• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The cycle is dead - Long live the King

T-Rex.

Banned
I can't get into a online match to work on my PS4.

I get a message that comes up as "Please make sure your network settings are configured correctly".

Am I missing something here?
Seems to be a common problem, but they haven't even acknowledged it. PES gonna PES, I suppose.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I can't get into a online match to work on my PS4.

I get a message that comes up as "Please make sure your network settings are configured correctly".

Am I missing something here?

NAT Type?

feel

Playing a League with Chelsea and I'm struggling on Top Player against shit teams, have to fight for every bit of the field, feeels great after dominating the likes of Bayern and Barca with Bilbao on superstar on the demo. No stuttering issues on my ps4 version but I think I'm not connected to the game's internet features.

Anyone want a Steam key for $33? (paypal) PM me if interested.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So I bought a second digital copy of PES, this time the EU version. Lets see whether the online works there.

Toma

I might have to do the same if online works that way.

I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

I am probably going to ask sony to give me a refund for my US copy then, we'll see.

Malcolm9

The shooting is so weird and floaty on this.

Don't know if its because I changed it to advanced from basic or what.

Advanced is quite strange with how it is set up, personally I'd stick to either Basic or Manual Lash.

Sounds like the problem with your Day 1 DLC is using a US account and playing it via your UK account.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Advanced is quite strange with how it is set up, personally I'd stick to either Basic or Manual Lash.

Sounds like the problem with your Day 1 DLC is using a US account and playing it via your UK account.

Will do, and yeah, seems that way :(

Iorv3th

Is there a way to block people out and let the ball roll out of bounds? I don't know the term for this so bear with me.

However it seems my guy auto runs towards the ball when it's near the line and I don't have the option to just defend and keep the offense from getting the ball and letting it roll out for a goal kick.

feel

Is there a way to block people out and let the ball roll out of bounds? I don't know the term for this so bear with me.

However it seems my guy auto runs towards the ball when it's near the line and I don't have the option to just defend and keep the offense from getting the ball and letting it roll out for a goal kick.
Use Super Cancel (R1+R2).

Bajan32

So anyone else put in pre-order code but no download button comes up?

I want my good players too. Already had a face off with my crap team against ronaldo...

Blablurn

We should also take the region lock, stuttering and no PC demo into the first post.
I truly miss blablurn. He would have done it within a few seconds ;)

I won't change the op because its perfection. we answered this question on every fucking page so far. just read the thread, folks.

Iorv3th

Use Super Cancel (R1+R2).

THANKS!

So anyone else put in pre-order code but no download button comes up?

I want my good players too. Already had a face off with my crap team against ronaldo...

I had the same when put in my pre-order code. I think it's supposed to show up under MyClub in game, apparently no download? I haven't done MyClub yet though.

Cess007

Just got it yesterday night and was able to play a couple of matches. I really liked how it feel :) However, i got a couple of slowdowns while playing, any quick fix for it, or we gotta wait for a patch? :(

Just got it yesterday night and was able to play a couple of matches. I really liked how it feel :) However, i got a couple of slowdowns while playing, any quick fix for it, or we gotta wait for a patch? :(

Think you have to play without internet until they patch it :/

Bought the PC version.

+ No stuttering so far.
+ Fun to play, great controls
+ Seems to have plenty of game modes to keep me occupied.

- Graphical settings in a separate exe, without any shortcut to it from Steam, and default mode is windowed? Come on Konami.
- Not even the slightest effort at Steam integration - Cloud saves, Achievements, Trading Cards, nothing.
- Seems weird that it keeps popping up "establishing communication" all the time.
- Could not start the game when Steam was in offline mode. Only tried twice, but still.
- How do you quit the game? Couldn't find any option for it yesterday, so I only quit by Alt F4, and noticed that Steam had logged 8h of gameplay for me during the night.

Cess007

Cool.. where you located? I went to a Target yesterday.. and could not find anything!

El Centro, California. One was for me and other for a workmate.

BTW, i had to reaaaally look out for the game. At first, i didn't found it, and was about to give up when i saw it on the PS3 section, not in the PS4 area; maybe it was the same in your case? :(

bigol

Bought the PC version.

+ No stuttering so far.
+ Fun to play, great controls
+ Seems to have plenty of game modes to keep me occupied.

- Graphical settings in a separate exe, without any shortcut to it from Steam, and default mode is windowed? Come on Konami.
- Not even the slightest effort at Steam integration - Cloud saves, Achievements, Trading Cards, nothing.
- Seems weird that it keeps popping up "establishing communication" all the time.
- Could not start the game when Steam was in offline mode. Only tried twice, but still.
- How do you quit the game? Couldn't find any option for it yesterday, so I only quit by Alt F4, and noticed that Steam had logged 8h of gameplay for me during the night.

You quit the game by going to the extras menu, there is a button

They've FINALLY added so that you can choose the number of players before each match instead of forcing you to start a match, pause the game and then choose sides. It only took them 20 years or so.

Mohasus

Oh wow.

I saw some posts about the 1080p lock on PC and thought it was weird because I could only choose up to 900p even though I have a 1440p display.

The thing is, my desktop DPI is set to 150% (makes everything 150% of the normal size), after setting it to 100%, 1440p showed up on the menu list. So the game probably tries to calculate your resolutions and that's why downsampling doesn't work.

You are a fucking lifesaver. Feels weird pushing the stick in the wrong direction, but now my balls actually go in other places than the bar. Do you gain much from using advanced shooting instead of the normal?

I think you just get more control with advanced once you learn it. I think basic shooting is just 3 directions - left centre right. I dunno though coz I just went straight to advanced.

Does the game have a training mode? You could try using that. Also if you turn on a certain option in the controls - I think it's 'directional guide' - you get a reticule in the goalmouth when powering your shot. It moves according to how you aim the Left stick.

I've noticed one thing, the stuttering happens the most when you do something significant, something that'll earn GP points like winning back the ball or scoring goal etc. I'm guessing it tries to handshake with servers every time something stat-worthy happens, causing additional stutter.

Dibbs

Been playing a couple of competitions with my friends vs AI. For the past two years at LANs and such we always run through a couple of tourneys of PES2013. Wow - huge improvement now. I find myself screaming "Woooaahh!!" at the animations and realistic play rather than the goals. Awesome :)

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
I feel like I'm the only one, but there's something bugging me about the PC version (other than the graphics). The PC version feels less responsive and laggier than the PS3 demo I played so much. Maybe it's just in my mind, but it feels more like PES2014. For example, holding the left trigger to take a manual shot/pass, the arrow turns up a second later, like in PES2014. I'm pretty sure this was fixed in the PS3 version, where the arrow turns up instantly.

Am I crazy?

misho8723

Banned
Why aren't there any intros at the start of a match in the PC version? No even in the CL (!).. and graphics are really terrible in this version

Downloading the demo on Steam now. I'm excited. PES6 was the last good PES I played and I couldn't get into FIFA at all once PES started turning into shit which is why I simply didn't play football games for ages.

I've played the PC, PS3 and PS4 demos and honestly the PS4 version plays so much better than the other two. They're clearly based on the same basic template, but the PS4 version seems so much more responsive and refined. And of course it looks a lot better too.

It is a pity, because I really wanted to get this for PC. Oh well, hopefully this will change next year.

Toma

So I bought the EU version and played it on my EU account and STILL no online.

What is going on with this game.

Maybe a ports issue? Whats the ports needed?

Top Bottom