• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2017 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The King's New Kit

Nyx

That seems like a pretty big oversight on Konami's part. Why would we want to update a league of fake teams and players?

No idea!

After loading up the game for the first time I did the transfer update, then installed the OF.
Everything looked fine Bundesliga-wise till I started an exhibition match. The 4 German clubs who originally are in ''Other European Clubs'' went back there, the PEU League went from 18 to 20 clubs again and the 4 fake clubs I removed were back in too.

I still see Bayern, Wolfsburg etc. with the correct kits, emblem etc. but their squad is back to the original PEU League squad.

When I turn off the live update everything goes back to how it was after installing the OF.

ty_hot

After losing so many matches I finally understood what was happening in MyClub. My team spirit was in 6 , and I thought it should be from 1 to 9 so it was not good but not bad... Then I changed my coach, put some shut players in the bench and it went up to 55 :eek: playing is finally great. The players finally try to steal the ball, run from the other defenders etc lol now I got why I was losing 5x0 6x1 all the time. A new era has begun.

T-Rex.

Banned
Can someone finally comment on how online is and the netcode? It's been asked too many times..
Yeah I want to know this too.
Same as always. I've had about 5 matches where the connection was really good and there was no button delay/lag, and about 7 where there was either really bad lag or noticeable button delay. If you mainly play online I wouldn't recommend the game.. and I'm saying that as someone who thinks this year's FIFA is dreadful (based on the beta and demo) and PES is miles ahead when it comes to gameplay.

For those looking to play online, you can search for games based on connection quality. Set it to level 5. It will take longer to find a game, but once you do it is much more likely to be one with a lag free connection.

Installed all the official updates and the PES World option file.

Anyone notice how on edit mode or even things like training that the rosters are the same as they were pre transfer update?

A bit annoying as I want to save formations and lineups using the newer players.

Thanks for the replies.. it breaks my heart that online is still bad.. PES is still my favorite football game but I mainly play online matches. :( oh well

LAM09

Anyone notice how on edit mode or even things like training that the rosters are the same as they were pre transfer update?

A bit annoying as I want to save formations and lineups using the newer players.

You have to apply the live update again. Not sure what adding the Bundesliga is going to be like.

AFCA

Neo Member
Does anybody else finds the game to be way too easy? I am not a hardcore PES player but top player is already way to easy after one day (winning 4-0 with Ajax against Barca) and even on Superstar the AI (Barca) has allot of difficulties to create a scoring opportunity against me.

PaulLFC

PES Universe have said an update to their OF is releasing today which includes the Bundesliga:

PESUniverse ‏@PesUniverse 13s14 seconds ago
As well as that, we have a fully finished Bundesliga ready to go for members in an update 😁 and the other leagues are nearly done too

naku

Can't wait for the complete Bundesliga OF. Just want to start Master League... Hopefully we will get it this weekend, cause I'm off from work mon through thurs.

abbyabs

Does anyone know if this years PES is region locked? I have US digital copy but i live in the England, I don't want to redeem it and be stuck with laggy matches.

Some people say yes some say no...

Ennosuke

Just bought my first PES game. (PS4) I played Fifa for many years and at some point it really became a great game. But all current gen Fifa's really do suck. It gets worse and worse.

PaulLFC

Does anyone know if this years PES is region locked? I have US digital copy but i live in the England, I don't want to redeem it and be stuck with laggy matches.

Some people say yes some say no...
Unfortunately yes, it's region locked so you'll be matched against US players.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
How can I make my shots less floaty? I tap the shoot button and the ball flies over the post?

I really don't feel in control of my shots. That's my only gripe, that and how slow my first touch is, the defenders easily tackle me if they're nearby

Syntsui

I really makes me sad that the online is still trash, the game is a beautiful football experience but I'll have to get Fifa considering I have no one to play with offline.

spwolf

I really makes me sad that the online is still trash, the game is a beautiful football experience but I'll have to get Fifa considering I have no one to play with offline.

it is not trash at all, i have no idea why people keep saying this... if you have EU game in EU, it works perfectly, i had zero lag moments playing with someone from France, which is like 60-70ms away at least.

spwolf

apply the transfer update again. It will work.

Although with latest option files, i did not have to apply the update, i guess they were updated to 1.01 already.

Does anybody else finds the game to be way too easy? I am not a hardcore PES player but top player is already way to easy after one day (winning 4-0 with Ajax against Barca) and even on Superstar the AI (Barca) has allot of difficulties to create a scoring opportunity against me.

Anyone else with this problem here? I'd really like to get it this time but this kinda turns me off as i'd probably be playing 50% of my time with the game in SP

Anyone else with this problem here? I'd really like to get it this time but this kinda turns me off as i'd probably be playing 50% of my time with the game in SP

I haven't played much yet, but from the few games I've played on professional it seems to be easier than PES2016. I'm going to try higher difficulties later.

mace999

Neo Member
So I bought the game on my UK account but play on my US account as I have ps+ for this account only.
Anyway I started My Club and got most of the pre-order scouts and got a pretty average team, I found out I didn't get any of the Barcelona +80 scouts. So I tried on my UK account and indeed the scouts were there,I had to start a new My Club team, and I rolled Messi, Ronaldo & Pique for this team .... couldn't believe my luck but then realised I can't use them as my UK account doesn't have ps+ :(

Is there anyway to use my UK account My Club team to transfer to my US account ?!?! Now I have 2 different teams on my ps4, the one without online is an amazing team but I can't use them, only against the computer .....

So is it possible ?!?

Is it t just me or do headers feel pretty much unstoppable? Most goals that I have scored on conceded online and offline have come from headers with no keepers seeming to be able to react to them properly.

spwolf

there is always superstar... it depends on your team i guess... 3rd game I beat Barcelona on top player in myclub so i thought i am all mighty but now in ML i lose in Pro with Lei...i cant imagine really playing it on Superstar really in ML unless i have really great team.

Also, imho they stopped cheating in 2015 (or 2014?). It has gotten easier since then... with new refs that dont cheat in 2017, it has to be little be more easy too. Team AI is smarter and we can also arrange tactics better.

So in the end, I would not worry about it... changes made are made for better of the game.

It has to be said again, new ML is tops... i used to never play ML, it was so annoying to wait for this and that... now it is really optimized and simply flows.

cLOUDo

i just bought it, what i need to know?
what is the best OF right now?
can i tried different OF at same time or they just overwrite the previous one?

Blablurn

i just bought it, what i need to know?
what is the best OF right now?
can i tried different OF at same time or they just overwrite the previous one?

The Option File from PES World is the best.

I also used one called DFL to add Bayern. It also features the other Bundesliga teams.

But let's face it. Only Bayern matters.

PaulLFC

So I bought the game on my UK account but play on my US account as I have ps+ for this account only.
Anyway I started My Club and got most of the pre-order scouts and got a pretty average team, I found out I didn't get any of the Barcelona +80 scouts. So I tried on my UK account and indeed the scouts were there,I had to start a new My Club team, and I rolled Messi, Ronaldo & Pique for this team .... couldn't believe my luck but then realised I can't use them as my UK account doesn't have ps+ :(

Is there anyway to use my UK account My Club team to transfer to my US account ?!?! Now I have 2 different teams on my ps4, the one without online is an amazing team but I can't use them, only against the computer .....

So is it possible ?!?
I thought PS+ covered all accounts on the console? So as long as your US account with PS+ is set as primary for the console the UK account is on, it should work.

Spat_triate

Zlatan is beastly. I played with ManU for a couple matches and was amazed how similar he looked to the real deal.

I mean look at this:
l0HlEgVuPwkVuE8qk.gif

Shrugs of two defenders and hits a screamer from 30 yards out that bobbles over the keeper's outstretched hand and into the net. Amazing.

butman

Zlatan is beastly. I played with ManU for a couple matches and was amazed how similar he looked to the real deal.

I mean look at this:

Shrugs of two defenders and hits a screamer from 30 yards out that bobbles over the keeper's outstretched hand and into the net. Amazing.

Camera setting? Look like PES6 camera.

mace999

Neo Member
I thought PS+ covered all accounts on the console? So as long as your US account with PS+ is set as primary for the console the UK account is on, it should work.

Oh my god, you're right ......... Thank God for that, thanks for the info ..... I didn't know that at all, time to play with my dream team up front then :)

Nyx

Did you use R2 when receiving the ball with Ibra? (making him shield it)

A lot of times when I receive the ball with defenders near me, the first touch is so bad that a simple tackle makes me lose it.

Tried to go full manual on passing and throughpasses, don't think i can get used to it. Any tips

Captain Obvious here, but practice really is the only thing you can do.
I know it's frustrating though, especially when you keep on playing people who do use assists.

Guys I'm a bit confused about the whole 'option files and transfers and live update' thing. What's the correct order to apply those things? I don't care about in-game players reflecting real-life forms and injuries (which I think is what live update does, right?), but I naturally want the rosters to be up to date and not ending up having that punkass Pjanic in my team... what to I do?

Nyx

Guys I'm a bit confused about the whole 'option files and transfers and live update' thing. What's the correct order to apply those things? I don't care about in-game players reflecting real-life forms and injuries (which I think is what live update does, right?), but I naturally want the rosters to be up to date and not ending up having that punkass Pjanic in my team... what to I do?

You should start the game, go to the options screen, use the live update option (= transfer update) there and save, before you install the OF.

You should start the game, go to the options screen, use the live update option (= transfer update) there and save, before you install the OF.
Ok thanks! So the live update is actually the tranfer update? Since player trading is over in real life until January I guess I can turn it off after applying it the first time, right?

Nyx

Ok thanks! So the live update is actually the tranfer update? Since player trading is over in real life until January I guess I can turn it off after applying it the first time, right?

There's also an automatic live update when you play online and a manual live update when you play offline, but if you want to have the transfer update applied all the time, you need the one in the options screen. :)

T-Rex.

Banned
How can I make my shots less floaty? I tap the shoot button and the ball flies over the post?

I really don't feel in control of my shots. That's my only gripe, that and how slow my first touch is, the defenders easily tackle me if they're nearby
Tap the shoot button twice. Once when you actually want to shoot, and the other just before the player hits the ball.

Top Bottom