• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2017 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The King's New Kit

Yay, my game arrived! If anyone wants to add me for a game my PSN is my GAF username. Im UK if it's region locked.

Time to load up the Pesworld OF, Woo!

03sho

How do you let the ball go between your legs?

I know on Fifa it's one of the shoulder buttons but what is it on pes?

Loving the game this year

ty_hot

Ok I started the MyClub thing, got the pre order bonuses... I bought the Game Exclusive version that comes in a steelcase, with the Barça cover (not the normal one)... I live in Barcelona... And I got Casillas, Sergio Ramos and Bale in MyClub. From barça I got Aleix... And then I got a player from Sao Paulo (I support Corinthians).

This game is kidding me

Yagharek

Ok I started the MyClub thing, got the pre order bonuses... I bought the Game Exclusive version that comes in a steelcase, with the Barça cover (not the normal one)... I live in Barcelona... And I got Casillas, Sergio Ramos and Bale in MyClub. From barça I got Aleix... And then I got a player from Sao Paulo (I support Corinthians).

This game is kidding me

I guess that's your bench sorted.

Grassy

I've only played two Master League games so far(using the default no-name team), a 3-0 loss and a 1-0 win but holy fuck does the gameplay feel sublime.

Bumhead

Banned
That PES World update sounds great.

Better than what we have from PES Universe so far. Paid a fiver for their file and yeah the kits are good, but I'm a bit pissed off they neglected The Championship other than to do the kits and emblems. The PES World file sounds like everything they touch is at least a full edit.

That PES World update sounds great.

Better than what we have from PES Universe so far. Paid a fiver for their file and yeah the kits are good, but I'm a bit pissed off they neglected The Championship other than to do the kits and emblems. The PES World file sounds like everything they touch is at least a full edit.

The other thing I've noticed with the PES Universe OF is that the Championship logo is actually the League One EFL logo... I know they're saying it's a beta release, but surely stuff like that is easy to get right...

Think I might go with PESWorld as their OF was sublime last year.

NateDog

How close to the full game is the demo version? I didn't try it but didn't realise people liked it so much, but then again this happens with a lot of people when it first comes out for a few weeks and then the bigger flaws and issues become more of an annoyance to people so I'm unsure if it'll be different this time.

03sho

Changed the commentary language to Spanish even though I don't understand it because of the god awful English commentary. Shame there's no Japanese commentary option.

ibu

Changed the commentary language to Spanish even though I don't understand it because of the god awful English commentary. Shame there's no Japanese commentary option.

Ironically the English commentary is the best it has ever been. Even adapting to the play styles of the opponent, dependent on their tactical response to your play.

Nyx

Ironically the English commentary is the best it has ever been. Even adapting to the play styles of the opponent, dependent on their tactical response to your play.

Yeah was going to say this, of course it's not fantastic all of a sudden but the commentary this year seems better than the previous years for sure.

naku

If I start a Master League save and do all the OF stuff later, will the imported data still apply to the ML save?

I'm a twat. Went to buy this off the PSN store while I was on the train home last night and bought the PS3 version by mistake. Waiting on the refund now.

You could say I scored an own goal.

ty_hot

Tries one simulated division game. Lost 6-0. Seriously wtf. I have Casillas 82, Ramos and Cahil, Pereira and Michel Bastos in the defense (bastos is the worst, but sill 76), in the midfield 3 good players (all almost 80), my attack is Tevez, Bale and Totti. The coach plays on 433 and all players are assigned to their original positions.

The other team had only Ibra. Noone else that I've heard of. First half: 1 attempted shot, the other team 18.

6-0? In a simulated game? I get that my coach is not good enough for the team, but how can a bad coach + good team result in a horrible team? My players couldnt pass the ball after the midfield. The defenders wouldnt even run after Ibra (or when they would, it would be paralel to him, not even bothering the swedish mith. Wtf.

Btw i played it just to get some points and to see how that mode worked.

Edit. Im probably the biggest shame in this year's PES lol

Yaari

Considering getting this but eh, saw some people mention they get this for SP and FIFA for MP, well, I mainly want this for online.

I wasnt too pleased with PES16 online had it on PC and X1 and it was difficult to get matches. I hope theres enough players on PS4.

Also does that Barca edition give anything because the stores over here only mention the steelbook.

I'm trying to import PesWorld OF. Has anybody also have the trouble I'm having? Seems that you only have a limited number of kit images you can import into the game, and this patch already max it out, even though it 'only' add premier league, championship, liga and juve+sassuolo. Is that possible that I already reched the limit with this few teams?

I tried a few times last night and was getting crashes, I found that the way to get it to work is to delete all of the image files and start over, but only import like 10 teams at a time then save the dit data, do the next 10 teams, save, and repeat.

Mine keeps crashing when i transfer the last 15, then i restart and import them and the kits are all mixed up - man u have bournemouths kits!

Yeah, I got this too. I've just deleted the manager and stadium photos. They're pretty useless.

EDIT: Any International kit files doing the rounds?

I ran into the issue of running out of image import spots last night. What happened was my game crashed, and when I went to import again I learned it wasn't writing the image files over he ones that transferred before the crash, but along side. I'd suggest deleting all of your image files and starting over. Following the instructions I posted above and you should be fine.

i guess you could try wiping some of the manager or stadium images you don't care about, but I can tell you that they'll all fit. Also I was under the impression that different types of image files shouldn't affect each other meaning that you have a certain allotment of manager files that is independent of the number of kit images you can have.

Bumhead

Banned

Great stuff. Do we know how easy it is to combine OF's yet? So for example, could you bulk upload the PES World file and THEN this one on top to just add the International kits?

Looks like they've also got an Option File containing just about everything going live on Sunday.

If I start a Master League save and do all the OF stuff later, will the imported data still apply to the ML save?

Not 100%, but I believe Master League locks itself after it starts, so you'd need to start a new one each time you edited something. It's why I'm holding off until we've got a satisfactory Bundesliga.

PaulLFC

Not 100%, but I believe Master League locks itself after it starts, so you'd need to start a new one each time you edited something. It's why I'm holding off until we've got a satisfactory Bundesliga.
This was correct last year - haven't tried ML yet this year for the same reason - waiting for the Bundesliga. PESUniverse are saying by the weekend / early next week they'll have an update out.

naku

This was correct last year - haven't tried ML yet this year for the same reason - waiting for the Bundesliga. PESUniverse are saying by the weekend / early next week they'll have an update out.

Thanks. Bundesliga, Serie B and Spanish segunda are crucial to me so I guess I'll keep waiting before Master League

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
First time I've seen a goalie do this lol.

CcJn3Fj.gif

Also scored this seconds later. I love how this game attempts to produce good looking goals.

U6X7XKy.gif

Great stuff. Do we know how easy it is to combine OF's yet? So for example, could you bulk upload the PES World file and THEN this one on top to just add the International kits?

Looks like they've also got an Option File containing just about everything going live on Sunday.

Just so you know, this isn't an option file. It's the images for all the kits which you'd have to do manually one by one.
Like how last year's editing worked. Took a bloody long time.

Handy though. I'll add a few teams for now and hope an option file is released soon.

Yeah sadly its a pain being textures but I'm putting them together so I'll upload them for you guys over the weekend.

Bumhead

Banned
Above and beyond. Sterling work, sir.

And yeah of all the possible goals in PES, I think this game nails a dink over the top, controlled by a forward and scored more than any other. Looks and feels absolutely perfect when it comes off.

What a great game.

03sho

Not played pes for a while and I remember the old games after a master league game would show the player development screen. Is that gone now?

Bought it on PC for cheap enough. Plays fine and I'm OK with the graphics. Just wish you could turn off replays.

Another thing that does annoy me is how terrible the default Konami kits are. Like someone actually has to make all of them and they set United to having black home kits and so on and so forth. Weird as fuck. Man Red, with no red kits.

GHG

Gold Member
What's the verdict on the option files so far?

Is the pesworld one the best or should I be looking at a different one?

Can't seem to get the PES World OF to work. Tried importing the images in groups of 10 at a time but it always seems to crash. The one time it didn't crash, the emblems were all completely messed up.

Tried it again and again after deleting all the images, and deselected the Stoke.bin file (which I think is the problem), but still no joy.

Also scored this seconds later. I love how this game attempts to produce good looking goals.

U6X7XKy.gif

While the game is great this year i find that players uses too often their external side of their good foot to do very hard crosses or long passes (and with success). For me it seems a bit overtuned.

I dont know if it is clear because in french we use 'l'extérieur du pied' i dont know the exact term in english.

T-Rex.

Banned
how is the Online?
any improvement?
Still lags online. It's not as bad as before, but there's still noticeable button delay which obviously stops you from playing how you want. Also the referees aren't great; seems like only leg breakers get called for a foul and everything else is fair game. I've only played a handful of matches though, and it's early days still so could get better.

Top Bottom