• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2008 Euro Release Date: Oct. 26th (US, Asia players welcome)

SumGamer

Toons for life. Although I start to dislike Alladyce for his silliness. The man is so stubborn. Kudo Derby for winning, Sams could used some smack in the head. The guys seems to be high in his imagination and all.

BTW, I'll be picking up PS2 version since I dont have PS3 or 360 yet.

P.S. If you go to the official site mention on the last page, check out the screen number 13 :D .

P.S2 Why the damn site didnt say anything about PS2, I thought it was confirmed.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Are we picking teams already?

FUCKING.

Newcastle United for me.

GO THE TOONS!!

This is if PC version can get online with PS3 of course.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
speedpop said:
Are we picking teams already?

FUCKING.

Newcastle United for me.

GO THE TOONS!!

This is if PC version can get online with PS3 of course.

No, no. As Steroyd said it's just for informational/discussion purposes. I haven't posted one for example. :p In my experience the best way to pick teams is to do it the way fifty and I did it for the PES4/WE9 leagues, which was to randomize the order and then to urge people to pick based on team preference and not just on team rankings. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

I have a couple of questions...

- Is the PS3 and 360 Version going to be identical or is one going to have an advantage over the other?

- Is the 360 version going to be region free?

- Fifa Sucks (Not a question)

BUCKFUSH187 said:
I have a couple of questions...

- Is the PS3 and 360 Version going to be identical or is one going to have an advantage over the other?

- Is the 360 version going to be region free?

- Fifa Sucks (Not a question)

What my man Muzik said plz.

elseanio

psn AKIRA-UK
support: Liverpool FC
region: uk

will be getting fifa 08 first, but pro evo will always win at multiplayer gameplay.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
afaik, no one knows whether it will be region-free on 360 or not. FWIW, I believe WEX (JP) was region-locked. I don't know whether PES6 was, but I've never played PES on an MS console so I'm not exactly an authority on those matters.

It seems that the 360 version may look slightly better (see game impressions linked in OP).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
hukasmokincaterpillar said:
Apparently it's Spring '08 for the US release? So we're getting it even later than usual? Screw that, I'm definitely importing now. I just hope online works OK with p2p.

Yeah, that's pretty awful. Importing is a bit of a pain with the exchange rate, but I'll take the extra six months of PES any day. If the online play works even decently, we could have an epic league on our hands.

FF_VIII

Banned
360 isn't region free and Spring '08 is confirmed for US.

http://www.winningelevenblog.com/2007/09/importing-pes-2008-we-2008-faqs.html

Importing PES 2008 & WE 2008 FAQ's

Since today's announcement that North America would not see the release of our beloved game until Spring '08 most gamers based in North America are obviously looking to import the game. I will start off by clearing up some confusion following the announcement of the Japanese release before going into details.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (PS3 & Xbox 360)
Released Europe 25th October 2007

Winning Eleven 2008 (PS3 & Xbox 360)
Released Japan 22nd November 2007

Both games will pretty much be the same, except for regional differences such as Languages (PES 2008 - Multilingual, WE 2008 - Japanese only), Commentary etc. Now the big question, can I import this game and play it on my console? Well it depends on what console you own. It does get very complicated so read carefully and if you have any problems then contact a member of the team for advice.

Xbox 360 Owners - FORGET ABOUT IT:
Due to the strict regional coding enforced by Microsoft you won't be able to play a game from outside your region e.g. North American fans can't import the European or Japanese version to play on their US Xbox 360.

Playstation 3 Owners:
Playstation 3 owners on the other hand are a much luckier. If you are a PS3 owner running your PS3 on an HDTV (High Definition - 720p, 1080i or 1080p) then you can import both European and/or Japanese versions to play on your console regardless of what region your console is from as HDTV signal worldwide follow a single standard known as ATSC.

If you are running your PS3 on an SDTV (Standard Definition - 480i or 480p) then it gets more complicated due to the whole NTSC vs. PAL issue. If your SDTV is Multisystem i.e. able to show both NTSC and PAL signals then you are ok to import the game and play it. There are some instances though where the game still won't run even though you are using a Multiregion TV. However, if your TV only works on one standard i.e. NTSC (for North American fans) then you won't be able to import and play the game as your SDTV won't be able to display the signal coming from your PS3.

My advice for PS3 owners; make sure you are playing your PS3 on an HDTV to avoid all small issues that can arise from regional differences.

UPDATE: You don't have to have an HDTV to play this game unless you are playing it on a console from a different region e.g. PES 2008 (European Import) on a US PS3 in the USA.

So now you ask, how do I get a hold of a European or Japanese version of the game? Simple! We have compiled a list of Importers where you can Preorder/Order the game online for delivery to your doorstep. Most of these deliver worldwide, but all of them deliver to North America.

To Preorder/Order PES 2008 (European Version):
ShopTo.net - http://www.shopto.net/
It's A Game Thing - http://www.itsagamething.co.uk/
ChoicesUK - http://www.choicesuk.com/
SendIT - http://www.sendit.com/

To Preorder/Order WE 2008 (Japanese Version):
Play-Asia - http://www.play-asia.com/
Yes Asia - http://global.yesasia.com/
Renchi - http://www.renchi.com/

We really hope that helps and makes things easier particularly for our North American based viewers. If you have any more questions don't hesistate to contact a member of the team for further advice.

Best Regards.

W.E.N.B. Team

Srider

Banned
Any players in Asia going to get the PAL version? Kpop? How are you guys going to get it? I've never imported from UK before.

justjohn

Steroyd said:
Shouldn't you be pissed? Or was you sick of how they played?

???
he was beginning to get on my nerves and i think he's taken the team as far as it can go. we needed someone new

speedpop

Ah still doing that spreadsheet.

Well my region will be Australia, and my 1st choice of team is Newcastle United. If someone else chooses it then I guess I'll go Juventus.

That's if online will be playable on different versions.

Steroyd

justjohn said:
he was beginning to get on my nerves and i think he's taken the team as far as it can go. we needed someone new

I dunno all teams suffer a blip and he has a formiddable record at Chelsea, granted it took 3 years for that to happen, but i think Chelsea was too quick to cut him loose, plus who's going to take the club more forward than it already is?

Not that I care on the matter, I hated his guts.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
h0pper said:
Ok, I've been playing FIFA for a while now and I'm looking for something a little...better. Everyone tells me to make the switch to PES, but here in the US, not many kids have even heard about it.

TBH, the licensing in FIFA is a big deal to me. But, I don't completely understand what that does to PES. Does it mean that the real players and teams are not included, or is something just missing?

I'm definitely considering going over to PES but I just need to clear that up.
Licensing was a big deal to me and that was one of the things that was stopping me from buying PES, but PES has much better gameplay, so you dont really worry about the lack of licensing.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Almost 30 people--nice--and some of the WE/PES regulars haven't jumped in yet so that's a few more guaranteed players. Hope at least half you you guys are around in month (and also of course that it's reasonably playable worldwide). ;)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Antimatter said:
Noob question as far as the tournament's concerned, how soon does it usually start up after release?

When we did the last few leagues, I usually posted a sign-up thread the week of release, let people sign up for a week, get the online kinks worked out, pick teams, etc. and then start roughly a week and a half or two after release. For the PES4/WE9 league we did a GAF World Cup first (single-elimination tourney) then the GAF Champions League (full league w/ playoffs).

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
I need to download the 360 demo!

Really looking forward to this, I hope the timezone thing doesn't exclude the mighty Hammers from getting a sound thrashing weekly ;)

mozfan12

Banned
why do we Yankees have to wait so long for this game. The localization is already done when they release it in England or do they intentionally release PES in January in the States to avoid Fifa's release period?

Also did any of the European gaffers get to play the demo? impressions?

f@luS

More than a member.
I liked the 360 demo so far, instant buy on...PS3. The controller sux on 360 i think for ps3 (or maybe i played too much with the dual shock)

To people who have played the demo: Do your players still stand still like idiots whilst waiting to receive the ball from a pass? and also does the AI still somehow lineup 10 players in the penalty box when defending even a seemingly decent and fast counter-attack?

mozfan12

Banned
They really need to make the Euro versions compatible with the American release of Winning Eleven on the 360 for online porpuses. The only teams these kids know on this side of the ocean is Brazil, Man U, and Inter or at least Im hoping that Euro players at least have variety when it comes to choosing their teams. I'd love to see some people play as the Spurs, Aston Villa, Lazio, Stuggart, anything other than some freakishly overpowered teams.

llTll

Banned
celestial body said:
To people who have played the demo: Do your players still stand still like idiots whilst waiting to receive the ball from a pass? and also does the AI still somehow lineup 10 players in the penalty box when defending even a seemingly decent and fast counter-attack?

:lol that always pissed me off

yeah, its still there, but its not as bad because the game play is really fast. you wont notice it much. the AI is much better as something he run toward the ball etc

as for your second question. ... well.. its not really question. its kind of weird thing to say. if you have counter - attack, then its counter attack. you will never see many players at the penalty box. even during the PS2 days.

speedpop

As for the fears for the junk in PES.. I'd say it won't be PES '10 or '11 till Konami nail everything right. It took them till PES '04 on PS2 to essentially perfect the formula.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Played the demo pretty extensively, you can tell it's built off of last years terrible 360 version, but they've gotten a lot closer to the PS2 version this year.

Passing with A is MUCH more crisp, but still a little sluggish.

The close control of the most skillful players is a lot better, you can actually turn defenders again now.

I dont find the game that much faster as people are saying, but it does allow you to play at a faster pace again, with the improved passing.

It's still not quite there in a lot of places though. Pressing with 'A' is virtually useless now, at least in the past you had the option to give away a free kick when chasing down a player, now it just does nothing. Plus you seem to get a yellow card for every sliding challenge that doesnt get the ball, adding those two things together makes defending very frustrating. There's lots of little things like that.

Still, I'll be picking it up, first playable PES on 360.

painey

I tried to download the 360 demo but it just was so slow i was having none of it.. after playing pro evo 6 to death i just hope this game has better achievements, something to aim for. I was going to pick up Fifa 08 over Pro Evo but now i might just wait awhile and see if i can get either for sub-£30 seeing as essentially they are the same games as last year (and in pro evos case the same game as 2004)

Superfrog

http://www.winningelevenblog.com/2007/09/importing-pes-2008-we-2008-faqs.html

Xbox 360 Owners - FORGET ABOUT IT:
Due to the strict regional coding enforced by Microsoft you won't be able to play a game from outside your region e.g. North American fans can't import the European or Japanese version to play on their US Xbox 360.

Is that a confirmation that the European 360 version won't be region free or are they just assuming? They make it sound as if 360 games generally aren't region free which obviously isn't the case.

joaomgcd

Ghost said:
It's still not quite there in a lot of places though. Pressing with 'A' is virtually useless now, at least in the past you had the option to give away a free kick when chasing down a player, now it just does nothing.

This I don't agree with... If you mindlessly keep pressing 'A' in this version you'll get lots of fouls because your player will keep sticking his foot out at every oportunity. IMO the defending is much more refined now.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
joaomgcd said:
This I don't agree with... If you mindlessly keep pressing 'A' in this version you'll get lots of fouls because your player will keep sticking his foot out at every oportunity. IMO the defending is much more refined now.

That's if you're in front of the attacker, Im talking about chasing, you used to be able to attempt to muscle players off the ball, maybe all the demo teams are just exceptionally strong but it seems like if you're behind the attacker you're screwed.

llTll

Banned
oh btw. i am also in

PSN: X-E-N-O-N

ofcourse i am gona buy the PS3 version. i played the xbox demo and i loved it

Steroyd

mozfan12 said:
They really need to make the Euro versions compatible with the American release of Winning Eleven on the 360 for online porpuses. The only teams these kids know on this side of the ocean is Brazil, Man U, and Inter or at least Im hoping that Euro players at least have variety when it comes to choosing their teams. I'd love to see some people play as the Spurs, Aston Villa, Lazio, Stuggart, anything other than some freakishly overpowered teams.

If you're talking about GAF then check the spreadsheet there will definately be variety. ;)

Online in Europe against randomn people goes Inter Inter Inter Inter Inter Inter Barcelona Inter Inter Inter Inter Inter Chelsea Inter Inter Inter Inter Inter Inter just your typical stat whores who just care about their win/lose ratio.

spwolf

Steroyd said:
I dunno all teams suffer a blip and he has a formiddable record at Chelsea, granted it took 3 years for that to happen, but i think Chelsea was too quick to cut him loose, plus who's going to take the club more forward than it already is?

Not that I care on the matter, I hated his guts.

he was an asshole that had the biggest budget in the history of football... with that being said, he should have won EPL and CL every single time, and he did not.

Fuk him, I loved Chelsea when they were 3rd in the league, before he took over. Now they are up there with Real Madrin on the most hated list.

spwolf

painey said:
I tried to download the 360 demo but it just was so slow i was having none of it.. after playing pro evo 6 to death i just hope this game has better achievements, something to aim for. I was going to pick up Fifa 08 over Pro Evo but now i might just wait awhile and see if i can get either for sub-£30 seeing as essentially they are the same games as last year (and in pro evos case the same game as 2004)

lol

KurowaSan

i might buy the game, and if i do, and if i do, i'll probably get the ps3 version. i'll post my psn when i get it, will love to play with/against you guys.

Top Bottom