• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The cycle is dead - Long live the King

b0uncyfr0

Right...is it just me or does the 2015 Demo look much nicer than the actual game? The lighting seems to be much brighter and colors aren't as washed out. Player responses also feel better to me. It seems closer to the PS4 build.

Can someone try it out and confirm.

feel

Had to turn commentary off, the bored non reaction was ruining the goals for me. Not even the latin american commentators scream the goooooooool like they usually do in real life, fuck that, I'd rather have total silence and just listen to the crowd react to stuff.

shoplifter

Got a refund from Sony. As much as I want to like it, I can't play myClub or any game at all while logged into the network still.

The stuttering is just too annoying. I'll buy it again once they've fixed the problem but it seems like all they're addressing is the DLC issue.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Couldn't play an aonlie game either...PS4 in France here.

All my other games work fine online...

I am currently trying to figure out whether the issue is router/port related, but opening ports is a pain on my router.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Is there an online manual with all the moves listed? The Konami one doesn't have the skill moves afaict and it's not very printer friendly.

Malcolm9

Is there an online manual with all the moves listed? The Konami one doesn't have the skill moves afaict and it's not very printer friendly.

Command list on the pause menu will show you all the tricks and how to pull them off.

It seems that people using Sky Broadband (UK) are having trouble connecting to others in online matches, I'm on PS4.

Bajan32

Lord I'm getting destroyed online with myclub.
I guess that's what happens when you don't play football games for years :/

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Update: Nothing works, no matter in which combination. After extensive google research, I found out that my router might be the problem, as it might unintentionally block data I cant control (as in an unconfigurable firewall and the port forwarding is mediocre at best).

So new router it is on monday.

I'll get this to fucking work >:-(

Edit: Do we know by now whether the game version is determined by the account or by the downloaded version? Meaning, if I download a US version and play it on an EU account... can I play with EU or US guys?

Delt31

can someone confirm if you can use custom camera angles (increase zoom and height) for online games on the PC version?

Cess007

lol i was looking at the celebrations for my player in "Become a Legend" and didn't knew there were fans of Michael Jackson in the PES team :p I really liked the smooth criminal celebration actually. I haven't played a PES in years, were those there before, or are they new?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Command list on the pause menu will show you all the tricks and how to pull them off.

It seems that people using Sky Broadband (UK) are having trouble connecting to others in online matches, I'm on PS4.
Rats not in the training menu afaict.

LAM09

lol i was looking at the celebrations for my player in "Become a Legend" and didn't knew there were fans of Michael Jackson in the PES team :p I really liked the smooth criminal celebration actually. I haven't played a PES in years, were those there before, or are they new?

The smooth criminal celebration along with a few others (Gangnam style), have been in PES for the last few years.

Nyx

Shareplay worked for me last night, a friend joined my game for a few matches.

Also still no stuttering here?

Oh and for the person that said the demo looked better, I disagree, the full game definitely looks prettier to me at least.

LAM09

Guess so? I've got a physical copy btw.

Likewise. I tried it at the start of the week, but it didn't work. I'm not sure if it had something to do with Sony having problems, or if Konami enabled it at release.

Either way, I will have to try it again, and see if it works.

Goteki_45

NAT Type?

NAT Type is 2

Has anyone had to open any ports on their modems to actually get online working or did you guys just straight away get into a online match without no problems?

I'm in AUS and can't get into a online match at all.

GHG

Gold Member
So if I buy this from the US store am I locked into playing people in the US or can I play EU players too?

Nyx

NAT Type is 2

Has anyone had to open any ports on their modems to actually get online working or did you guys just straight away get into a online match without no problems?

I'm in AUS and can't get into a online match at all.

EU, NAT type 2, played 4 online games so far without any noticeable lag.

The only thing bothering me so far is that advanced shooting seems broken, the delay after pressing the shoot button is very annoying and it does not happen when basic shooting is selected.

But otherwise it's been smooth sailing for me this game.

Goteki_45

"Please make sure your network settings are configured correctly"

Still get this message when I try to get into online match or myclub

I have opened port 5730 which is the default port for PES but still no luck, I can't even get into online at all :(

GHG

Gold Member
Anyone?

So if I buy this from the US store am I locked into playing people in the US or can I play EU players too?

I'm about to head out in a couple of hours. If the answer to that question is no then ill just buy it physical.

Vol5

What a game - it's amazing. But man do I suck at it. Need to play waaaay more games and be more patient in the build up.

Jack cw

So...apparently the 360/PS3 versions have no pre-game intro, it just skips ahead to the match.

Maybe not a dealbreaker, but it will be odd not to see those. :p
I guess last gen can only do so much. Last years intro was a slideshow on PS3, so they cut it out because of this.
Anyone?

I'm about to head out in a couple of hours. If the answer to that question is no then ill just buy it physical.
Apparently it 's region locked.

Vol5

What a game - it's amazing. But man do I suck at it. Need to play waaaay more games and be more patient in the build up.

vesvci

Banned
I finally played some tonight, still getting the hang of it, it's been years since I've played a football game. It looks good and the gameplay is fun. Gonna play it a bit more tomorrow.

sheaaaa

On Superstar difficulty, the opposition sometimes passes the ball around its midfield and defence without trying to go further, especially if you're hustling your players to try and cover their passes forward. Really frustrating. Just get on with it!

Blablurn

On Superstar difficulty, the opposition sometimes passes the ball around its midfield and defence without trying to go further, especially if you're hustling your players to try and cover their passes forward. Really frustrating. Just get on with it!

Hm! This happens on Pro too haha. And I thought turning it up to Superstar would help against this. I guess it doesn't.

Jingo

What the hell with region locked??? Im portuguese, very few with a ps4 and fewer with pes 2015, who will play with me online? This is really ridiculous, at least america is a big country, here im screwed...

Nestunt

What the hell with region locked??? Im portuguese, very few with a ps4 and fewer with pes 2015, who will play with me online? This is really ridiculous, at least america is a big country, here im screwed...

I might be wrong

but you are playing against EU players

(also PT by the way)

Jingo

I was going to buy it today but i have my doubts now cause in that faq it says that you cant play with people from other countrys, could it be that americans cant play with europeans and vice versa?

Started myclub, confusing at first but I think I've got the hang of it now lol. Also, I got Ribery as my first star player :D

Though I thought everyone was supposed to get Gotze?

ibu

Ordered mine through flubit, fulfilled by find price.
Delivery says 18th November.

Annoyed to say the least.

Back to the demo then, Thomas Müeller so good on this game. He's a god damn demi-God.

Is anyone playing on xbox one?

I was going to bite, but some of these issues I'm reading about concern me, so I'll probably pick it up after they release a patch with all the January transfers. Hopefully by then the performance issues will be resolved.

How's the X1 version been in your opinion?

jengo

Some random gameplay/ML questions I haven't figured out yet:

- When do the effects of training on players kick in? I miss skill meters filling up after games/training sessions...

- No benefits to playing the same squad/creating regular link ups? I miss seeing lines between players glow on the formation map...

- No more general team attack/defense meter to manually raise/lower during play? Just an offense/defense/custom formation to switch between?

- Do you have to watch your team in sim mode in myclub? Is it a real time match between a real person and the AI controlling your team (seems like it since when I tried to pause I had to wait until the other player agreed)?

I am loving the game so far. The first 2 questions kinda bum me out, since they really helped make ML more of an RPG to me (progression and creating your own "stories" with regular squads)...I'm glad the tedious talking to players is gone, but that aspect should be revisited in a more streamlined way I think. Unless it's in Be a Legend mode, in which case I guess I won't see it again...

Hasney

Ordered mine through flubit, fulfilled by find price.
Delivery says 18th November.

Annoyed to say the least.

Back to the demo then, Thomas Müeller so good on this game. He's a god damn demi-God.

Never ever order through Flubit if you want a quick delivery. It goes through too many channels.

Top Bottom