• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The cycle is dead - Long live the King

Jack cw

Ah, so this is where Goetze Fotzen comes from.

tumblr_ndwwmgmwOd1tj6xaio1_250.gif

That leads me to believe the problem is that the game is searching something on the Store (like DLC + myclub coins).

With US digital game using US PSN Account you have access to the store but with the UK PSN you don't because the game is from the US.

It's certainly trying to contact servers, if you take the PS4 offline it will run smoothly.

But it's not a case of cross region as I mentioned I have the UK disc and it has been stuttering too on my UK account.

Jack cw

i have no experience with fifas UT or now PES myclub.

is this mode fun and engaging without extra buying coins or whatever?

Depends on how excessive you want to play it. Coins are rather sparse and you will need more time to get what you want. If you prone to something like this, you'll spend more money than you think ;)

The mode is great and fun, probably as good as master league this time.

derwalde

Depends on who excessive you want to play it. Coins are rather sparse and you will need more time to get what you want. If you prone to something like this, you'll spend more money than you think ;)

The mode is great and fun, probably as good as master league this time.

well i dont plan to spend ANY real money on such game modes, but ill give it a try.

TehPabz

Well, I cant join anyone, so my online portion seems completely borked.

I did try it with another player who should have the US version, but I am not 100% sure about that. Anyone with the US PSN version who could try a match with me?
I can my PSN Id is Teh R3AP3R I'm not online now but I will be around 11am- 12 pm central.

NHale

It's certainly trying to contact servers, if you take the PS4 offline it will run smoothly.

But it's not a case of cross region as I mentioned I have the UK disc and it has been stuttering too on my UK account.

Try using a US account with UK disc. If it's background server request to the store then the UK disc "should" stutter with UK account but not with US account.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I can my PSN Id is Teh R3AP3R I'm not online now but I will be around 11am- 12 pm central.

Added you, let me know when you are online per GAF pm please.

Nyx

Shame that in online divisions you can play against the likes of Real Madrid and Paris SG when you pick a much lower tier club like Utrecht...

Hedrush

Regarding the stuttering issue:

Playing the U.S. DIGITAL version -

Logged into US PSN acvount: STUTTERING

Logged into UK PSN account: no stuttering

Makes one wonder

UK account, bought US digital version on Tuesday, it's stuttery. On Wednesday night, quite late on, it was stutter free. I dunno what I done, I was defenetily online as I checked. Not been able to recreate whatever I done that night tho. It has to be some sort of server side issue.

Jack cw

Shame that in online divisions you can play against the likes of Real Madrid and Paris SG when you pick a much lower tier club like Utrecht...

Yeah, there should be at least a limiter for club rankings in the options. It's pretty unbalanced like this. Still, you have way better chances of winning against those clubs compared to pace only FIFA.

Lux R7

Yeah, there should be at least a limiter for club rankings in the options. It's pretty unbalanced like this. Still, you have way better chances of winning against those clubs compared to pace only FIFA.

yeah, it is possible to win.
The defense skills of the average Real Madrid user are not so high, so you can simply try scoring more goals.
But i can see that there are some advantages when u can just shoot from distance with Cristiano, or try a run.

Nyx

i can see your point here.

They should really copy FIFA's Seasons in this case, where you can only meet same-ish level clubs.

Don't want to be 'forced' to pick one of the big spenders, and am not good enough to beat those clubs with my own fav.

Anyway, the gameplay makes up for it though, just had a few offline and online games and while I definitely still need to learn the game it's already a lot of fun.

Really love the fact every match had different goals, flukes and the lot.

Jack cw

Jack, we need to play some games this weekend.

We will. I hate international breaks, so a few good matches online should make up for it. I hope we try many modes, clubs and faints in those matches :D I can only play at the evening of course.

hey guys I dont have the game yet can someone tell me about the stamina system, is this the game that will finally punish all those sprint abusers

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
hey guys I dont have the game yet can someone tell me about the stamina system, is this the game that will finally punish all those sprint abusers

Its not as much "punishing" them, as giving you an edge. The players are clearly slower if they dont have any stamina anymore, but it doesnt feel like its crippling your ability to play if you are out of stamina.

Jack cw

Yes. But it has more to do with the stats. Rockets like Ronaldo or Robben fatigue pretty early (around the 70th minute). Every run cost you stamina. In defence, when you try to sprint and tackle, the stamina is reduced faster too. I'd say it's pretty good balanced.
My copy arrives tomorrow. So I would be eager to be smashed by all of you PES experts on PS4.

Add me PSN: Papa_Justify
Nice. I'll add some of you guys later today :)
How's the netcode? I'm tempted

Dat 720p though :(

Netcode is ok. Pretty similar to FIFA so far, servers are holding up. Some minor lag might appear but it's rather rare.

Region locking the online play is kind of annoying. I'm most likely getting the US version, but I'd imagine that the European player-base is much larger.

Its not as much "punishing" them, as giving you an edge. The players are clearly slower if they dont have any stamina anymore, but it doesnt feel like its crippling your ability to play if you are out of stamina.

interesting this would then make subs have a much bigger impact, and makes you think a hell of a lot more about how you go about sprinting.

Toma

interesting this would then make subs have a much bigger impact, and makes you think a hell of a lot more about how you go about sprinting.

Yep, pretty sure letting the opponent exhaust himself and then making quick power attacks in the second half of the game is a valid tactic. Subs are also quite efficient due to that, since they easily end up being the fastest men on the field. Its not game breakingly strong, but certainly noticeable.

goonergaz

All these bonus points I keep getting (for things like first volley, first goal, editing team names etc)...they really want me to try myclub (I assume that's the only mode that you spend points on?).

Also nice that they have some extra points for starting myclub in the first week - what with my pre-order bonus points I should have ~20k to spend...I wonder how far that will get me...

Toma

All these bonus points I keep getting (for things like first volley, first goal, editing team names etc)...they really want me to try myclub (I assume that's the only mode that you spend points on?).

Also nice that they have some extra points for starting myclub in the first week - what with my pre-order bonus points I should have ~20k to spend...I wonder how far that will get me...

2 rare players, over 75 rating, with a good chance of at least one being 85+.

Bumhead

Banned
God, I've missed Master League.

Playing on Superstar difficulty with the default ML players as Marseille. 3rd in Ligue 2 and only lost 1 in 9, but I've had some absolutely cracking matches. I tonked Brest 6-2 but apart from that every game has been a close fight. Had a couple where they've hit the post in the last minute to have won it etc.

The way matches flow and change on the fly in this game is why for me it's the best football game I've ever played. Like I said in a previous post, I've been playing football games for 18 years and I've never played anything like it. The way you have to dig in if you take the lead against better opposition, fight for posession.. it's just glorious. Quite happy to stick to the offline modes with this.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
The shooting is so weird and floaty on this.

Don't know if its because I changed it to advanced from basic or what.

Delt31

For those with the PC version can you change the height and zoom level of the camera when playing online? You can't on ps4....

Goteki_45

I can't get into a online match to work on my PS4.

I get a message that comes up as "Please make sure your network settings are configured correctly".

Am I missing something here?

Top Bottom