• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2008 Euro Release Date: Oct. 26th (US, Asia players welcome)

Steroyd

h0pper said:
Ok, I've been playing FIFA for a while now and I'm looking for something a little...better. Everyone tells me to make the switch to PES, but here in the US, not many kids have even heard about it.

TBH, the licensing in FIFA is a big deal to me. But, I don't completely understand what that does to PES. Does it mean that the real players and teams are not included, or is something just missing?

I'm definitely considering going over to PES but I just need to clear that up.

It's mad, club teams are all there present and accounted for (you'll get Owen, Gerrard, Van Persie, Drogba official names etc) you have to manually enter the teams names (like Mersyside Red = Liverpool, North East London = ...? (I can never get all those London teams right at first :lol ), not sure about the French league though.

When you go into internationals you get slightly reconfigured names like Van Parsie or Dontra for Cote' d'azur (or some funky name for Ivory Coast) some National teams are fully licensed like England, Italy, France etc.

Leagues themselves are hit and miss, sometimes you get bundasliga sometimes you don't.

The lack of liscense makes it perfect it some areas and barmy the next, there's no MLS at all btw.

Steroyd

The team support section is just to give an idea of which team you support and it gives a good indication if everyone is going to spam Chelsea, Barcelona or Inter Milan like randomn people on the internets like doing.

Would be cool if we could replicate the premiership mind you.

Steroyd

Wow this thread is slowly morphing into the official Pro Evo thread.

And we're 4 short from making a proper league on the PS3 alone. :O

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Steroyd said:
Wow this thread is slowly morphing into the official Pro Evo thread.

And we're 4 short from making a proper league on the PS3 alone. :O

Should be great. Of course as usual I'm sure a good 5-10 people will drop out when the game actually comes out, so the more that sign up now the merrier.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Steroyd said:
Where art thou Xbox 360 owners gone?

Sonyland release, plus as you know it really is traditionally a Sony console game. My preference for Sony controllers for PES is unrelenting. When the US version comes out in six months or whenever, I may pick up the 360 version since it seems that's the more popular version here (also my brother and PES-playing friends have 360s), but that's a long ways off.

FabCam

Why the fuck can't they get the premiership. I don't want to play as fricking "Merseyside Red". I wish they would allow you to change club names.

Blablurn

4kvt3xl.jpg

4tw

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
FabCam said:
Why the fuck can't they get the premiership. I don't want to play as fricking "Merseyside Red". I wish they would allow you to change club names.

Well, on Sony systems they always have.

5zcrsdh.png

I won't even get into how ridiculously accurate the PC option files are, but here is an example PS2 England OF:

Teams

Club
English Premier League
Coca-Cola Championship
Coca-Cola League 1
Coca-Cola League 2
Blue Square Premier

Blue Square North:
Blyth Spartans
Boston United
Harrogate Town
Hinckley United
Hyde United
Kettering Town
Nuneaton Borough
Solihull Moors
Southport
Tamworth
Worcester City
Workington

Blue Square South:
Bishop's Stortford
Bognor Regis Town
Braintree Town
Cambridge City
Eastbourne Borough
Fisher Athletic
Havant & Waterlooville
Lewes
Newport County
St Albans City
Sutton United
Welling United

International
England, France, Germany, Italy, Holland, Brazil and Argentina Under-21s replace the classic teams

Accurate kits for the 2007/2008 season
All correct badges
*Note that not all non league badges would fit on, so a Blue Square logo has been used for most of these teams
Up to date transfers
Classic players will be overwritten with real players

Pics from that OF:

5ytsdnt.jpg

67i2xl5.jpg

Steroyd

FabCam said:

EA is stopping them.

And unless you bought last years Xbox 360 version you can change team names.

HOLY SHIT at that option file I wanna piece of that action. :O

Kinan

Unfortunately I'm leaving to vacation exactly on 26th of October. Will be up for some PES after I'm back for sure. PS3/PSN ID Kinan. :)

FF_VIII

Banned
AstroLad said:
Sonyland release, plus as you know it really is traditionally a Sony console game. My preference for Sony controllers for PES is unrelenting.

PES is made for the PS3 joypad.:D Agree 100%

Steroyd

My sister is currently hogging the PC and the google spreadsheet doesn't allow the PS3's browser access so I won't be able to update for a bit. :/

Does anyone know if there's a password recovery for the PS2 online? I refuse to make a 5th different username for PES6.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Steroyd said:
Does anyone know if there's a password recovery for the PS2 online? I refuse to make a 5th different username for PES6.

If I remember correctly, I believe you can get a new one if you contact Konami.

Steroyd

Holy fucking shit! I think I discovered a gold mine.

So i checked the sacred Pro Evo bible to see if I can recover my PES6 ID and I discovered that in the PES6 edition Konami added online features so you can have groups, and that group goes and plays random people to accumulate points for that group overall, my god it's essentially a clan system on Pro Evo. :O

For the love of god at least port it over to the PS3 Konami, i'm begging you.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Steroyd said:
Holy fucking shit! I think I discovered a gold mine.

So i checked the sacred Pro Evo bible to see if I can recover my PES6 ID and I discovered that in the PES6 edition Konami added online features so you can have groups, and that group goes and plays random people to accumulate points for that group overall, my god it's essentially a clan system on Pro Evo. :O

For the love of god at least port it over to the PS3 Konami, i'm begging you.

Yeah, we made a NeoGAF group for PES 2007, but the 360 release really split the userbase in North America. Also, I'm not sure if 2v2 online will make it into 2008. If not it's too bad because it was incredibly fun.

Steroyd

AstroLad said:
Yeah, we made a NeoGAF group for PES 2007, but the 360 release really split the userbase in North America. Also, I'm not sure if 2v2 online will make it into 2008. If not it's too bad because it was incredibly fun.

Just read more of it and the max limit is 30 with a level 1 limit of 10.

I'll be surprised if Konami don't build on 2v2 to try and get that 11v11 Seabass wants to get to.

Steroyd

No wonder I couldn't remember my PS2 Pro Evo online ID, it's a minimum of 8 characters for everything.

Hey hey I logged on!

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
I seriously don't wanna wait until NA release.

Is there some site i can go to and get it imported? I'm PSP version all the way and thanks to the awesome community...I like option files more than traditional rosters/roster updates. Some of the players I like get better ratings in translation like Jan Koller and Clint Dempsy.

I just wish there were more league slots. Are there/will there be more in console versions? I'm thinking about getting the PS3 version as well.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Sol.. said:
I seriously don't wanna wait until NA release.

Is there some site i can go to and get it imported? I'm PSP version all the way and thanks to the awesome community...I like option files more than traditional rosters/roster updates. Some of the players I like get better ratings in translation like Jan Koller and Clint Dempsy.

I just wish there were more league slots. Are there/will there be more in console versions? I'm thinking about getting the PS3 version as well.

Yep, I ordered from here- http://www.game.co.uk/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=11482&mid=331493

Steroyd

Speaking of Inter. :lol

Now I remember why i've played a total of 15 minutes online, this guy's previous team selection was predictably Inter > Inter > Inter > Inter > Inter > Inter and he had all these settings ready for me I pwned his ass all over the pitch with the 2006 Liverpool as well, admittedly he missed some sitters compared to the chances I had super n00b.

I eventually scored a goal 70 minutes in and 10 minutes from time he disconnected I hope with PSN they get penalized for all this. .

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
McBradders said:
I just told my housemate about the online GAF league and his eyes sparkled like a thousand suns!

Nice, get him to sign up for GAF--maybe if he's lucky he'll have his account in six weeks when things start up!

Srider

Banned
Posting my info.

Gonna get which ever version comes out first so I guess at this point it's going to be EU version.

PSN ID: Srider
Region: Asia
Supported Team: Manchester United

PS3 version btw.

Jide

360 Option files are going to be tricky as they're digitally signed to the user who created them right?

Whereas PS3 Option files can be distributed freely right?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Jide said:
360 Option files are going to be tricky as they're digitally signed to the user who created them right?

afaik, PS3 OFs will be easier, but a lot of this stuff is up in the air right now. There are seriously a lot of signficant issues (at least to PES diehards) that we may not have any certainty about until release or near release. One thing I can say with confidence is that OFs will be easiest to use and most prevalent on the PS2. Of course to use those you either need a modded system or some sort of booter+usb drive (e.g., Action Replay and its ilk). The latter being what I did.

Steroyd

awe what the hell? I can't access Google website now. "problem loading page" >_<

Pretty much I think that's the Xbox 360's achievements fault, but never say never there's usually always a work around.

awe man it may have taken 11 months but I've finally burnt my self out of playing Pro Evo offline, it's going to be a looooong month. :(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Steroyd said:
awe what the hell? I can't access Google website now. "problem loading page" >_<

It seems like we've got, what 20-25 people on board for EU PS3? Big if, but if the online play is decent it seems quite feasible that we could have an 8-16 person league.

spwolf

AstroLad said:
It seems like we've got, what 20-25 people on board for EU PS3? Big if, but if the online play is decent it seems quite feasible that we could have an 8-16 person league.

PSN ID : spwolf
Team : Arsenal

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Srider said:
http://www.konami.jp/we/we2008

Winning Eleven 2008 for PS2 will be released in Japan on Nov. 22nd. PS3 and 360 ver same day too. New screenshots at the link.

I guess Euro release will be the earliest.

Crazy, and perfect. MNG5 is about all the Japanese-language gaming I can handle for now. New shots look great as well.

Steroyd

Let's see we have:

1 Liverpool
1 Everton
2 Man Utd
1 Derby County
1 West Ham
2 Chelsea
1 Helsingborgs IF
2 Barcelona
2 Arsenal
1 AC Milan