• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2008 Wii - hold Z and shake the nunchuck to headbutt Materazzi in the chest

Khanage

toma I'm gonna be right back... These games were complete lag fests for me!!! Honestly not making excuses... Going to reset my modem be right back... Maybe you should too... Your players were teleporting everywhere!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Khanage said:
toma I'm gonna be right back... These games were complete lag fests for me!!! Honestly not making excuses... Going to reset my modem be right back... Maybe you should too... Your players were teleporting everywhere!

We trained that in exercise mode!
Its a gameplay feature! *cough cough*

Im having a match with someone else now (ONE match). Ill be back right after it. He is leaving then please be patient. I am hoping for some lag free matches with you today =/

Ack. You could have accepted him >__>
SRY.

*SHAMEFUL BLUSHING*

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
You have no idea how bad I am feeling now about this >____>

TO play with someone else that match =/

Khanage

Toma said:
We trained that in exercise mode!
Its a gameplay feature! *cough cough*

Im having a match with someone else now (ONE match). Ill be back right after it. He is leaving then please be patient. I am hoping for some lag free matches with you today =/

Ack. You could have accepted him >__>
SRY.

*SHAMEFUL BLUSHING*

I'm waiting....

Khanage

Toma said:
You have no idea how bad I am feeling now about this >____>

TO play with someone else that match =/

I'm just joking... I'm not pissed... Hope Kurosawa is ok with it...

This is all your fault!:lol

Toma

xD

Wait. So I played with a friend of mine because hes leaving now. And you... with all you desperate feelings about me leaving for one match went to ukfo just so that he ignores Kuro?

:D

what a Midsommernights Dream :lol

Just to state it. Kuro is the only strong willed amongst us.

Brave guy.

and the only one not having a game during this time :lol

EDIT: Oh the noes. He fell in love with some free match. Thou shall not blame us!
:lol

So basically now everyone has "betrayed" someone else :lol

What a very very shameful thread.

Toma

Khanage said:
OMG... You were sooo unlucky in that game UKFO!!!

If that lob had gone in... it would have been sooo sweet!

Result?

Khanage

well that's just great! Plus I was winning! NooooOOOO!

Edit: To clarify... I was winning by 2 goals and then the game booted us out!

Toma

3:3 penalties. Thats our favourite result. I really have to go and exercise to shoot blind penalties. -.-

Be sure.. I will be prepared for the next one.

(Exactly as Blue does. Loses by one inch and swears to come back with better tactics. I am in the wrong thread. Where is the way to the role playing thread? :lol )

Buuuut I will leave now ^^ Thanks again for the matches. Awesome yet again I lost.

Khanage

Those were some great games!

It's always really close in our games... real nail biting stuff!!!

Better luck next time Blue!:D

Khanage/England (3) 3 - 2 (3) England/Toma went to penalties

Khanage/England 3 - 2 England/Toma

Khanage/England (3) 6 - 5 (3) England/Toma went to penalties

Khanage

Toma said:
xD
Wait. So I played with a friend of mine because hes leaving now. And you... with all you desperate feelings about me leaving for one match went to ukfo just so that he ignores Kuro?

To be honest... UKFO invited me... Not the other way round...
Not my fault Kuro can't keep his man!:lol

Toma

England/Toma (2) - France/Chimkey (5)

Wow. I think I never made THAT much mistakes in any game Ive played online. This win was well deserved sir. *bows*

Khanage

Toma said:
England/Toma (2) - France/Chimkey (5)

Wow. I think I never made THAT much mistakes in any game Ive played online. This win was well deserved sir. *bows*

You're slipping blue.:D

Should be online for late afternoon... Anyone going to be around?

Chimkey

No problem kurosawa!

GG toma didnt have time to play anymore as the missus was ill so had to take her home so u will have to get your revenge another time, which i am sure u will!

Khanage i will probably be around a bit later

fresquito

Good games Khanage. I don't really know what happens, but I'm unable to steal the ball from people. No matter what I do, they just won't lose it. On the other hand, if a defender nears my players, they lose the ball in no time :-/

Khanage

Good games Fresquito!

Really close games!

Khanage/England 3 - 2 Spain/Fresquito

Khanage/England (4) 2 - 2 (3) Spain/Fresquito went to penalties

The goal I scored with Gerrard in the 2nd game was awesome!:D

Khanage

fresquito said:
Good games Khanage. I don't really know what happens, but I'm unable to steal the ball from people. No matter what I do, they just won't lose it. On the other hand, if a defender nears my players, they lose the ball in no time :-/

Sometimes it works to send two people after the ball carrier... But while doing that make sure you're not leaving someone else unmarked.

The way I see it... Offence is all about thinking on your feet, trying to find a way through.

Defence is all about being prepared... You don't want to be thinking on your feet for that... As soon as I see your midfielders and forwards they are marked.

fresquito

Khanage said:
Sometimes it works to send two people after the ball carrier... But while doing that make sure you're not leaving someone else unmarked.

The way I see it... Offence is all about thinking on your feet, trying to find a way through.

Defence is all about being prepared... You don't want to be thinking on your feet for that... As soon as I see your midfielders and forwards they are marked.
I know that, but I see your players running across my defense, with two or three defenders covering him.While my players lose the ball with only one defender. I sure am doing something wrong.

Do you use any special technique?

Edit: And yeah, the Gerrard goal was so awesome :D

Toma

Khanage said:

Yup and If I know I want to try a Counter I will mark the enemies defenders too. Risky because there is just 1:1 in my defense. But otherwise IF I can make it to start a counter-attack I have 4 Players in offense.

Khanage

fresquito said:
I know that, but I see your players running across my defense, with two or three defenders covering him.While my players lose the ball with only one defender. I sure am doing something wrong.

Do you use any special technique?

Nope... No special techniques.

What I try and do is guard the ball from your defenders. Like having my back to your defender and turning on them. Another thing I do is run away from your defenders:lol . If three defenders are after me, there is no point in me going towards the goal, I'll look for someone free.

I don't know if this helps... But I also have the direction I want my receiving player to go as soon as he gets the ball... Stops the defender marking him from reacting in time.

fresquito

Well, my main problem is that sometimes your players will run towards my goal, and my defenders will just see him run, without even caring to take the ball back, even when I ordered them to press him.

Anyway, I will have to play more online, because i'm not very used yet.

Khanage

Hey what happened! Kurosawa did your screen freeze at half time as well?

That is sooo annoying... I was winning damn it!:(

Khanage

kurosawa said:
sorry, khanage. my connection went down. bloody access. :|

No probs... I appreciate you doing that own goal... but you didn't have too!
Honestly... I was genuinely touched and actually found it hard to play after.

Good games as always Kuro!

Khanage/England 3 - 2 Portugal/Kurosawa

Khanage/England (1) 2 - 3 (1) Portugal/Kurosawa went to penalties

Khanage/England 3 - 1 Portugal/Kurosawa

Khanage

977f70e64fabdcc5b98ca158ec6fc08d.jpg

Where is this from Fresquito?

kurosawa

Khanage said:
No probs... I appreciate you doing that own goal... but you didn't have too!
Honestly... I was genuinely touched and actually found it hard to play after.

Good games as always Kuro!

Khanage/England 3 - 2 Portugal/Kurosawa

Khanage/England (1) 2 - 3 (1) Portugal/Kurosawa went to penalties

Khanage/England 3 - 1 Portugal/Kurosawa

hey, i thought that was the natural thing to do. it was like continuing the first game interrupted.
the biggest problem was trying to score an own goal and my player kicking the ball to the halfway line :D

I'll get you next time :p

Chimkey

that was one tight game kurosawa, not many chances but u had me scrambling, was sure u were gonna get an equaliser, accepted your offer of 2nd game but it couldnt locate u. Have to go to pub to watch middlesbrough man u shortly so wont be on again today!

Ok I added all the Euro players in the first post.

Here's my info:

Phife
[3866 8063 5537]
[Europe]
[Germany]

I'm rather busy atm, so I'll probably only be online on the weekends. Plus I suck, so take this into account :D .

tebunker

Banned
I am looking to play folks who don't quit, tired of beating people and having them bail.

Tebunker
[1160 9719 3314]
[North America]
[Virginia]

Top Bottom