• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2017 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The King's New Kit

Hedrush

I guess the player models are the same but the pitch, stands, crowds, etc are from the last-gen version.

The fourth official looks like a current-gen model, the guy in the suit looks like a sad PES 6 player, looking at the players wanting to look as detailed as them.

That's one crazy hairstyle the guy in the suit has, the new afro with an octagon fringe look. Player models and official models look very decent though. The next gen grass is an odd omission on PC. Why do konami not make the PC version better looking or at least on par with next gen consoles, a really odd decision.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
That's one crazy hairstyle the guy in the suit has, the new afro with an octagon fringe look. Player models and official models look very decent though. The next gen grass is an odd omission on PC. Why do konami not make the PC version better looking or at least on par with next gen consoles, a really odd decision.

Because "People have weaker PC's"

They mustn't realise that the point of PC's is the freedom is choosing lower graphics, etc for better performance.

KONAMI being KONAMI.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Player models are the only decent part of the PC port and even those are not up to something you would expect to see in 2016. SweetFX can do only so much, this game would need a full rework, starting with the textures.

v1lla21

Tried out the fifa 17 and Pes demos and I much prefer how pes plays I was thinking of buying it but I mainly play online. Is the game good online? I might end up picking both up but I'm just not feeling fifa.

Robaperas

I guess is the market it's aimed for, the game is huge in South America and we don't have too much disposable income to build a high-end PC, or it doesn't sell well enough because of piracy so it's not worth the effort, or simply because it's Konami and Konami is the worst.

Played just one game so far on PC and I love how it controls, probably prefer that aspect to FIFA but presentation is very rough.It's bland and feels sterile in general tone and is just lacking many bells and whistles making if seem dated to be frank.

I hope someone mods it but I'm not sure how much can be done, I really enjoy how it plays so I'm not going to quit playing but I am thinking that the presentation of FIFA17 may draw me into that over this years PC port of PES.

Lashley

Played just one game so far on PC and I love how it controls, probably prefer that aspect to FIFA but presentation is very rough.It's bland and feels sterile in general tone and is just lacking many bells and whistles making if seem dated to be frank.

I hope someone mods it but I'm not sure how much can be done, I really enjoy how it plays so I'm not going to quit playing but I am thinking that the presentation of FIFA17 may draw me into that over this years PC port of PES.

That's why I get both.

PES has the gameplay, FIFA has the presentation, online and everything else.

Nyx

Notice a lot of ''fancy'' first touches, seems a bit too much.
Otherwise the flow of the game and many attacking moves do resemble real football!

spwolf

Tried out the fifa 17 and Pes demos and I much prefer how pes plays I was thinking of buying it but I mainly play online. Is the game good online? I might end up picking both up but I'm just not feeling fifa.

if you are buying EU version, then yes... US version was sparse last year when it comes to online due to less people playing.

I will more than likely be getting this for the gameplay and FIFA for the J League and my glorious Jubilo Iwata. I remember never being able to choose between them, Urawa Red Diamonds and Purple Sanga in one of the old football games on PS1. I think it was This Is Football.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
With the import teams do like 20 at a time. Had the game crash on me quite alot due to doing too many. Also after each import make sure to save. 😑

Apart from renaming the leagues and cups I'm nearly complete. I'm redoing some of the faces for Bayern Munich since the OF versions were quite bad for a few players. Shame we dont get scars because Ribery could be made very close. They should try for import textures for faces like the WWE games have been doing.

heringer

Played the PC demo and it's pretty much what we expected: garbage graphics, excellent gameplay.

My only concern right now is how Denuvo will affect the patches.

Jack cw

if you are buying EU version, then yes... US version was sparse last year when it comes to online due to less people playing.
Isn't the game region free this time so you can play worldwide?

And is there a decent OF with Bundesliga and all?

PaulLFC

Has anyone who's received the PESUniverse OF email got anything from them about registering for an account on the site? Seems from Twitter a few people have managed to get upgraded Gold accounts which are mentioned in the email, but there's no instructions in the email on how to go about that.

Lashley

Had money in my wallet so got PES with my wallet funds and the other two with my card since they were on sale

xegU6e3.png

SpaceHorror

Has anyone who's received the PESUniverse OF email got anything from them about registering for an account on the site? Seems from Twitter a few people have managed to get upgraded Gold accounts which are mentioned in the email, but there's no instructions in the email on how to go about that.

Yeah, I got the email. No instructions on upgrading.

And their website is down at the moment so I can't log in to find out if I've been upgraded.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Bundeliga complete. Is it possible to get rid of those two teams at the bottom or do I have to swap with another?

Edit: Nevermind sorted, changed the draw size to 18. Probably make some Scottish teams now.

My housemate has a PS4 and is going to buy Fifa 17 when it comes out, but I personally only buy and have pc games and almost exclusively Steam games, so I'm incredibly tempted by PES actually being available. I'm really hoping they just launch the online only mode f2p version soon so I can not have to buy the barebones singleplayer part that I will just play in Fifa, especially considering PES doesn't even have the license to the Timbers.

Downloading the demo now to see how it runs. The Demo and the MyClub f2p thing should just be the same damn game, what better way to draw people in.

Kazooie

Banned
Sound like a little moaning bitch but the one TOTY player I didn't want was Pogba as I had him since week one last year and I'm a City fan... and I got Pogba with my TOTY agent...

Is there anyway to target particular players like Bravo?

Plasma

Banned
I wonder why Sony allows this but not Fallout 4 modding, cool though I remember how much of a pain in the arse it was editing all the teams when I used to play is on the PS2.

LAM09

Sound like a little moaning bitch but the one TOTY player I didn't want was Pogba as I had him since week one last year and I'm a City fan... and I got Pogba with my TOTY agent...

Nope. All luck of the draw

PaulLFC

There is, sort of. You can buy scouts at auction that target specific clubs, positions, nationalities etc, so theoretically you can combine multiple scouts to target a player, or at least narrow down the possible selection. However the scouts seem to be going for ridiculous money, I saw a video where scounts were being bid on at over 20,000 GP for one scout. Plus the auctions appear to take multiple days to complete - so yeah, it'll take a while, and be expensive.

Yeah, I got the email. No instructions on upgrading.

And their website is down at the moment so I can't log in to find out if I've been upgraded.
I just got an email titled "Membership Information" which explains how to activate the Gold membership - it's through their site so I'm going to hold off for a few hours or so until the servers calm down a bit.

Cant download PC demo from Steam? It appears in search, but when I click on it, it just opens the main game page. Is PC Demo taken down?

PaulLFC

Cant download PC demo from Steam? It appears in search, but when I click on it, it just opens the main game page. Is PC Demo taken down?
There should be a "Download Demo" button on the right of the game page - under the video / screenshots, and next to the add to cart button.

Bumhead

Banned
Installed the PES Universe update.

Delightfully straight forward.

For Championship clubs at least, there's still some editing to do though. Stuff like club colours, shirt number colours etc are still "off". Not sure if that's same for Prem though.

Just not sure how much time to invest in that myself. Will future PES Universe override any changes we make now?

Hedrush

Not without doing it yourself :(

I find it very ironic that only last week Microsoft where tweeting and bragging about how you can only get fallout 4 mods on xbox one yet here we are today and they've not got mods on PES and they're only available on PS4.

This PES universe OF does it need much manual editing? I don't mind fixing a few things but if it's an hour's job or whatever I'll just wait it out for an updated version.

Installed the PES Universe update.

Delightfully straight forward.

For Championship clubs at least, there's still some editing to do though. Stuff like club colours, shirt number colours etc are still "off". Not sure if that's same for Prem though.

Just not sure how much time to invest in that myself. Will future PES Universe override any changes we make now?

I think for kits, yes.

How are the standard kits this year? Normally they are a vague copy of the real thing but last year all the colours were messed up (Liverpool in stripes, Spurs in yellow???) for some reason and editing every thing took ages as a result.

spwolf

Yeah, I'm in the US so I'd probably get a super laggy connection to those in EU

well, last year, you would get only from your region... since i am from Europe, i was also playing usually at wrong time for US players.

Not sure if they changed the region thing, if it is worldwide then it will work good.

spwolf

i downloaded update someone posted few pages back... and it moved Zlatan out of ManU... So I applied live update again, thinking it will lose the changes from the patch but no, everything works fine... so thats great.

SpaceHorror

So the PES Universe OF didn't fix everything for me. Most managers are still fake and only a few stadium names were changed.

Top Bottom