• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2017 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The King's New Kit

24hr

How many here are contemplating getting BOTH Fifa and PES?

Yup, I always seem to get PES when it releases just to play with the updated rosters. As soon as FIFA comes out I just never seem to play it again for whatever reason.

Me. Just about every year I get both. Usually I seem to gravitate towards playing FIFA more because all of my friends end up with it, and last year I didn't like ML in PES. With the changes to ML this year though I'll be interested to see which I play more. I know that FIFA Manager Mode also has some changes this year, and I'm also interested in the FIFA story mode.

ty_hot

How has matchmaking been for you guys on PS4? And does the Barca Edition include anything extra at all?

kit my club
1 player from barça, 75+
1 lvl 30 player for each position (gk, def, mid, at)
10.000 gp x 10 weeks

but i guess this goes to all pre orders?

Bumhead

Banned
Really impressed with the PES World patch.

At least where The Championship is concerned, it's absolutely complete. Made one or two changes to the allocated stadiums but apart from that, it's great.

spwolf

i get fifa once it gets cheaper, for the kids...they like playing UT... but they dont play too many games except for UT and i cant get myself to play more than 1-2 games since gameplay is soo bad.

ty_hot

people that have bundesliga, I guess they created it on top of some 2nd division from other country... when there will a live update, wont you lose all the teams again? because it will update all the players/teams that were edited. isnt that a problem?

spwolf

people that have bundesliga, I guess they created it on top of some 2nd division from other country... when there will a live update, wont you lose all the teams again? because it will update all the players/teams that were edited. isnt that a problem?

doesnt seems so this year, it keeps the edited names. Yay!

ty_hot

doesnt seems so this year, it keeps the edited names. Yay!

team names, kits and emblems I think are ok, but the players as well? and shouldnt we wait for next week's update to be sure? Did you apply Bundesliga and AFTER did the live update?

I didnt install bundesliga in mine because I want to be sure that it will work fine :)

EDIT. totally forgot about those 'PEU League' that Konami has just so that we can have more leagues in the OF :D And I checked and there is this PEU League, another one similar that pretends to be from Asia, and many slots in 'other european' and 'other south american' teams. Great. I applied the emblems kits and names for UK, Spanish, Italian championships and will have like this until when we can have a complete Libertadores (yay) and great Bundesliga + other european teams as well, then it will be perfect.

Oh, during the import thing, everytime I imported a league I saved (from the menu before the import one), but it still crashed after the 40+ teams. So you do have to go back to the home screen before crossing the 40 team limit... but as I was saving it after every step I didnt have to do everything again, only the last one that crasehd, the others were already saved.

spwolf

team names, kits and emblems I think are ok, but the players as well? and shouldnt we wait for next week's update to be sure? Did you apply Bundesliga and AFTER did the live update?

I didnt install bundesliga in mine because I want to be sure that it will work fine :)

i had a team/player patch installed and then noticed that it messed up Zlatan being in Manu... so I went to live patch in settings, applied and it correctly updated Zlatan to Manu, and also left all the kits and names. Thats pretty good and better than what it was before.

I dont know about Bundesliga, but above happened to me yesterday.

Syntsui

Is the netcode really that bad? I gave another chance to the demo and it really hooked me up, the gameplay is much better than Fifa. If I can't properly play it online I'll not buy it.

newsguy

Does the full game have an option to turn off motion blur on console? It's so heavy that anything in motion looks completely out of focus.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Refs are really pissing me off, I'm averaging a pen a game without even touching the player, OR I win the ball fairly

PaulLFC

What's everyone's myClub spins been from the free agents? Very happy with mine:

Neymar
Iniesta
Sergio Ramos
Giroud
Valencia
Muslera
Ziech

and De Bruyne on loan.

LAM09

What's everyone's myClub spins been from the free agents? Very happy with mine:

Neymar
Iniesta
Sergio Ramos
Giroud
Valencia
Muslera
Ziech

and De Bruyne on loan.

I got:

Messi
Ramos
Brahimi
Alex Vidal
Hernanes
Totti (Lv 1)
Niang
Reus on loan

Decent start. I expect squads to get stacked after the next two agents (CL then 5 Barca legends).

Nyx

The squads of the Bundesliga clubs reset to their original PEU League club squads when you do the live update before an offline exhibition match or go online with one of those clubs.

If you turn off the live update (the small one that updates the form of famous players) you can use the Bundesliga clubs offline with the correct squads.

StylusX

Got one German team, one Spanish and around 5 championship teams to import but now I'm getting, can't add anymore images :( What can i do?

Geengrenzuh

Neo Member
Spent last night playing 1vs1 with my buddy. We've been playing since the golden days and had so much fun. The way the different teams feel, the tactical options, the individuality of the players, the random stuff happening on the pitch, just old school fun!

Love the individual player stat tracking in versus mode too. It's cool to have the game analyse and point out our different play styles.

Is anyone else having problems connecting to Konami's servers? I haven't been able to connect at all during these 3 days. I'm in Sweden and playing on PS4.

Sweep14

No Bundesliga is usually created by replacing the fake PEU League on PES

Kazooie

Banned
I got:

Messi
Ramos
Brahimi
Alex Vidal
Hernanes
Totti (Lv 1)
Niang
Reus on loan

Decent start. I expect squads to get stacked after the next two agents (CL then 5 Barca legends).
Is this confirmed and is there a website where you can view planned agents?

It doesn't matter if I manually open the ports needed, use upnp or put my PS4 in DMZ. If I'm behind a router with NAT 2, it's impossible to connect to the PES server. When I connect my PS4 directly to the modem it works immediately. I've never encountered this before in any game. Even the in-game network connection test says everything is fine.

tanuki

Considering how good the highlight cameras are (so much better than FIFA's), it's baffling that none of them are available to use in the replay section.

Also, I wouldn't mind an option to turn on the filter they use in the highlights on permanently. It's a bit instagrammy, but it hides some of the graphical shortcomings. I kinda like it!

PaulLFC

The squads of the Bundesliga clubs reset to their original PEU League club squads when you do the live update before an offline exhibition match or go online with one of those clubs.

If you turn off the live update (the small one that updates the form of famous players) you can use the Bundesliga clubs offline with the correct squads.
That seems like a pretty big oversight on Konami's part. Why would we want to update a league of fake teams and players?

Top Bottom