• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The cycle is dead - Long live the King

Thrakier

I've played the PC, PS3 and PS4 demos and honestly the PS4 version plays so much better than the other two. They're clearly based on the same basic template, but the PS4 version seems so much more responsive and refined. And of course it looks a lot better too.

It is a pity, because I really wanted to get this for PC. Oh well, hopefully this will change next year.

That's a huge downer. :( What exactly is different?

Thrakier

<Folder with STEAM installed> \SteamApps\common\Pro Evolution Soccer 2015\

Found it, crazy. Anyway, doesn't show my DSR resolutions. Any way to tweak the settings more? I also get stuttering which is a joke on my 970....aliasing is crazy, shadows look horrible.

cormack12

Gold Member
Game is immense. Haven't won online yet, drew some and lost by the odd goal. Still get the millisecond defender pause online which is annoying and what's happened to the shooting? Seems to be different online, harder which is good I guess. But it also levels it a bit as it has a random element to it.

Having said that, hands down the best footy game in years. And I mean that.

Played the PC demo. Definitely an improvement over 14. Doesn't look that great though. Some replay camera angles seem to have gone missing too.

Anyone else notice that the through balls in the final 1/3rd are rather powerful? I am playing on 1 bar of passing assistance.

And how the hell do I exit the PC demo?

Zabojnik

Bought the digital version on the EU store. Left it to download earlier with PS4 in rest mode. I turn the PS4 on after a couple of hours, says PES 2015 is installed. I start the game and only get the play the Real vs. Sevilla portion. Notifications say PES 2015 (+ update) is installed. There is no further downloading. If I go to the store and cruise to PES 2015, I can only start the game from there, it doesn't let me download what's left of it (should be another 15gb at least).

What am I doing wrong?

Blablurn

Bought the digital version on the EU store. Left it to download earlier with PS4 in rest mode. I turn the PS4 on after a couple of hours, says PES 2015 is installed. I start the game and only get the play the Real vs. Sevilla portion. Notifications say PES 2015 (+ update) is installed. There is no further downloading. If I go to the store and cruise to PES 2015, I can only start the game from there, it doesn't let me download what's left of it (should be another 15gb at least).

What am I doing wrong?

Check the thread. I remember some people who mentioned that problem!

Zabojnik

You have failed me for the last time, Snitch.

For those wondering:

The game only shows the download of the first 4.5gb of data, at that point you can only play Sevilla vs Madrid cause the rest of the game is still downloading in the background but it won't show on your downloads. Press the option button on the game icon on the PS4 menu and go to Information. You'll be able to see how much it has downloaded, the total is actually 21gb.

Elchele

What am I doing wrong?

Zabo pls, is this the first time you download a digital game for PS4?

anthonyOA

I'll provide xbox one impressions after giving it a couple games. Barely played the demo but I'm old school PES and couldn't resist a good version finally turning up.

Intro looks amazing!

Zabojnik

Zabo pls, is this the first time you download a digital game for PS4?

It is, actually. As you may know, I get all my PS4 games from Snitch.

Also, just because you finally managed to grab TLOU Remastered doesn't mean you get to act all superior. Know your place, Alejandro Sikaffy. KNOW YOUR PLACE.

I can play online but once I start to invite someone I only get errors. That sucks.

So it wasn't just me? Inviting is terrible at the moment for me. Haven't connected with anyone.

You have failed me for the last time, Snitch.

For those wondering:

Zabo, what is your PSN? Get some Juve vs Sassuolo on the go. I drew with some Milan chump before getting smashed 5-0 by United. Berardi is dead after 45 minutes :(

Spat_triate

After some time with the PC version, I find it hard to recommend.

It is definitely not as responsive as the PS4 version and it looks like shit (oh god the turf!). It's evident to me now why the demo was not released before.

Pretty shady of Konami to shit on a portion of their customers like this, but I guess I'm not surprised.

cormack12

Gold Member
I finally managed to find an online match. The guy spammed pressure abuse and chipped through balls. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Spam offside. Double tap D-Pad towards the opponent goal and your defenders will run up the pitch. Easiest way to kill most of the spam play. There are still some decent players though who actually use and time them well.

Malcolm9

Some of the players look incredible and have great detail, others look like they are made from clay, though I do know Konami update a lot of faces after release.

Zabojnik

Zabo, what is your PSN? Get some Juve vs Sassuolo on the go. I drew with some Milan chump before getting smashed 5-0 by United. Berardi is dead after 45 minutes :(

ZabojnikGAF

Berardi has shit stats, I imagine? Konami are always a year or more behind on these future GOATs. I imagine Coman is shit as well atm.

I turned off auto connect in the online options and now I don't have to deal with the stupid establishing connection nonsense anymore.

The thing is that I can't even go into the menus. And I also want to play online... Well, I learned my lesson for like the third time to never buy a PES game at launch.

edit: And the voucher code I got doesn't even work, haha..

edit: The code was some generic shit too. It was XYZY-1234-ABCD.

Cess007

The smooth criminal celebration along with a few others (Gangnam style), have been in PES for the last few years.

Damn, has been that long since i last played PES? **turns around to see his copy of PES2011 on shelf** Well, it seem it was :(

GHG

Gold Member
I just finished downloading this game on PS4.

Getting a black screen and 'establishing communication" in the bottom left.

Wtf.

Don't make me go back to FIFA.

Yeah the netcode is horrendous. Can't believe they are still having these country lobbies in the Online Mode and how in the hell do you invite a friend for a match?

Apart from that, the gameplay is still a pain, yet a bit better than this year's FIFA. Maybe it is a bit getting used to how the PES gameplay works, but there are obvious issues where I can only shake my head to :[

Blablurn

Yeah the netcode is horrendous. Can't believe they are still having these country lobbies in the Online Mode and how in the hell do you invite a friend for a match?

Apart from that, the gameplay is still a pain, yet a bit better than this year's FIFA. Maybe it is a bit getting used to how the PES gameplay works, but there are obvious issues where I can only shake my head to :[

You open a lobby. Once you're inside you can invite someone!

Got the voucher code to work. Got Ronaldo and Zlatan. Nice. Too bad you can't play them and Götze in the same team, haha. Guess I have to pray I get some half good players later on.

Top Bottom