• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2017 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The King's New Kit

There's also an automatic live update when you play online and a manual live update when you play offline, but if you want to have the transfer update applied all the time, you need the one in the options screen. :)

I don't play online, I only care about having correct rosters offline. When you say 'the one in the options screen' you mean the one in the 'extras' tab, just below the 'edit' tile, right?

Another question: has a workaround the maximum number of images slots been found? I mean, I just applied the PES World OF, so I'm still missing Bundesliga, and Serie B and LaLiga2 don't have correct kits, just the stock ones, but I'm only left with about 100 2048x2048 image slots available. Since every team takes between 3 and 4 slots each, this means I won't be able to have everything patched... or am I missing something obvious?

EDIT: I guess the workaround is to have some teams stick with 1024x1024 kit images, as they take different slots. Still it would be nice if Konamy just unlocked the number of slots for images

Bumhead

Banned
Does anybody else finds the game to be way too easy? I am not a hardcore PES player but top player is already way to easy after one day (winning 4-0 with Ajax against Barca) and even on Superstar the AI (Barca) has allot of difficulties to create a scoring opportunity against me.

On the contrary, I'm finding it hard.

Professional feels jacked up to me compared to the demo. I don't want the game to be easy, but I'm finding it WAY harder to put together the slick passing and movement from the demo. Feels like I have almost zero time on the ball or to create space.. AI feels really aggressive, defensively.

Regular feels more like the demo to me, but I'm hesitant to drop down to that in case it does become too easy.

On the contrary, I'm finding it hard.

Professional feels jacked up to me compared to the demo. I don't want the game to be easy, but I'm finding it WAY harder to put together the slick passing and movement from the demo. Feels like I have almost zero time on the ball or to create space.. AI feels really aggressive, defensively.

Regular feels more like the demo to me, but I'm hesitant to drop down to that in case it does become too easy.

Here are some PES 2017 Tips that may help.

Just got the email from pesuniverse with the option file, but when I download the OF and I try to extract it, it says "the archive is either in unknown format or damaged".
The zip of the OF is only 111 bytes in size.
Did it happen to anyone else ? Am I doing something wrong ?

Just got the email from pesuniverse with the option file, but when I download the OF and I try to extract it, it says "the archive is either in unknown format or damaged".
The zip of the OF is only 111 bytes in size.
Did it happen to anyone else ? Am I doing something wrong ?
From the file size I'd say you just downloaded the first bytes and then stopped. I'd say delete it and start the download again, there's absolutely no way an OF with kits and such is that small ;)

ty_hot

My shoots are also floaty, always going over the bar. I will try the two square presses next time.

Once I figured that my Team Spirit was the problem I am having a lot more fun online in MyClub, even winning matches (hahaha).

The Online Competitions is also fun, finally I have some incentive to not use the same teams as everybody. Played with Corinthians and tied with Man U, then won against Tottenham and lastly lost against Liverpool. Almost qualified for the knockout phase with those results. Cool. From 100 teams 18 were Real Madrid and 10+ Barcelona though.

From the file size I'd say you just downloaded the first bytes and then stopped. I'd say delete it and start the download again, there's absolutely no way an OF with kits and such is that small ;)

I thought that was a problem, but I started it again a lot of times, ordered it again with a new link, it always downloads 111 bytes and then says that download is complete and it doesn't work :(
I also wrote them but they're not answering.

24hr

My shoots are also floaty, always going over the bar. I will try the two square presses next time.

Once I figured that my Team Spirit was the problem I am having a lot more fun online in MyClub, even winning matches (hahaha).

The Online Competitions is also fun, finally I have some incentive to not use the same teams as everybody. Played with Corinthians and tied with Man U, then won against Tottenham and lastly lost against Liverpool. Almost qualified for the knockout phase with those results. Cool. From 100 teams 18 were Real Madrid and 10+ Barcelona though.

Yeah that's always the case with PES, most people who go with them. Really don't understand why it doesn't match with skill level and team level like FIFA do. Or at least let each other see what team they are selecting like it does in the lobby system.

ty_hot

Yeah that's always the case with PES, most people who go with them. Really don't understand why it doesn't match with skill level and team level like FIFA do. Or at least let each other see what team they are selecting like it does in the lobby system.

You can match by skill level and team level in PES too. I just said that in this mode (online competition) you have some incentive to use other teams. If there are 10 teams, 4 barça, 4 real, 1 sevilla and 1 lazio, the qualifying takes in account your results (3 consecutive matches) and the number of people playing with your team. So in this example, if you are barça and won 2 games, but the other 3 people with barça won 3 amd the guy with sevilla won 1 and tied another, he will be better qualified than you, even though he has less points than you.

In that Corinthians example that I gave before I was the 14th with 1 win 1 tie, then I lost and went to 18th, and there were other teams with 2 wins that were behind me. It was a 100+ teams competition.

I also played a National competition and played with Brazil and I faced GREECE, Belgium and Sweden. Who would imagine that I wouldnt play against france, portugal, argentina and germany? It was awesome. I will practice with Uruguay, good team and not many people use it.

Meadows

Banned
What camera settings are people using? Also is anyone else having problems with the colours on the mini radar being off?

That said this game seems great so far, I'm doing an ML campaign with Bristol City and managed to get Joe Gomez on loan (he's unreal) and Pato as a free agent.

Professional is hard though and the players I came in with are pretty dire so I'm in 13th after 10 games and already out of the FA Cup.

Good fun!

Nyx

The game actually does try to match you with skill and team level, but the online playerbase is much smaller than FIFA and not that many people like to play with lower rated teams unfortunately.

Spat_triate

Camera setting? Look like PES6 camera.

It's the replay camera, so I'm not sure.

Did you use R2 when receiving the ball with Ibra? (making him shield it)

A lot of times when I receive the ball with defenders near me, the first touch is so bad that a simple tackle makes me lose it.

Not in that situation because R2 also makes you turn toward the opposition goal. I lightly touched LS for the first touch then seeing that the defender was on me, I let go of LS and held R1 (which let's you shield the ball depending on the player's physicality).

For everyone asking about floating shots, the shot bar/meter corresponds to height. If you keep your shot bar is in the first third, the result will be a low shot. How hard and accurate depends a lot on the player's stats and positioning.

ML is crack to me on this. I'm trying not to play it much as i'm gonna restart it once the Bundesliga update comes out from Pesunviverse, it's so good though 😫

Just finished my first ML season as Arsenal on professional and it was quite difficult, finished 4th and got beat 3-2 in the CL final by Barca. Love how the game plays and how different the AI teams are in tactics, which forces you to switch things up if your approach isn't working.

Couple of gripes though; Ref's are still shit, AI teams committed so many 2-footed lunges from behind and only got a yellow at most. Advantage play is still poor as well.

Altairre

Scored this screamer in the 95th minute to steal a point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkN75v5YpEw

Nicely done! That being said, after playing the PS4 version for a while it's a real bummer to see just how bad the PC version looks in comparison. Get your shit together Konami.

Just finished my first ML season as Arsenal on professional and it was quite difficult, finished 4th and got beat 3-2 in the CL final by Barca. Love how the game plays and how different the AI teams are in tactics, which forces you to switch things up if your approach isn't working.

Couple of gripes though; Ref's are still shit, AI teams committed so many 2-footed lunges from behind and only got a yellow at most. Advantage play is still poor as well.

That drives me up the wall as well. AI can get by doing the dumbest sliding tackles and sometimes you don't even get a free kick out of it.

Mr Rivuz

Tried the advanced shots, i hit the crossbar like 5 times per match. All the remaining shots go high above it...
Tried double pressing but doesn't change much, i don't understand the logic behind it.
I'm going back and forth between this demo and Fifa's, can't decide which to buy. I liked pes more, but these floaty shoats are making me change my mind...

Any better PC option files yet? Want to start an ML.

I'm pretty sure they've done away with the knuckle shot being the double tap. It's a random trait now.

The CPU got three yellow cards in one match. I don't think that has happened in PES since PES4 or something like that. It took them way too long to fix the shitty refs, but they've finally done it.

Bumhead

Banned
I think they're better, but red cards seem to be non existent.

I think the refs are excellent in this, on the whole, but would agree the lack of red cards is just kinda weird.

Had one last night where my defender, the last man, absolutely scythed the AI down as he was running in on goal. Two footed straight through him just outside the box. Yellow card.

I think the refs are excellent in this, on the whole, but would agree the lack of red cards is just kinda weird.

Had one last night where my defender, the last man, absolutely scythed the AI down as he was running in on goal. Two footed straight through him just outside the box. Yellow card.
Yeah very good calling of fouls, what's a yellow and what's a red is kinda up in the air. I've gotten one red do far and can't complain about it but have made the same tackle a couple of times and got nothing.

Noticed the option file doesn't work with a 2nd player signed in as a guest.

A friend came around last night and we played a friendly no problem but when we went back to the main menu to start a Champions League were were given a warning that Guest1 didn't have permission to view user created data. When we went to the team select menu it had all reverted to the unlicensed teams. We had to restart the game to get the teams back.

PaulLFC

Straight reds or two bookings?
Those two were straight reds. I've had others from two bookings, but 2 straight reds.

Noticed the option file doesn't work with a 2nd player signed in as a guest.

A friend came around last night and we played a friendly no problem but when we went back to the main menu to start a Champions League were were given a warning that Guest1 didn't have permission to view user created data. When we went to the team select menu it had all reverted to the unlicensed teams. We had to restart the game to get the teams back.
Apparently the fix to this is to make another user account on the PS4 and have the second player use that account.

ty_hot

Tried the advanced shots, i hit the crossbar like 5 times per match. All the remaining shots go high above it...
Tried double pressing but doesn't change much, i don't understand the logic behind it.
I'm going back and forth between this demo and Fifa's, can't decide which to buy. I liked pes more, but these floaty shoats are making me change my mind...

I hit the crossbar all the time too. I still didn't get how the shots work, I touch square a little bit, I am not running, I'm in front of te GK, there is no one near me... And it goes above the bar. Or I am running, nobody near me, the player shoots with his good foot, quick square touch (something like 10-20% of the bar...) and it goes over the bar.

Are you using advanced shooting? Maybe we have to aim at the goal better, otherwise he shoots like that? Idk, but I love this game.

PaulLFC

I hit the crossbar all the time too. I still didn't get how the shots work, I touch square a little bit, I am not running, I'm in front of te GK, there is no one near me... And it goes above the bar. Or I am running, nobody near me, the player shoots with his good foot, quick square touch (something like 10-20% of the bar...) and it goes over the bar.

Are you using advanced shooting? Maybe we have to aim at the goal better, otherwise he shoots like that? Idk, but I love this game.
Advanced shooting has a weird control system. If you're holding the direction you're running in, shots will always go high. Holding the opposite direction on the stick does a low shot.

spwolf

Yeah very good calling of fouls, what's a yellow and what's a red is kinda up in the air. I've gotten one red do far and can't complain about it but have made the same tackle a couple of times and got nothing.

In PES, different games have different ref criteria... so I got red card once but it was really a bad foul.

Most important part is that now computer gets fouls and yellow cards... before that was almost non existant.

Funny, playing game vs ManU in ML and they were savage and refs let them do it lol.. I had Zlatan pull my player with his hand to keep me from getting the ball. Pretty amazing how real life it felt.

ty_hot

Advanced shooting has a weird control system. If you're holding the direction you're running in, shots will always go high. Holding the opposite direction on the stick does a low shot.
Are there tutorials/trainings for that? I didn't look for it but I guess I will need it.

Yesterday I pressed one guy 90 minutes, two ball in the crossbar, two or three big saves from his gk... And when it was 93 minutes, in a corner, the ball was wild, hitting all players, big mess near the goal.. And penalty for me. That was glorious, felt like a real football match, all that tension. Amd that was in a 5 minutes match.

mauaus

Those two were straight reds. I've had others from two bookings, but 2 straight reds.

Apparently the fix to this is to make another user account on the PS4 and have the second player use that account.
Ive also had a couple of straight reds usually tackles from behind

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Yep, shooting is awful

ty_hot

Basic shooting or manual shooting are fine, the mechanics behind advanced shooting feel horrible to me.

I thought advanced would be somewhere between basic and manual... I will try manual.

And which pass assistance do you guys use? The description of the different levels doesnt help much. And manual is too hard for now (once I get how to shoot properly I can work on that).

baberunisei

My wife played with me with her user today (not as guest) and it didn't prevent the game from not permitting us to use the custom option files.

Basic shooting or manual shooting are fine, the mechanics behind advanced shooting feel horrible to me.
Advanced has always been bad. Advanced through balls are a good idea but I find them tough in the heat of the moment.

I thought advanced would be somewhere between basic and manual... I will try manual.

And which pass assistance do you guys use? The description of the different levels doesnt help much. And manual is too hard for now (once I get how to shoot properly I can work on that).
I use 1. Switched to 2 for a gem or two as I was struggling but back down to 1 for now. Eventual goal in manual once I get used to the time it takes players to control the ball going in whatever direction.

cabot

I don't share the happiness with the referees.

I feel the CPU gets away with a lot more than I do, a number of fouls I've committed have been given (occasionally with bookings) and the CPU does the same type of foul and nothing is given.

I've also had clear obstructions and tackles that have went ignored. It's doesn't feel like a level playing field.

I started my ML game, I like the little pre-game cutscenes that seem to have some relevance. An example was my first signing, it showed him looking round the stadium and nodding, looking well chuffed. The amusing news articles with quotes from your players is also great

Was wondering if someone could check a bug I think I've encountered.

I was trying Become a Legend mode last night and was fast forwarding through the match. Then when I was subbed on the game slowed down but seemed like it was playing in slow motion. I realise that sounds like I had just become too used to the sped up gameplay but I'm almost certain the game had slowed down to slow motion speed.

I don't share the happiness with the referees.

I feel the CPU gets away with a lot more than I do, a number of fouls I've committed have been given (occasionally with bookings) and the CPU does the same type of foul and nothing is given.

I've also had clear obstructions and tackles that have went ignored. It's doesn't feel like a level playing field.

I started my ML game, I like the little pre-game cutscenes that seem to have some relevance. An example was my first signing, it showed him looking round the stadium and nodding, looking well chuffed. The amusing news articles with quotes from your players is also great

Have you played the last 5-6 PES games? The refs are way better than they have been for years. The CPU getting booked was almost unheard of before. Sure, the CPU still gets away with more than you do, but it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be. I'm just happy that the refs aren't horrendous anymore. Being able to get one decent free kick opportunity per game, instead of around five in a whole season, is certainly welcome.

Got stuck in to this properly over the weekend and its miles better than last years offering. I absolutely love it and I've had some cracking games against the CPU. The advanced tactics are great and really do make a difference, and I've noticed more variety in how teams play in one weekend of this than I ever did with FIFA16. The games are much more of a tactical battle.

Not sure about the Barca love-in though. Wonder how that has gone down with Madrid fans? The commentators are still susceptible to dramatic changes in tone too, and the menus are as shitty as usual, but the actual football is brilliant. From what I've played of this and FIFA 17, I think this is the best year for footy games in a while.

^ Same thing happened in both my matches when i tried out BAL so i haven't gone back on it since, it was excruciatingly slow when i came off the bench, far too slow to be intentional i think.

Does anybody else finds the game to be way too easy? I am not a hardcore PES player but top player is already way to easy after one day (winning 4-0 with Ajax against Barca) and even on Superstar the AI (Barca) has allot of difficulties to create a scoring opportunity against me.

I'm not a PES player, been with fifa since 2010.
1st day with the game, already in top difficulty, and winning.

The passing game is just too OP, and its very easy to get to the other team's box, there's no midfield in the AI defense.

Top Bottom