• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2017 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The King's New Kit

cabot

Have you played the last 5-6 PES games? The refs are way better than they have been for years. The CPU getting booked was almost unheard of before. Sure, the CPU still gets away with more than you do, but it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be. I'm just happy that the refs aren't horrendous anymore. Being able to get one decent free kick opportunity per game, instead of around five in a whole season, is certainly welcome.

I've played all PES games on this current generation, some last-gen, and all in the PS2 gen.

I'd still say they were horrendous since you can't trust them as a mechanic because of the inconsistency between Player/CPU.

Sweep14

I'm not a PES player, been with fifa since 2010.
1st day with the game, already in top difficulty, and winning.

The passing game is just too OP, and its very easy to get to the other team's box, there's no midfield in the AI defense.

Use no pass assist and we'll talk about it again... :)

PaulLFC

You did the dive move into the ball.

You press L3 + R3 + L1 + L2.
The only strange thing there is that play doesn't seem to stop to book him for a dive. The ref doesn't seem to acknowledge it. Maybe you can get away with dives in your own half if you're not near an opponent? I haven't tried them this year.

Is GP only used in MyClub?
Yes. It gets used quickly though (at least 10,000GP per agent, 1-2k per contract renewal when you get 80+ players).

ty_hot

I'm having hard time finding the full list of teams in PES 2017, specially the south american teams, help please.

Brasil, Argentina and Chile 1st division. And Red Bull Brasil as well. lol The others are not licensed (from the 'other south american teams' I can see that the first two are supposed to be Penarol and nacional-URU (by their colors)

The only strange thing there is that play doesn't seem to stop to book him for a dive. The ref doesn't seem to acknowledge it. Maybe you can get away with dives in your own half if you're not near an opponent? I haven't tried them this year.

Yes. It gets used quickly though (at least 10,000GP per agent, 1-2k per contract renewal when you get 80+ players).

I'm imagining Mike Dean whispering to himself "I'm gunna allow it".

panty

This might be a wrong thread for this but which one is better, this one or the new Fifa? I dont have any agenda, I just want to play the best footie game this year.

Apparently they are working on a patch for 2 v 2 online, a favourite mode of mine from years ago. If it comes to fruition I'll buy the game then.

PaulLFC

Is Become a Legend the same as ML with edit data? i.e. I should wait for a more complete OF before starting a career? Or does it pick up updated edit data from future OFs?

This might be a wrong thread for this but which one is better, this one or the new Fifa? I dont have any agenda, I just want to play the best footie game this year.
You'll probably get a more pro-PES opinion in this thread, but I do genuinely think that this year PES beats FIFA on gameplay.

FIFA obviously wins on licenses out of the box but if you're buying on PS4, it's very quick to get correct kits etc in PES.

NHale

You should really try both demos available for each game. It's impossible to give a informed opinion because it depends which type of football game you like more and which stuff you find more important. For example if what you want a faster game, I would recommend FIFA. If you want a better tactical AI it would be PES, etc.

Considering you can try both for free and unless you have a download cap, you should really play both games and make your own opinion.

Lupercal

Banned
Is there any way to disable the annoying cutscenes? Every year do they this and every year there's no way to turn them off.
Seriously thinking about reselling it.

Is Become a Legend the same as ML with edit data? i.e. I should wait for a more complete OF before starting a career? Or does it pick up updated edit data from future OFs?

Damn I didn't know that !
Which game modes don't pick up future updated edit data other than Master League ?
What about MyClub ?

tanuki

The Asian version of this game seems to have no online community whatsoever, which is a shame. I would've thought there would be plenty of Japanese players, but now I wonder if Japan is its own region?

May still need to get FIFA for some online play...

Hedrush

It's my biggest gripe with the game at the moment.
Sure, the AI could use some work and defending is lol but the cutscenes drive me mad.
Takes 5 min extra per match because of it.

Seriously? Lol you can skip replays/cutscenes with one press of the options button and even if you didn't there's no way it adds an extra 5 minutes onto your game, that just ridiculous.

naku

Going by the tweets PESUniverse is putting out right now, seems like we are about to get a REALLY good Bundesliga. Apparently LALiga2 also included.

Lupercal

Banned
Seriously? Lol you can skip replays/cutscenes with one press of the options button and even if you didn't there's no way it adds an extra 5 minutes onto your game, that just ridiculous.

Press options, wait for the next one to load, repeat, repeat.
That's probably 20 seconds. Repeat that 10 times in a match. Especially a highscoring one, in Fifa I skip everything in 2 seconds.

Loving the corner system though, been scoring some daggers today.

Hedrush

Press options, wait for the next one to load, repeat, repeat.
That's probably 20 seconds. Repeat that 10 times in a match. Especially a highscoring one, in Fifa I skip everything in 2 seconds.

Loving the corner system though, been scoring some daggers today.

That's just nonsense your talking. You press the options button and the replay ends and your back in the match within 2-3 seconds.

Edit: I timed it. From the second the ball hits the net to you kicking off again takes 4.63 seconds.

Spat_triate

As much as I love the game, I feel like Konami has to give some love to the defending side of the game next year. It's just not on the same level as attacking play.

Hold/Double Tap A to defend is not a good mechanic and can be very inconsistent. Moving the player manually into the ball carrier works but is also inconsistent as sometimes the defender will just watch the ball roll by.

Liverpool are great to play against. Games are so open thanks to the gengenpress.

As much as I love the game, I feel like Konami has to give some love to the defending side of the game next year. It's just not on the same level as attacking play.

Hold/Double Tap A to defend is not a good mechanic and can be very inconsistent. Moving the player manually into the ball carrier works but is also inconsistent as sometimes the defender will just watch the ball roll by.
Hold R2 and jockey? I find that best.

Bumhead

Banned
Can't get over how fun this game is.

It's the first football game I've played in years - probably since PES6 - that I'm booting up to play for the fun of playing. Master League is what I come to PES for but I've been holding off starting it until the game feels "completely" patched, playing just exhibition matches in the meantime. And even just endlessly playing one off friendlies I've enjoyed the hell out of the game.

Spat_triate

Liverpool are great to play against. Games are so open thanks to the gengenpress.

Hold R2 and jockey? I find that best.

Oh sure, that works well (sometimes) when trying to block passing lanes or slow down a run but I'm talking about tackling once you get close. I'd much rather a one button press solution (ala Tactical Defending in FIFA). I've been playing against the CPU in PES for years and that lack of an instant method of tackling has always bugged me.

So how people getting on with using Superstar Difficulty, particularly in Ml or Cup modes? Haven't looked back since playing that difficulty in the demo but was apprehensive about how it would translate in the games modes as far as being cheaty.

Few games into my CL Campaign and had some very tough games but never felt frustrated or cheated or seen any blatant bullshit scripting like on the last game. It's a true testament to the a.i and the improvements over last year, no longer being exploited by daft thoroughballs lofted or not and the incredible goalkeeping really does make every attempt on goal unpredictable. This game is the real deal.

Oh sure, that works well (sometimes) when trying to block passing lanes or slow down a run but I'm talking about tackling once you get close. I'd much rather a one button press solution (ala Tactical Defending in FIFA). I've been playing against the CPU in PES for years and that lack of an instant method of tackling has always bugged me.
Yeah, I get you. I think the same as you when it comes to that alright.

Meneses

I'm probably missing something, but what's the point of the auction in MyClub? It takes forever, seems super expensive and you can't even sell your stuff?

LAM09

I'm probably missing something, but what's the point of the auction in MyClub? It takes forever, seems super expensive and you can't even sell your stuff?

You can buy certain scouts that you can combine to get a specific player. The higher the grade (1 to 5 stars), the better player you'll get.

An example could be:
4* Chelsea scout
3* Nigerian Scout
3* DMF role

That will result in you getting Mikel. You can sell your scouts, but you get very little for them.

Meneses

You can buy certain scouts that you can combine to get a specific player. The higher the grade (1 to 5 stars), the better player you'll get.

An example could be:
4* Chelsea scout
3* Nigerian Scout
3* DMF role

That will result in you getting Mikel. You can sell your scouts, but you get very little for them.

Oh yeah, I got the general idea of it, but it just seems so... sluggish? Like, if there's a good scout, a lot of people will bid on it. Then you still have the final round with all those people bidding again, which will generally be the following day.

It's kinda weird.

LAM09

Oh yeah, I got the general idea of it, but it just seems so... sluggish? Like, if there's a good scout, a lot of people will bid on it. Then you still have the final round with all those people bidding again, which will generally be the following day.

It's kinda weird.

Does need some working on. The final round should only be for a few hours max instead of a day.

spwolf

So how people getting on with using Superstar Difficulty, particularly in Ml or Cup modes? Haven't looked back since playing that difficulty in the demo but was apprehensive about how it would translate in the games modes as far as being cheaty.

Few games into my CL Campaign and had some very tough games but never felt frustrated or cheated or seen any blatant bullshit scripting like on the last game. It's a true testament to the a.i and the improvements over last year, no longer being exploited by daft thoroughballs lofted or not and the incredible goalkeeping really does make every attempt on goal unpredictable. This game is the real deal.

i feel there is a big difference in modes, which was always happening just that I play ML now.

In Pro ML, I have issues beating teams with Lei, partially because i changed too much and my team compability rating was down to 50's (forgot what is it called)... you cant beat anyone at that point... now i am at 85 and it looks better.

On the other hand, in myclub, one of the tournaments, i played with my 75 overall average team vs Barcelona at Top Player and I beat them fairly easily.

So ML is pretty complex, and I like the challenge.

Loved Super Star on the demo and was having some really good matches. Found it a bit frustrating on the full game so slipped back down to top player for now.

Dortmund are incredible on this. Aubameyang is 🔥🔥🔥

Find Tottenharam really fun to play with in this once you set them up like they play in real life. Alli's diagonal runs outside of the centre halves is one of the most delightfully realistic things.

spwolf

Loved Super Star on the demo and was having some really good matches. Found it a bit frustrating on the full game so slipped back down to top player for now.

Dortmund are incredible on this. Aubameyang is 🔥🔥🔥

what mode are you playing in?

Top Bottom