• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The cycle is dead - Long live the King

smik

Really want to get this today and then found out there is no pack openings or auction house on pes, its really held me off purchasing as fifas fut has easy squad customisation options

Can u search and buy specific players on my team? wanted to build a simple crappy Australian squad

How hard will it be to obtain?

Hasney

Really want to get this today and then found out there is no pack openings or auction house on pes, its really held me off purchasing as fifas fut has easy squad customisation options

Can u search and buy specific players on my team? wanted to build a simple crappy Australian squad

How hard will it be to obtain?

You probably won't be able to. It's a lot more fun than FUT to me and I did love FUT, even won Division 1 in '14.

Basically the way it works is you have agents. Regular agents you obtain one after every match and they are rated out of 3 stars and have a speciality like "plays RMF" or "Pressuring: Central" or "Nationality: Australia" or something. You can use up to 3 of these at a time, then you stop the target over a ball ranging in skill from Black, Gold, Silver, Bronze and White.

Top Agents are just a position and cost either 250 coins (think FIFA points, although they can be obtained in small amounts from gameplay as well) or 10,000gp (the main currency for playing matches and earning achievements.) This then starts the random pick again, but only on black and gold balls.

Your manager dictates your formation and the quality of players you can use. Your spirit takes a hit if you have a better team than your manager can handle and spirit is gained by your players being a good tactical fit with the managers philosophy rather than the arbitrary "OH WOW WE'RE FROM THE SAME COUNTRY/PLAY IN THE SAME LEAGUE LET'S BE FRIENDS" approach of FIFA. Contracts are renewed by GP and coins and there's no suspensions or injuries, thankfully.

There's also a sim mode for when you just want to manage and not play. I fire this up when I'm playing Persona Q at the same time.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Was gonna buy it today anyway and just seen the sale price :)

I know there are no OF's but is there anything I can download to make my edit job easier?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'm pretty sure it uses the standard PS4 keyboard, so a USB keyboard would work!

Lol fair enough! I'm gonna be lazy at first and just change Merseyside Red for now

goonergaz

Thanks to the 12 days offer I managed to sell my physical copy and go digtial whilst pocketing a few quid! Not only that, I still have the day one bonus code :)

Hasney

Lol fair enough! I'm gonna be lazy at first and just change Merseyside Red for now

I did the same and only changed Yorkshire Whites. I just wish the commentator didn't sound so surprised when he says "Leeds?!".

Thanks to the 12 days offer I managed to sell my physical copy and go digtial whilst pocketing a few quid! Not only that, I still have the day one bonus code :)

Yup, that was glorious timing with CEX still giving £27 for it. Then opening your MyClub inbox and having Gotze, a UEFA team of the season player (got Ozil, so not bad) and enough GP for a top agent waiting was a pretty sweet deal.

goonergaz

cool so the player points get added automatically - be interesting to see what happens for me & actually, having thought about it - this comes with the bonus stuff...so I assum I can sell the old code on because I won't be able to use it now?

Hasney

cool so the player points get added automatically - be interesting to see what happens for me & actually, having thought about it - this comes with the bonus stuff...so I assum I can sell the old code on because I won't be able to use it now?

I'm not sure. My copy was bought on the Amazon black Friday deal and had no code.

How do you change the controls to mirror Fifa? Lobs/ shooting... stuff like that?
Also.. does the game save this change or is it something you have to switch before every game?

I have looked everywhere and do not see an option to switch controls.

Hasney

How do you change the controls to mirror Fifa? Lobs/ shooting... stuff like that?
Also.. does the game save this change or is it something you have to switch before every game?

When you select what side you want to play as with the joypad, Press either triangle or square (at work so can't verify). You can customize the controls there and it will save.

DC R1D3R

Banned

lol

10 years ago this question would be blasphemous!

Markitron

lol

10 years ago this question would be blasphemous!

Ha, even in the PES wasteland years, first thing I did every year in FIFA was switch to the alternate controls!

Same here

Same for me.

You people make me sick, even bad PES was better than FIFA.

Also: Square = Shoot for life!!!!!

You people make me sick, even bad PES was better than FIFA.

Also: Square = Shoot for life!!!!!

That might be the case but my muscle memory says otherwise! Nothing is more frustrating than having a break away only to kick out of bounds because I hit pass instead of shoot...

on a side note.. does it just switch shooting or is this a full on copy of Fifa's control scheme? Thanks for the help guys.. and I must say... I am really digging this game.

Hasney

That might be the case but my muscle memory says otherwise! Nothing is more frustrating than having a break away only to kick out of bounds because I hit pass instead of shoot...

on a side note.. does it just switch shooting or is this a full on copy of Fifa's control scheme? Thanks for the help guys.. and I must say... I am really digging this game.

I've not used it so I don't know if all the buttons move over to FIFA mode, but I'm sure Control Type 2 works like FIFA for the main buttons at least.

Markitron

I know the feeling, I was forced to play FIFA last year for a bit and it was a pain in the tits. I think changing the control scheme pretty much just switches shoot and cross. When it gets to the shoulder buttons FIFA and PES start to differ a bit, so spend a few minutes customising it to emulate FIFA. For a start you may want to switch dash from R1 to R2, finesse shot from R2 to R1 and switch teammate pressure from square to whatever its FIFA equivalent was (I think it was R1 IIRC). I think L1 is the same on both.

jts

...hate me...
Just bought PES...Never owned a soccer game and watched Soccer twice...LETS GO!!!
That's... intriguing. And seems like it can easily backfire, as in you'll put the game aside really quickly.

If you power through hard enough it can be rewarding though.

Sporad

Neo Member
I bought this in the PSN sale and I can only play the UEFA Super Cup match?!! Has anyone else come across this issue?

jts

...hate me...
I bought this in the PSN sale and I can only play the UEFA Super Cup match?!! Has anyone else come across this issue?

PS4 downloads work like that. A small playable portion is downloaded first and the rest is downloaded in background. On PS4's home menu, with PES selected, press options and then information, and see how much there is left to download.

Sporad

Neo Member
PS4 downloads work like that. A small playable portion is downloaded first and the rest is downloaded in background. On PS4's home menu, with PES selected, press options and then information, and see how much there is left to download.
Ah thanks. It told me it had completed and then I looked and it hadn't, and couldn't resume. Have started from scratch again....

Hasney

Ah thanks. It told me it had completed and then I looked and it hadn't, and couldn't resume. Have started from scratch again....

Nah, the first part completes. Then you press options on the game on the homescreen and pick Information. That number that says how much is downloaded takes a little while to start moving while you're on that screen for some reason.

Ocelott

I like it it just has a steep learning curve...I am a sports guy so I play Madden, NBA, NHL, etc. Very technicial I like it

goonergaz

does anyone know, as I bought the digital version and got the star players & bonus points - can I still use a day one code to get another lots of bonuses?

Just bought PES...Never owned a soccer game and watched Soccer twice...LETS GO!!!

Haha that would be like me buying Madden. For the life of me I can't figure out how it is played, and the only time I've seen it being played was in couple of Hollywood movies.

Anyway, welcome to football :D

Hasney

Was just losing 5-0 when the connection to Konamis server was lost by both of us in the 87th minute. Gave me a win. Yay!

yop

Having a lot of fun getting back to Pro Evo after a long break from playing football games online. I usually only play friendlies but I wish people were willing to move away from Madrid, Barca, Bayern even occasionally. It gets tiring.

Having said that, I had some great matches last night with a guy playing Juve against my beloved North London Reds that all finished with one goal margins in extra time.

Ivan

I know there is no real option file for ps4, but is there a way to download fixed team names and roughly edited kits only?

That is possible, right?

Thanx, I don't have time to do that alone anymore...

Hasney

Might be done with the online. I'm still winning most of my matches, but everyone I play against uses the same tired strategy and it just gets old. One touch passing, send the runner, through ball and all you have to do is track the runner to defend against it.

feel

Any gameplay patches in the horizon? I'm hoping for AI improvements most of all, the defenders and GK often behave in a very relaxed and unrealistic way when you enter the box with the ball, taking the joy away from some goals. They need to be more desperate and aggressive closing you down, not just sit there staring as you do your thing.

LAM09

Any gameplay patches in the horizon? I'm hoping for AI improvements most of all, the defenders and GK often behave in a very relaxed and unrealistic way when you enter the box with the ball, taking the joy away from some goals. They need to be more desperate and aggressive closing you down, not just sit there staring as you do your thing.

I presume a patch will be released with the DLC, but we'll know for certain next week.

Theoris

Neo Member
This is a real surprise reprisal of classic PES gameplay. Absolutely adoring the way this plays on ps4, the way the ball can zip around is pure joy. I'm finding old Pes controls coming back to me as if my hands are dusting off an old muscle memory (L1+circle being an old favourite).

Rejoice! I'm enjoying a 'modern' footy game again!

Bumhead

Banned
Really loving playing this online, but I've played 23 matches so far and 20 of them have been against Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern Munich. Mostly Madrid.

It's frustratingly tedious. Why are modern football game fans so fucking boring? There are lots of good teams to play as in this game. I feel like the way Konami have approached Online Divisions even facilitates experimentation with team selection, which seems to be ignored by many.

GHG

Gold Member
Really loving playing this online, but I've played 23 matches so far and 20 of them have been against Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern Munich. Mostly Madrid.

It's frustratingly tedious. Why are modern football game fans so fucking boring? There are lots of good teams to play as in this game. I feel like the way Konami have approached Online Divisions even facilitates experimentation with team selection, which seems to be ignored by many.

That's why i stopped playing online divisions. Everyone is real Madrid. And there's me trying to have some fun by playing with ivory coast... While I'll still enjoy the match, I will ultimately lose every time to someone scoring from 30 yards with ronaldo/bale.

Admittedly, nothing feels better than when you do beat some noob who is playing with a 5 star team and they rage quit when you score your 3rd goal after a 20+ pass passage of play.

I've been playing myclub mode over the last few days which has turned out to be far more balanced and enjoyable. You really don't know what team you will come up against next since the players everyone has is completely random. Plus the ability to really build your own team how you want over time is a really big draw.

Hasney

That's why i stopped playing online divisions. Everyone is real Madrid. And there's me trying to have some fun by playing with ivory coast... While I'll still enjoy the match, I will ultimately lose every time to someone scoring from 30 yards with ronaldo/bale.

I've been playing myclub mode over the last few days which has turned out to be far more balanced and enjoyable. You really don't know what team you will come up against next since the players everyone has is completely random.

Yup, and since you can't just buy your way to a great team since RNG might bite you in the ass and there's no auction house, teams are usually well balanced. It also results in much cheering when the player is being revealed after picking a black ball and I'm going "Is that Robben?! IT IS!".

I've only just noticed that players will adapt to the managers style eventually resulting in a higher team spirit and players playing the way the manager wants them to which is another great touch.

Bumhead

Banned
Might give that a go myself then. I did dip my toes into MyClub but I haven't since I've been able to actually play online.

I'd love to see a football game lock out 5 star teams until you've unlocked them for online play. Won 30 matches? Played 30 without disconnecting? OK, now you can play as Madrid. The tears would be glorious. Why not tie it to progression through the divisions? If there's 12 divisions, why not limit it to 4 star teams or less until you reach Division 6.

LAM09

New DLC will be out tomorrow. It will inclue 4 new stadiums, and 4 new teams (BATE, Besiktas, Basel & Maribor). It also includes new balls, boots and a few new player faces. This is for CG versions.

Rumours are, there will also be a patch released later this week.

New DLC will be out tomorrow. It will inclue 4 new stadiums, and 4 new teams (BATE, Besiktas, Basel & Maribor). It also includes new balls, boots and a few new player faces. This is for CG versions.

Rumours are, there will also be a patch released later this week.

Nice update.

-73 new player faces, including the likes of José Callejón, Aaron Ramsey, Karim Bellarabi, Gerard Deulofeu, Luke Shaw, Iker Muniain and Rúben Neves (trying to get a full list of faces).

-Event Competitions in myClub, giving you new ways to accumulate points. A new panel will be added to the main menu screen, and Event Competitions will be open for limited times only. You will be matched online, and a scalable selection of rewards will be given to winning players. A tournament against CPU-controlled users is also available, with you be matched against teams of similar ability as yours and earning various rewards for winning.

-Four new stadiums for PS4 and Xbox One. Estádio do Morumbi, Saitama Stadium, El Monumental and Estádio Mineirão, with the latter exclusive to PS4 and Xbox One.

-New boots and balls. 10 new boots styles showcasing the latest styles from adidas, Umbro and Mizuno, while the adidas Pro Ligue 1 and the Conext 15 official match balls are also added.

-Additional kit updates and enhancements, including River Plate, Estudiantes de La Plata and the German national side. All player moves have also been finalised.

Source

Give me that fourth star.

Top Bottom