• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The cycle is dead - Long live the King

nero2082

this game man, too realistic

just tried diving in penalty area (L3+R3+L1+L2) with Neymar against a friend, winds him up properly to say the least, trashtalk magnet

highly recommend it!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I contacted Konami support with this inquiry:
Hey,

I cannot play any online games and I dont know the reason. The PS4 connection has NAT Type 2. I have a stable internet connection with 15MBit and have no problems playing FIFA online.

In the random opponent modes (myClub), the connection process repeats indefinitely and in the lobby it tells me that the connection to other players is not successful when I try joining their games.

I also tried it with a friend and I couldnt join his game, nor could he join mine.

Regards,

Got this as reply just now:

Thank you for contacting Konami Customer Support. We have escalated your issue to the dev team. Please be patient until we receive a response. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for all your patience and understanding.

Best Regards,

I wonder how long I should wait before asking for a chargeback from Sony.

Cigol

...restarting my PC solved the stuttering for me but even though I've got a pretty dope PC and the games graphics aren't really anything to write home about; the framerate still feels slightly off. It's playable at least but think I made a mistake not getting it for my PS4. Doh.

I personally got the option for 1080p in settings.exe so maybe there is some auto-configuration rules/file that limits it for hardware it doesn't recognise or something?

shoplifter

Regarding the stuttering issue:

Playing the U.S. DIGITAL version -

Logged into US PSN acvount: STUTTERING

Logged into UK PSN account: no stuttering

Makes one wonder

TehPabz

For fuck sake I can't connect at all to an online match so can anybody send me a friend request to see if we can connect and play a match? PSN ID is TehR3AP3R

Jimrpg

Hey guys I normally don't buy sports games consecutive years but its just RM75 in malaysia ($25US) Cheap!

But I have some questions...

1. PC option file out yet?
2. Borussia Dortmund in the game? It wasn't in PES2012...
3. Bundesliga in?
4. Do they have the championship or league 1/2 etc?
5. How's Master League? In 2012 it was difficult to sign anyone!

MUnited83

For you.
after playing a handful of online matches in the pc version...

my veredict is: sogood.gif. Had no lag issuas at all, plays like a dream. Gameplay is great. Definitely the first PES since PES 6 do really grab me.

ibu

I contacted Konami support with this inquiry:

Got this as reply just now:

I wonder how long I should wait before asking for a chargeback from Sony.

I would probably wait a little longer than launch day. Server issues crop up on every online game at launch. So it's to be expected, irritating yes, but expected. Especially with PES.

Besides their net code has never been great, far less Dev budget than likes of FIFA.

Jack cw

What's up with the servers? DriveClub syndrome?

PSN had downtime due to maintenance.

And I was finally able to play some games on PS4 yesterday and while the gameplay is nearly perfect, the biggest wow was the visuals. Compared to the demo the image quality got considerably better. I guess at least 2xSMAA or something and much higher shadow and texture resolution. Well done, Konami. Now pls get rid of those stutters.

Blablurn

Is it just me or is R2+Shoot a lil overpowered?

PSN had downtime due to maintenance.

And I was finally able to play some games on PS4 yesterday and while the gameplay is nearly perfect, the biggest wow was the visuals. Compared to the demo the image quality got considerably better. I guess at least 2xSMAA or something and much higher shadow and texture resolution. Well done, Konami. Now pls get rid of those stutters.

I still think the crowd looks really ugly. Very pixely.

Jack cw

they seem to originate from what?
I guess it has to do with server request in the background. It's annoying and I dont want to disconnect all the time.
Is it just me or is R2+Shoot a lil overpowered?
I still think the crowd looks really ugly. Very pixely.
Don't know I still can't manage to shoot as good with "normal" players compared to those who are experts in it. Crowd looks ok, maybe your TV is not calibrated correctly. Or wait. You play it on Xbone.

Blablurn

I guess it has to do with server request in the background. It's annoying and I dont want to disconnect all the time.

Don't know I still can't manage to shoot as good with "normal" players compared to those who are experts in it. Crowd looks ok, maybe your TV is not calibrated correctly. Or wait. You play it on Xbone.

I don't play on second tier consoles, my dear Jack.

Hasney

It's because they don't want to pony up for server infrastructure for just week 1 traffic. If they're not willing to, they should just stop these "always online" experiences because it's fucked up. Especially with elastic server farms now, there really cannot be an excuse.

Expect the BS to continue.

Blablurn

Konami gonna Konami. Same server infrastructure since PES 2008. At least there is a quick match function. But those servers are the worst. Just copy EA's system and good is.

Jack cw

WTF. I can only play online against those who own the NA version as well. That's ridiculous!!!

So region lock is in again? That is sad. I might try to start a game with NA version owners tonight. But when I played yesterday it bugged me that in my live feed many friends were shown to have played the PES15 digital version (I guess all have the US PSN version) but in the games overview in the dashboard only one of my friends (Snitch) had the same copy as I did (EU version). Can someone else confirm this?

Region Lock and Stutter really are bummers so far.

for anyone that owns the game, does it have like a pro mode? such as pro clubs on fifa?

No. It has basically an Ultimate Team copy but no Pro Clubs. I guess this will get patched or introduced in the next installment.

Makes one wonder

UK disc version played on UK account and has stutters. Almost at the point of speaking with Shopto and returning it for now. Will give it another week for Konami to sort their shit out.

Hasney

I'm picking it up second hand when it hits around £25. Was going to grab a US digital version over the weekend if the servers weren't region locked, but fuck em.

Makes one wonder

Yes same for me, although I thought it was because of the mismatch between my EU copy and US account. Looks like US servers are the only culprit for stutter. All of my friends who are playing with EU account also said its completely stutter free.

EDIT: Well looks like it stutters with EU too /sigh

thanks jack!

that is the only mode im interesting in fifa, i got tired of playing against real madrid barcelona every day in division mode

Juicy Bob

I've never really been too fussed about online play in PES. I enjoy playing offline too much and know I'll get creamed if I go online, so I've never really bothered.

Jack cw

Still no PC demo?

Konami has opened the official site for the PC demo, but apparently, there is no content on it (yet)
I'll tweet Bhatti about this.
Hey guys I normally don't buy sports games consecutive years but its just RM75 in malaysia ($25US) Cheap!

But I have some questions...

1. PC option file out yet?
2. Borussia Dortmund in the game? It wasn't in PES2012...
3. Bundesliga in?
4. Do they have the championship or league 1/2 etc?
5. How's Master League? In 2012 it was difficult to sign anyone!

I guess nobody answered this yet.
1. Not yet. Modders are working on it though. Should be up soon.

2. No, FIFPro licence only give us Bayern Munich, Schalke 04 and Bayer Leverkusen. Next patch will include licenced Wolfsburg and Borussia Mönchengladbach.

3. No. DFL only gives exclusive licences and those are with EA. Any league that could imply a German league is prohibited. There is a random league in the game though. You could edit it to a "Bundesliga". But no emblem or sponsor support on PS4.

4. Some leagues have a second division, but since there is no Bundesliga, there is no second division. The custom league has a cup tornament though.

5. Considerably better and more realistic. Signing and scouting have been tweaked and players are "easier" to get. Still, you need some reputation and money to get the better palyers.

Zabojnik

So EU version it is, then. Thing I'll grab the digital one in a day or two. Hopefully the online issues will be somewhat solved by then, because Snitch's and Jack's Bayern MUST FALL.

Jack cw

So EU version it is, then. Thing I'll grab the digital one in a day or two. Hopefully the online issues will be somewhat solved by then, because Snitch's and Jack's Bayern MUST FALL.

I'm still smiling about the fact that Bayern (for the first time ever) is the only 5 star club in the game. Overall the ratings are much more accurate than in FIFA though. Juve is no competition.

Jack cw

I cant get Shareplay to work. Has anyone got this to work? It works with alot of other titles....

It worked in the demo I guess, but the final version doesn't support it. Same as in CoD: Advanced Warfare. I don't know why but Konami is pretty conservative with this and the region lock.
EDIT: EA it took it out of FIFA15 too yesterday.
We'll see about that. Kunten.
Correct would be: "Fotzen"

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I would probably wait a little longer than launch day. Server issues crop up on every online game at launch. So it's to be expected, irritating yes, but expected. Especially with PES.

Besides their net code has never been great, far less Dev budget than likes of FIFA.

Well, I cant join anyone, so my online portion seems completely borked.

I did try it with another player who should have the US version, but I am not 100% sure about that. Anyone with the US PSN version who could try a match with me?

NHale

Makes one wonder

That leads me to believe the problem is that the game is searching something on the Store (like DLC + myclub coins).

With US digital game using US PSN Account you have access to the store but with the UK PSN you don't because the game is from the US.

Zabojnik

It worked in the demo I guess, but the final version doesn't support it. Same as in CoD: Advanced Warfare. I don't know why but Konami is pretty conservative with this and the region lock.

Correct would be: "Fotzen"

Ah, so this is where Goetze Fotzen comes from.

derwalde

i have no experience with fifas UT or now PES myclub.

is this mode fun and engaging without extra buying coins or whatever?

Top Bottom