• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2017 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The King's New Kit

PaulLFC

You need to apply the live update, but that might mess up created teams, if you have any.

I'm not 100% sure on this, haven't applied the latest PES Universe OF yet (waiting until Serie B and national teams are done and then will apply that file and start ML), but I think the process is:

- Apply Live Update in options menu
- Go into friendly match mode and make sure live update is toggled off (R3)
- Apply option file

Press options, wait for the next one to load, repeat, repeat.
That's probably 20 seconds. Repeat that 10 times in a match. Especially a highscoring one, in Fifa I skip everything in 2 seconds.

Loving the corner system though, been scoring some daggers today.

It takes max 5 seconds to get through the goal replay. Options -> Options -> Done. If there is more things you have to get through it's because you pressed X for replay controls.

This game is soooo good. Almost all gameplay annoyances from previous games are gone. The refs are way better now, and I definitely think they are fair. The more I play, the more I like it, and I notice more and more things that actually work the way they should.

The CPU just got a red card. I don't think I can even remember the last time I saw that in a PES game.

Double D

Finally got the full game in from Amazon after some delivery delay nonsense (which actually resulted in me getting the game free, so that worked out) and applied the free OF that was linked a few pages back. Everything worked perfectly and tried a few exhibition matches with the correct kits.

Then I jumped into MyClub. I'm an avid FUT guy that is actually trying to get away from it because I spend way too much of my time in the transfer market. So I was pleasantly surprised to find that MyClub seems to be a lot more accessible than in previous years. Maybe it's because I've never really given it a proper chance, but anyways, it seems like it will be a lot of fun.

I didn't do the preorder or get the Barca edition, but did get some loyalty and early bird bonuses to flesh out a decent starter team. (Sergio Ramos, Denis Suarez, Morata, Lucas, Zabaleta, and Alexis Sanchez on loan). Anyways, game is superb and looking forward to spending a lot more time with it.

Alej

Banned
I'm addicted to online division and myclub. For real. Games are so intense, lot of 0-0 or 1-0, big defenses are showing in and there isn't any easy way to score. Whereas people pressuring like hell, running indefinitely or pingponging are getting hammered online. God i like that.

First time it happens to me in a PES game. My Master League will have to wait.

tanuki

I wonder how this game is selling? I think back in the PS2 days it did very respectable numbers, but I wonder if a lot of the fanbase switched over to FIFA during the dark years? I certainly did; I think over the past 10 years I bought PES once (not including this year) and every other year was FIFA.

I get the feeling if you're the type of person who's into FUT or online clubs, there's pretty much no incentive to switch brands.

Is this as good as World Soccer: Winning Eleven 7 International? The physics and gameplay of PES started to feel too heavy for me around the PS3 releases.

Bumhead

Banned
I wonder how this game is selling? I think back in the PS2 days it did very respectable numbers, but I wonder if a lot of the fanbase switched over to FIFA during the dark years? I certainly did; I think over the past 10 years I bought PES once (not including this year) and every other year was FIFA.

I get the feeling if you're the type of person who's into FUT or online clubs, there's pretty much no incentive to switch brands.

To be fair to EA they've done a very good job of building brand loyalty. There is a huge chunk of people out there, probably the majority, who couldn't leave behind the licensing/Pro Clubs/Ultimate Team and "all my friends will buy FIFA" no matter how good PES is. Through stuff like Ultimate Team, EA have kinda muscled in on football culturally beyond just being a videogame, so it's almost THE defecto football game. Especially for younger players and the YouTube generations.

I know more people who are buying PES this year than since the PS2 days, but I know a lot more who have played the PES demo, REALLY enjoyed it, but are still buying FIFA because it's just the done thing.

That's just the way it is.

Logsi

Crazy how the game seems to hold no value no matter what it's like.

I got the day one last year and 2 weeks after release it was already sub 30. Waited this year and 5 days later it's at the right price for me to update!

Looking forward to getting home and sorting my option file out and getting stuck in!

Oiiiii, nice avatar ��, love me some Ed Scissor, Tell them it's Winter is one of my favourite rap records this year.

If you ever get the chance to see him live, take it! He lives music.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Wait, is that confirmed true? You may have just sold me if it is only the graphics downgraded and the gameplay is like PS4.

I've got it on PC, and I really don't think they're that bad. They aren't amazing, but the player models are still fantastic imo. With SweetFX it looks fantastic.

ty_hot

I got the day one last year and 2 weeks after release it was already sub 30. Waited this year and 5 days later it's at the right price for me to update!

Looking forward to getting home and sorting my option file out and getting stuck in!

If you ever get the chance to see him live, take it! He lives music.

I feel stupid for preordering it now. I had no idea it was like this =(

There was even the shopto discount before the release, they had the PES 2017 for PS4 for under 45 euros, BEFORE LAUNCH DATE.

And how does it hold up in price after? I planned on selling it next year around April/May so that it will still have some value... but maybe I am just ocmpletly wrong. (i never had a videogame and lived in a country where there is a good legal videogame market before).

SpaceHorror

It might have a little effect, but probably more down to how it's selling. Heard it ain't great.

Damn shame. It deserves to sell as well as FIFA.

Even though it's easy to get OFs it is still a shame how the licenses are tied up to one game. I imagine PES could really boost its sales with full licenses.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Newbie here. How does this file upload ting work, with the kits and stuff? Is it out yet?

Sorry for the stupid question, literally my first PES game.

Picked up a copy today for £26 in Tesco - haven't played a Pro Evo game in a while. Am I right reading that there's no way to update kits etc on Xbox one?

ChanMan

Enjoying this game so much, I have all leagues completed and national league kits applied. Check pesgaming for some great option files.

Picked up a copy today for £26 in Tesco - haven't played a Pro Evo game in a while. Am I right reading that there's no way to update kits etc on Xbox one?

No option file method, you have to edit yourself. I just try and make the kits bear a passing resemblance and that's good enough for me.

Bumhead

Banned
No option file method, you have to edit yourself. I just try and make the kits bear a passing resemblance and that's good enough for me.

I did this on PES 2015, before Option Files were enabled on PS4. Just created "Classic" kits, as plain and close to clubs "traditional" colours as possible.

Was alright. Filled a whole. To be honest looking at some of the retro kits doing the rounds I'm half tempted to go retro for some clubs on this version.

DagsJT

The lack of fouls, again, is really frustrating. The CPU has a habit of smashing into you, the controller vibrates to show you've been clattered but nothing is given by the ref.

The foul situation is better than last year, but not much.

Hedrush

The lack of fouls, again, is really frustrating. The CPU has a habit of smashing into you, the controller vibrates to show you've been clattered but nothing is given by the ref.

The foul situation is better than last year, but not much.

I think it's down to the individual ref, I may be wrong but sometimes i get awarded nothing whereas other times the ref will always give me a free kick.

Top Bottom