to play with Derby, haha.

Playing in a league will also mean I can play against people that don't always use Man Utd, Chelsea, Barcelona etc.. It gets boring after a while

McBradders

Can anyone tell me if this is up for pre-order on Gameplay.com? It's blocked from work :(

Also, Up the 'ammers :3

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Just got my pre-order in; the countdown begins.

Will be fun to play TF2, BioShock, HSG5, etc. until the highlight of the gaming year for me arrives.

Steroyd

Bojanglez said:
Yeah, Super Kenny Miller! I am just worried the guys at Konami will base the teams stats on our performance against Liverpool a couple of weeks ago. If so we could be the weakest team ever in the game.

Not the complete weakest. ;)

Although Konami do tend to do that, Pepe Reina had a bad start to the season last year and they made him so crap in the game, that even Jerkey Dudek was a better goal keeper that was just plain wrong.

Does anyone know how to recover a forgotten password on the PS2 version, i decided I wanted to dip into the online for the first time in ages... and i forgot it.

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
Ok, I've been playing FIFA for a while now and I'm looking for something a little...better. Everyone tells me to make the switch to PES, but here in the US, not many kids have even heard about it.

TBH, the licensing in FIFA is a big deal to me. But, I don't completely understand what that does to PES. Does it mean that the real players and teams are not included, or is something just missing?

I'm definitely considering going over to PES but I just need to clear that up.

Aalyx

Oh, and I'd like to use Manchester United if we do a league or something. (Or Man Red since Konami are allegedly stupid enough not to even licence the Premiership Champions!)

Hopefully the open nature of the PS3 will allow people to quickly make a PS3 Option File with all the correct Premiership names, kit sponsors etc.

@h0pper As far as I know, the licencing only really affects the Premier League (Only 2 teams will have the correct Team name, team badge and Kit sponsors). And of course FIFA has pretty much every major league. I can't really remember from Pro Evo 6, but I think they also can't use the correct player names for the Netherlands, even though they are correct in the club teams... (Don't quote me on that though :lol )

Top Bottom